May Parker (Spider-Girl) 5*

Comments

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 92 Match Maker

Ugh, another feeder that I baby Ascended. Going to miss out on these rewards again.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

Looking forward to see whether the AI suicides with her and that black power in her PvP. I hope so coz she sounds annoying to finish off, like 4* Elektra's black

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards

I really like the design and think she will be fun to play with but very annoying against. My Apoc is low enough level that she'll overtake him fairly quickly, so just need a black battery to keep those protect tiles low and the damage coming thick and fast.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards

@JoeHandle said:

@KGB said:
    Can't believe we haven't talked about the elephant in the room yet.

Who has recently ascended Jessica Drew and has her a L450 and is looking at 0 retro rewards if they don't come up with 16 covers quickly?

KGB

Nope. Why would anyone max+min a crummy 4* like Spider-Woman? Seeing as she wasn't feeding anyone, why have already ascended her at all?

Ascending a max+max is now no "risk," so you may as well, but in those cases I make another new 4 star version of the character since the reward progression is better on 4 stars at 1:1 than 5 star at 4:1. When I ascend Spider-Woman, I'll definitely do that, particularly since she feeds a 5*.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 29 May 2024, 13:38

@GrimSkald said:

@JoeHandle said:

@KGB said:

Who has recently ascended Jessica Drew and has her a L450 and is looking at 0 retro rewards if they don't come up with 16 covers quickly?

KGB

Nope. Why would anyone max+min a crummy 4* like Spider-Woman? Seeing as she wasn't feeding anyone, why have already ascended her at all?

Ascending a max+max is now no "risk," so you may as well, but in those cases I make another new 4 star version of the character since the reward progression is better on 4 stars at 1:1 than 5 star at 4:1. When I ascend Spider-Woman, I'll definitely do that, particularly since she feeds a 5*.

The “risk” is that a 4 that feeds no one and becomes a feeder will give you retro covers twice if you ascend inside the 7 day window and you’ll miss out on the double dip if you ascend them before that.

It’s probably immaterial for anyone with 2 370s, really. One round of retro covers is enough to get going. But in the case of a useless character there’s not a compelling reason to ascend at all other than you can avoid the need to roster a 3rd copy you may not want to.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,636 Chairperson of the Boards

@JoeHandle said:

@KGB said:

KGB

I have one at 485 and one at 452.

• Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

For those going to 550 hoard break for Aunt May, what are your guys thoughts now MP's details are out? Break with Phyla or May Parker?

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor

@Carnifex said:
    For those going to 550 hoard break for Aunt May, what are your guys thoughts now MP's details are out? Break with Phyla or May Parker?

Give it a couple days for the whales to get their cover swaps and they'll test May parker out

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@JoeHandle said:

@KGB said:

KGB

I have so many questions.......

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,636 Chairperson of the Boards

@rainkingucd said:

@entrailbucket said:

@JoeHandle said:

@KGB said:

KGB

I believe @ThisisClemFandango can answer any questions you have about this.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards

Why does the store always suck (the 3 5 stars ). Sitting on 17k cp

• GrimSkald

@bluewolf said:

@GrimSkald said:

@JoeHandle said:

@KGB said:

KGB

The “risk” is that a 4 that feeds no one and becomes a feeder will give you retro covers twice if you ascend inside the 7 day window and you’ll miss out on the double dip if you ascend them before that.

It’s probably immaterial for anyone with 2 370s, really. One round of retro covers is enough to get going. But in the case of a useless character there’s not a compelling reason to ascend at all other than you can avoid the need to roster a 3rd copy you may not want to.

LOL. I'd love to say that I would never dream of intentionally racing a 4 star up to 370 in that magic week where they give retro awards so I can "double dip," but since my dupe Spider-Woman is 359 I'm totally going to favorite her when I pull at least a few dozen LTs tomorrow so I can double dip.

I don't think I would if she was much lower, to be honest, nor would I hold back a 370+370 from Ascension on the off chance I can get an extra 12 covers for a new 5 star down the road. That chance is just much too low, and the rewards from those 12 levels are pretty darn good...

• GrimSkald

@slidecage said:

TBH, Classics are a really good deal at this point if you're looking to advance your whole Roster. Heck, they're a pretty good deal if you just want to advance two specific 5 and 4 stars, since the Shards do come relatively quickly. The extra 20% on pulls coupled with the slightly higher chance of 5 stars is very good.

I didn't even look at her "litter-mates" until now. You're right, they suck. Classics it is...

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker

@Carnifex said:

May .......... be.

But pretty sure.

For now.

• JoeHandle

@slidecage said:

They don't.

They do this time tho.

• JoeHandle
    edited 30 May 2024, 16:39

@entrailbucket said:

@JoeHandle said:

@KGB said:

KGB

That's a what, not a why 😜

Presumably the why was that, after many years of pulling tons of classics and LTs, you had 4 copies of SW (and many, many other 4s ... the big boy version of a softcapper's clone army!), 3 of them maxed, and wanted the loot and roster space.

If my quick count is accurate, there are 42 4s not feeding anyone. Thankfully almost all are terrible. So no reason to push any of them. The big exception is Coulson, ascended Coulson is awesome. If he gets a feeder, oh well, clean up later, enjoy his utility in the meantime.

I've only ascended 15 4s so far, all of them feeders, so I haven't had to burst a vessel over retro reward shenanigans yet.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards

Hmm, I just got seven covers for May Parker that could only come from my ascended Spider-Woman. Or am I missing something?

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@entrailbucket said:

@rainkingucd said:

@entrailbucket said:

@JoeHandle said:

@KGB said:

KGB

I believe @ThisisClemFandango can answer any questions you have about this.

That's me!!
    Providing shambolic information since 2021

That just raises further questions!

• techgrunt
    techgrunt Posts: 25 Just Dropped In

I think I might be missing some shards for May. I have an ascended spider woman and only received 1800 shards. Should I have received 2500 at least?