May Parker (Spider-Girl) 5*

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards

@techgrunt said:
    I think I might be missing some shards for May. I have an ascended spider woman and only received 1800 shards. Should I have received 2500 at least?

It depends on what your Spider Woman level is. If it's 451 you got the "right" amount.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor

@slidecage said:
    Why does the store always suck (the 3 5 stars ). Sitting on 17k cp

Save it for the Fan Favorites store in June. That might be worth pulling.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Since no one asked me to explain eb's spiderwoman question I'm going to do it anyway

1) I would imagine eb is planning for all eventualities and is aware of bcs 7 day "we won't be giving retro awards as it was a one off, oh alright we'll do it" policy
    2) maybe he likes spiderwoman so much he wants 2
    3) he has more roster slots than he knows what to do with
    4) probably has to much time on his hands
    5) to be honest, I don't really see how it's any of your business, I mean , let the man play the game how he wants...Are you some sort of mpq genius that knows better??? Huh? I MEAN WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! COMING ON HERE CRITIQUING OTHER PEOPLE, YOU ARENT ALWAYS RIGHT, OTHER PEOPLE STOOD UP AND CHEERED BUT NOT ME I STOOD UP AND SAID THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED LAST WEEK! HAVE YOU ALL GOT AMNESIA? THEY JUST CHEATED US! THIS ISNT FAIR!!! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE **** - A - DOODIE CAR!

Hopefully this has been enlightening
    Cc @entrailbucket @rainkingucd

Here to help as always
    Much love

Wonder Woman Spider Woman is awesome! Of course he has two!

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler

I think this character is going to be WAY more annoying than she’s being given credit for in this thread. If she had any more offense she’d be no doubt meta, but as is she has a massive health pool, essentially. You pretty much have to target her last, since every time you fire a power at her there is a really good chance you waste your ap. Even as a baby champ, to get her down to dodging a 1/4 of the time, which is still a lot, she’ll have over 3k protects, so match damage against her will be crippled. Every match will be a calculation, have I got the dodge percentage down enough for it to be worth firing a power and risking my ap. Also, are you even going to have ap in your nuke after the AI fires blue every match? Then, when you finally get to her, you have to target her with matches and by default swing and miss (on average) several times before you even get to the decision of firing a power. The match is going to take forever.

Not saying she’s remotely unbeatable given her lack of offense, but annoying? Oh my gosh yes. This is a high defensive value character, following Jubilee who was also a high defensive value character.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm guessing the trick will be passive damage, so iHulk or Omega Red, even if she dodges it was a free attack. Whittle her down, stun then nuke. Or use characters who ignore protects like Apoc.

• wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker

5* May actually seem not bad with quite a few possible characters to team up with. However I am kind of disappointed that both 3* and 5* do not have abilities that interact with web tiles. I mean, what is the point of a Spider-verse character if they don't have abilities that interact with web tiles?

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards

@658_2 said:
    she’ll have over 3k protects, so match damage against her will be crippled.

It's 3* Loki's time to shine!

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    edited 30 May 2024, 17:12

@rainkingucd said:

@658_2 said:
    she’ll have over 3k protects, so match damage against her will be crippled.

It's 3* Loki's time to shine!

3>5 Loki!

I received 8 covers of our new baby Spider-Girl, took her for a spin, and she seems promising, but I am not yet sure how promising. Yet another character that needs multiple synergies, multiple forms of support, AP generation and tile buffing/spamming, because she brings neither of her own. Nor does she have a stun. She brings AP suppression, which suggests countering metas rather than being a meta, and she does some spamming. Having her own AP gen, a stun, tile buffing, a/o more spamming could make her too strong.

Likely going to be better in pick-3, where she can have two partners, than pick-2, me thinks ... except when the feature in pick-2 modes happens to play well with her.

Anyway, looking forward to finally opening LTs in bulk in 4wks .....

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker

@wingX said:
    5* May actually seem not bad with quite a few possible characters to team up with. However I am kind of disappointed that both 3* and 5* do not have abilities that interact with web tiles. I mean, what is the point of a Spider-verse character if they don't have abilities that interact with web tiles?

A bit disappointed too. But at least she can still work together with Silk and be a massive pain turtle team. Better than Peni Parker, who would rather hang out with technologists over spider friends.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,229 Chairperson of the Boards

Got 16 covers for her. Now I just need enough Iso to level her up and champ her.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards

@658_2 said:
    I think this character is going to be WAY more annoying than she’s being given credit for in this thread. If she had any more offense she’d be no doubt meta, but as is she has a massive health pool, essentially. You pretty much have to target her last, since every time you fire a power at her there is a really good chance you waste your ap. Even as a baby champ, to get her down to dodging a 1/4 of the time, which is still a lot, she’ll have over 3k protects, so match damage against her will be crippled. Every match will be a calculation, have I got the dodge percentage down enough for it to be worth firing a power and risking my ap. Also, are you even going to have ap in your nuke after the AI fires blue every match? Then, when you finally get to her, you have to target her with matches and by default swing and miss (on average) several times before you even get to the decision of firing a power. The match is going to take forever.

Not saying she’s remotely unbeatable given her lack of offense, but annoying? Oh my gosh yes. This is a high defensive value character, following Jubilee who was also a high defensive value character.

I totally agree. I think she is going to be a real pain in PVP. She also will be slow to defeat which may become a skip as speed is King in PVP.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

@Carnifex said:
    For those going to 550 hoard break for Aunt May, what are your guys thoughts now MP's details are out? Break with Phyla or May Parker?

Why wait? It was hard enough for me to wait one month, so I pulled last night. She’s a PVE game changer, and those don’t come around too often. If you favorite her and SM-Os, you’ll probably get her to 550 before the other 2. Then if you really want newer May, you can wait till she’s in next month and pull more. All your extra older May covers can then be swapped for newer May.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

I think she’s got some dirt. Mine is 3/3/3 with another cover on deck cuz of the event missions.

So far she goes really well with ascended Bishop.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards

@LavaManLee said:

@658_2 said:

I totally agree. I think she is going to be a real pain in PVP. She also will be slow to defeat which may become a skip as speed is King in PVP.

Once supports hit. Doubt anyone will be a massive pain

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,636 Chairperson of the Boards

Since no one asked me to explain eb's spiderwoman question I'm going to do it anyway

1) I would imagine eb is planning for all eventualities and is aware of bcs 7 day "we won't be giving retro awards as it was a one off, oh alright we'll do it" policy
    5) to be honest, I don't really see how it's any of your business, I mean , let the man play the game how he wants...Are you some sort of mpq genius that knows better??? Huh? I MEAN WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! COMING ON HERE CRITIQUING OTHER PEOPLE, YOU ARENT ALWAYS RIGHT, OTHER PEOPLE STOOD UP AND CHEERED BUT NOT ME I STOOD UP AND SAID THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED LAST WEEK! HAVE YOU ALL GOT AMNESIA? THEY JUST CHEATED US! THIS ISNT FAIR!!! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE **** - A - DOODIE CAR!

Here to help as always
    Much love

One of these 5 points is the exact truth and fully explains the situation.

The other 4 are filthy, offensive lies made up to make me look as bad as possible.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 806 Critical Contributor

@entrailbucket said:

Here to help as always
    Much love

One of these 5 points is the exact truth and fully explains the situation.

The other 4 are filthy, offensive lies made up to make me look as bad as possible.

Thank you, I do my best.

• techgrunt
    techgrunt Posts: 25 Just Dropped In

@Scofie said:

@techgrunt said:
    I think I might be missing some shards for May. I have an ascended spider woman and only received 1800 shards. Should I have received 2500 at least?

It depends on what your Spider Woman level is. If it's 451 you got the "right" amount.

I must have missed some announcement but this sucks. I would have received 2500 shards for a 4* spider woman at level 370 but an ascended one yields less.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 31 May 2024, 01:48

@techgrunt said:

@Scofie said:

@techgrunt said:

I must have missed some announcement but this sucks. I would have received 2500 shards for a 4* spider woman at level 370 but an ascended one yields less.

There’s been no announcement, but the community has determined that ascending below L290 dupe will result in missed retro covers vs having two champs. Above that you’re ok. They did some weird things with the rewards table.

• techgrunt
    techgrunt Posts: 25 Just Dropped In

@bluewolf said:

@techgrunt said:

@Scofie said:

@techgrunt said:

There’s been no announcement, but the community has determined that ascending below L290 dupe will result in missed retro covers vs having two champs. Above that you’re ok. They did some weird things with the rewards table.

Thanks. I will be more careful.