May Parker (Spider-Girl) 5*

124»

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

@Scofie said:

@techgrunt said:
    I think I might be missing some shards for May. I have an ascended spider woman and only received 1800 shards. Should I have received 2500 at least?

It depends on what your Spider Woman level is. If it's 451 you got the "right" amount.

I have an ascended Spiderwoman at 451 and got one cover and zero shards. Should I have got more?

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker

@Borstock said:
    I encountered her in the PvP. The roster I attacked was stronger than mine, so I expected to lose, but I wanted to see how often she dodged.

Often. She dodged often. I fear she will be most annoying.

Stun before nuking! (assuming stunning stops the dodging ... could be a Doc Ock type of ability and she just keeps dodging ... I sure hope not!)

When she shows up on a high-level PvE node, brace of tidal wave of complaints :D

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor

@Ptahhotep said:

@Scofie said:

@techgrunt said:
    I think I might be missing some shards for May. I have an ascended spider woman and only received 1800 shards. Should I have received 2500 at least?

It depends on what your Spider Woman level is. If it's 451 you got the "right" amount.

I have an ascended Spiderwoman at 451 and got one cover and zero shards. Should I have got more?

A maxed 4 star SpiderWoman would have netted 6 covers (including shards). But the way they worked the retro rewards, you don't get that if you Ascended right away. 290 is safe.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards

At first I couldn’t understand why Spuder-woman fed Spider-girl exactly, since Jessica Drew has nothing to do with the rest of the spider characters really.

But Spider-Girl is kind of like the version of Spider-woman you want to use.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 1 June 2024, 09:21

@Ptahhotep said:

@Scofie said:

@techgrunt said:

Sorry, I think that should have said 452. It's a bit different for double feeders which give the second feeder at 451 and then the 1800 shards at 452. I thought they may have got to the 6 primary covers earlier in the process given the limitations of the engineering but it looks like the primary gets a primary cover at 451 and keeps the 1800 shards at 452. I haven't ascended her but might be worth looking at her ascended champ rewards before they revert to the standard ones.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards

I wish we knew if there was a CP Fan Favorites store coming, or not.

But then that's how the game typically operates.....not telling you things like that upfront.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker

For the 1 other person who might be wondering "does she dodge team damage, like Deathlockes black", yes, yes she does. So that's good.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards

I’ve found her pretty useless. Could have been mega with a decent attack but I’ve been fine even against large boosted ones leaving her alone and finish her with a stun.

• WhiteBomber

@Tony_Foot said:
    I’ve found her pretty useless. Could have been mega with a decent attack but I’ve been fine even against large boosted ones leaving her alone and finish her with a stun.

I was expecting her to be mostly niche or for fun only also. If they gave her a 2nd good ability I'd say maybe. I've fought some high level but none champed yet, but she doesn't win matches in my experience, yet. I do like dodging DLocke though since his black is always "throw at high risk of messing up your own team, especially when ascended".

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker

@WhiteBomber said:
    For the 1 other person who might be wondering "does she dodge team damage, like Deathlockes black", yes, yes she does. So that's good.

I suppose that includes whales.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

If Spider-Man BIB was updated to actually do some damage with his blue, I would have a really nice blue kill team with him, Bishop, and Mayday.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    edited 9 June 2024, 03:10

@WhiteBomber said:

@Tony_Foot said:

I was expecting her to be mostly niche or for fun only also. If they gave her a 2nd good ability I'd say maybe. I've fought some high level but none champed yet, but she doesn't win matches in my experience, yet. I do like dodging DLocke though since his black is always "throw at high risk of messing up your own team, especially when ascended".

I'm still tinkering around with her, got her at lvl 455 5/3/5 currently. A couple few things I've experienced so far..I've only fought against a few and she's def annoying but very beatable. Tried my luck against some max champed or close to and got waxed, but that was more due to the partner than May. My defense is winning around 30%. Thing I like most about her is you are still in the match until she's down. Could be 3 on 1 and you got a good chance to win still. Granted you need to manage the number of protect tiles to max your dodge chances while also making sure to not self destruct. But you have the chance and not many characters can do that.

Edit: this boost week also seems set up perfectly for her and the dodge ability. AC, Juggs, Ghostpool, mbaku and I'm sure I'm missing some others all deal huge damage one way or another. A different boost list and it might be a different take on her.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards

She's bottom tier for me. Her dodge is annoying. Her protects are annoying and slow down the game. But I always left her for last and she never really posed a problem, even the couple of 672s I faced.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Seems unnecessarily complicated for not doing very much.

At least Green Goblin is in the release store, can quickly finish his last 3 covers needed to champ.

Edit: upon further review, GG needs 4 covers, not 3.

I think my initial assessment was correct. I want her to be good and she's right on the cusp, but she falls short.

• WhiteBomber

Yeah, cool concept, just unfortunate her 1 good ability isn't enough to carry her. Maybe chalk her up to: ok with revivers and SAP buffers (as long as they are team damage or she is tanking everything).