Which major villain would you like to see as a playable character?

Options

Comments

• VALACK
    VALACK Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited 8 February 2024, 04:19
    Options
    Galactus

Galactus or void(sentry)... is my wish... for at the start time of this game
    Or gladiator also good

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’ve been wanting a Purple Man who can turn enemies’ abilities against them. Like imagine an active ability for X purple AP that allows you to choose an enemy ability to fire (draining the enemy AP as if they fired it normally). Only instead of targeting your team it targets their own team. Probably would break the game with weird interactions ala chasm. But it’d be cool once the bugs were worked out. And then a passive that allows you to use the opponent’s team up ability against them as if it’s one of your own. Then maybe some sort of AP siphon or tile theft (the power of persuasion).

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Red Skull

There are so many villains I can think of that probably should be here, but the fact that Red Skull isn’t yet, to me, is a travesty.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other

@JoeHandle said:
    Playable ... Wizard, Leader, Enchantress, Hobgoblin, Lady Deathstrike.

Sentinels are minions. But they should be on another level. They should be seen as bigger threats, not used as speed bumps.

The rest should be bosses. One already is. If they have no capacity as protagonist, then they shouldn't be playable.

Master Mold or Nimrod would work as playable Sentinels.

• DAZ0273
    edited 8 February 2024, 09:54
    Options
    Other

@Daredevil217 said:
    I’ve been wanting a Purple Man who can turn enemies’ abilities against them. Like imagine an active ability for X purple AP that allows you to choose an enemy ability to fire (draining the enemy AP as if they fired it normally). Only instead of targeting your team it targets their own team. Probably would break the game with weird interactions ala chasm. But it’d be cool once the bugs were worked out. And then a passive that allows you to use the opponent’s team up ability against them as if it’s one of your own. Then maybe some sort of AP siphon or tile theft (the power of persuasion).

Purple Man is all sorts of problematic due to his past portrayals (here is his Pure Evil wiki entry https://pure-evil-villains.fandom.com/wiki/Purple_Man_(Marvel) and I would be surprised if he wasn't a bit much for a game that is now awash with Spider Dinosaurs and kittens. If you really wanted this power set might be better to use FF villain Puppet Master who does basically the same thing but was always a bit more '60s Marvel villain as opposed to all the sexual assaults, **** and torture stuff.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Erm Purple Man was literally one of the options they listed in the character poll last week. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/89794/new-character-poll

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Galactus

Would like to see playable Galactus, and see how he can match up with Apocalypse.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    Erm Purple Man was literally one of the options they listed in the character poll last week. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/89794/new-character-poll

I probably should’ve voted lol. But that also means that he’d probably be a 4*, meaning I’d get to use him in 20 years when he’s ascended.

• DAZ0273
    edited 8 February 2024, 12:26
    Options
    Other

@BlackBoltRocks said:

Wow, didn't realise that.

I am pretty surprised given the way the character releases have been going, I guess they figure nobody minds all the very icky stuff which is not very Disney.

Purple Man it is then!

Edit: Thinking about this I'm not sure how I feel about a playable Purple Man. Obviously the MPQ version is going to be cartoon super villain like but it is a little bit difficult to get past how much writers leaned into the VERY bad stuff with PM to the point where I am not sure I want to use him myself. I guess if we do get him then they will think very carefully how to use him to distance him from all the vile background stuff.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hobgoblin

Purple Man would be an excellent character to design to counter Dr. Thor.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 February 2024, 15:05
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@BlackBoltRocks said:

I am pretty surprised given the way the character releases have been going, I guess they figure nobody minds all the very icky stuff which is not very Disney.

Purple Man it is then!

Edit: Thinking about this I'm not sure how I feel about a playable Purple Man. Obviously the MPQ version is going to be cartoon super villain like but it is a little bit difficult to get past how much writers leaned into the VERY bad stuff with PM to the point where I am not sure I want to use him myself. I guess if we do get him then they will think very carefully how to use him to distance him from all the vile background stuff.

I mean, if they were gonna exclude villains based on how reprehensible the things they've done are we probably shouldn't have sabretooth or daken in game either.

• DAZ0273
    edited 8 February 2024, 15:31
    Options
    Other

@BriMan2222 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@BlackBoltRocks said:

Purple Man it is then!

I mean, if they were gonna exclude villains based on how reprehensible the things they've done are we probably shouldn't have sabretooth or daken in game either.

True. I guess Purple Man is just a bit more r.ape-y than they tend to be.

Edit: And to clarify that shouldn't exclude him from being in the game because lots of villains have done terrible things this is true, it just dulls MY enthusiasm for having him on my side. If he shows up I am sure it will all be fine.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other

I'm also still waiting on Mojo.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hobgoblin

There's gotta be a Purple Man who isn't specifically that version of awful. Maybe from a cartoon or something? They could probably just use that one and get away with it.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Mandarin

I only skimmed the options before voting, I didn't see that The Leader was an option.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Red Skull

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I'm also still waiting on Mojo.

And Spiral!

• T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options

I would love to see a playable God Emperor Doom.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Red Skull

@Borstock said:
    There's gotta be a Purple Man who isn't specifically that version of awful. Maybe from a cartoon or something? They could probably just use that one and get away with it.

They could just do the one from Jessica Jones season 1 and call him Kilgrave instead of Purple Man.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other

@bigjojo04 said:

@Borstock said:

They could just do the one from Jessica Jones season 1 and call him Kilgrave instead of Purple Man.

The gross stuff was pretty implied in that season as I recall, I'm not sure there is a way around it given that dude's whole deal. But maybe they could give him a symbiote or make him a purple dinosaur and just create a new version that doesn't have that in his backstory.

• DAZ0273
    Options
    Other

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@bigjojo04 said:

@Borstock said:

The gross stuff was pretty implied in that season as I recall, I'm not sure there is a way around it given that dude's whole deal. But maybe they could give him a symbiote or make him a purple dinosaur and just create a new version that doesn't have that in his backstory.

Purple Dinosaur - that would just be Barney, right?

Yeah, PM/Killgrave is just gross, no getting away from it and his powers whilst intriguing in an MPQ sense were always doomed to go to the darkest places even in super hero comics. I dunno what the answer is with this guy but obviously the Devs have a version they are comfortable with to even put him in that poll.