Which major villain would you like to see as a playable character?

Options
13»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 9 February 2024, 14:44
    Options
    Other

@DAZ0273 said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@bigjojo04 said:

@Borstock said:
    There's gotta be a Purple Man who isn't specifically that version of awful. Maybe from a cartoon or something? They could probably just use that one and get away with it.

They could just do the one from Jessica Jones season 1 and call him Kilgrave instead of Purple Man.

The gross stuff was pretty implied in that season as I recall, I'm not sure there is a way around it given that dude's whole deal. But maybe they could give him a symbiote or make him a purple dinosaur and just create a new version that doesn't have that in his backstory.

Purple Dinosaur - that would just be Barney, right?

Pretty much, yeah. Or maybe Grimace, though he is technically a giant spider like Shelob. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97YXbNaAyzA

• CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Galactus

Galactus, just because

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not only do I want a 5* Purple Man, I want 3* Purple Children.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other

Purple Girl (Kara Killgrave) was a member of Alpha Flight so there is your 3* version.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Red Skull

I'd love to see Red Skull with special Hydra tiles

I'm still waiting for some crazy Mojo PvE event!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,424 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other

Shocker, Jigsaw, Mojo, Spiral, Wrecking Crew, Hobgoblin, et al. There is a huge list of enemies that we could get.

Honestly I don’t care who we get I just care about mechanics and what is fun.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Red Skull

Red Skull. And the Old Man Logan version.

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The Leader

Honestly on the topic of Purple Man. There is quite possibly an actual 5 star Symbiote Purple Man. Apparently it's the premise to the newest Venom series. So 3 star Purple Man, 5 star Symbiote does work. Just depends whether they do anything with this new "Purple King" they keep mentioning.

I get people aren't a fan of 5 star Symbiotes but I'm atleast waiting to see if they do something cool with the design. Or whether the writing for it is good.

• bale_79
    bale_79 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Red Skull

No matter what Red Skull should have been playable since this game came out more than 10 yrs.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hobgoblin

Red Skull is tough. He's basically das fuhrer. Certainly makes him problematic.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 9 February 2024, 20:41
    Options

@Borstock said:

He's in every other marvel mobile game though. I thought maybe they decided later he was problematic and weren't allowing him in newer games and mpq missed the cut off before he was no longer allowed, but then he's in the new marvel snap game that just came out last year.

So I have no idea what's keeping him out of this one particular marvel mobile game. Maybe just because he hasn't been in anything recent that they could use him as a promotional character. Captain America's biggest foe certainly seems like he should be a lock for a roster slot.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lady Deathstrike

@Borstock said:

I think it makes him a problem if he's not got "Evil super villain" written in his bio. He is certainly relevant to his time but I don't think he's a going to be a gateway to the extreme far right for thousands of MPQ players. There is an argument that by recognizing history we should ensure such things never happen again. If we pretend bad things don't happen it's often too late to recognize it and stop them when they do. He'd need to be added sensitive to that context I think.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other

Probably best way to do Red Skull is to give him his big goofy Sleeper Robots and an evil mastermind sort of power and keep it as 60s Marvel as possible.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hobgoblin

@BriMan2222 said:

@Borstock said:

He's in every other marvel mobile game though. I thought maybe they decided later he was problematic and weren't allowing him in newer games and mpq missed the cut off before he was no longer allowed, but then he's in the new marvel snap game that just came out last year.

So I have no idea what's keeping him out of this one particular marvel mobile game. Maybe just because he hasn't been in anything recent that they could use him as a promotional character. Captain America's biggest foe certainly seems like he should be a lock for a roster slot.

I have no idea what's keeping him out, either. And I assume all the other games agree with your assessment for why he can be in their games. But seriously, what else could it possibly be? Is there any other justification for his absence at this point? I can't think of one.