Which major villain would you like to see as a playable character?

Options
fight4thedream
fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards

Although we have most of the major heroes and anti-heroes in the game, remarkably there is still a treasure trove of wonderfully wicked villains and archenemies ready to crash the party and shake things up in the MPQ meta. So I am curious which villain the forum community is most interested in seeing as a playable character.

Personally, I would love to see Galactus introduced as the first 6* but that's just me. Who would you like to see make their MPQ debut?

Which major villain would you like to see as a playable character? 74 votes

Annihilus
5%
658_2TimemachinegoumitchOhDenny 4 votes
Dormammu
8%
turbomooseEd_DragonriderEienRyuumani82JinxCarnage1484 6 votes
Enchantress
8%
DeNappaaziraphalerevskipTenebraeskittledaddyOldman 6 votes
Galactus
10%
fight4thedreamCHRISJNHistamielFirst311Godzillafan67VALACKCoxLargoTpsimoes 8 votes
Hobgoblin
8%
mega ghostBorstockJoe4521DomitronasThe_dogmaamberdrake2002 6 votes
Lady Deathstrike
10%
killercoolGrimSkaldScofieProfShoehornsamael64GrizwaldGymp28Brie 8 votes
The Leader
8%
bluewolfMegaBeeVenomousMr_FDrCleverPndes76 6 votes
The Mandarin
6%
MoosePrimethechairmanDomsouth04kuntilanakAJblueICE 5 votes
Red Skull
22%
Punisher5784Codexbonny79Alfje17Tiger_WongpezseEagledaveSt_BernadusBzhaiHelinutzMgoBlue51BobdvolJoeHandlemeadowsweetbigjojo04Adric1123bale_79 17 votes
Other
10%
rainkingucdKGBDAZ0273PtahhotepThaRoadWarriorNMANOZ1dianeticsSuperCarrot 8 votes

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other

Avalanche & Pyro (a la Cloak and Dagger) from X-Men '97

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other

Playable Sentinel would be cool

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Other

Mole Man

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Red Skull

I picked Red Skull but they're all classics that should be brought to life on our screens.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other

Annihilus would be great - he, Red Skull and Dormanmu would make great Boss Events. I guess we would want them to be 5* so it comes down to a good 5/3 pairing that isn't forced or trite. Hobgoblin would work well with Jason McEndale being the 3*. In the end though I went other for Mojo.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,976 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other

I want Mephisto since he's already in the Hearts of Darkness PvE.

KGB

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Galactus

Galactus so that, every time I win, I can proclaim, "You're supposed to lose".

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Red Skull

Love Galactus, but I don't think he should be playable and Red Skull should have been in the game already!

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lady Deathstrike

I'm just going to put this out there - I really don't think we should have any playable Nazis in the game. We're having enough issues in real life, thank you.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Enchantress

Galactus should remain a non-playable boss.
    Dormammu should be the same.
    The rest all deserve to be playable characters. Some as 4s, some as 3/5s.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Enchantress

My answer would be all of them should be in the game with a couple of the cosmics retained as boss only. Galactus stays a boss, Dormammu and maybe Red Skull just to head off complaints about him as a usable character should be added in as bosses and I'd love to see the rest get added as playable. Marvel has so many great villains that haven't made it in yet.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 7 February 2024, 19:13
    Options
    Enchantress

Voted Enchantress, but my signature has some more cool villains.

Both Maximus and Exodus could be very powerful (Maximus is overdue, I feel, too).

Orrgo could technically be a villain since he was an antagonist before joining the Howling Commandos, but, that was 'reckless youth':

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,424 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other

Tombstone

If you don't agree you are wrong.

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Red Skull

Red skull and then dormammu. Seriously, how is the final bad guy from dr. strange #1 not in it, but the random cameo bad guy from #2 (gargantos) is? And everyone knows red skull should have been in the game already.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Playable Sentinel would be cool

YES
    Sentinel please.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    edited 8 February 2024, 22:42
    Options
    Red Skull

Playable ... Wizard, Leader, Enchantress, Hobgoblin, Lady Deathstrike.

Sentinels are minions. But they should be on another level. They should be seen as bigger threats, not used as speed bumps ... everyday ... in 2* ddq ...

The rest should be bosses. One already is. If they have no capacity as protagonist, then they shouldn't be playable.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 February 2024, 01:55
    Options
    Hobgoblin

I chose Hobgoblin because I want every goblin in the game; Hobgoblin, Gray Goblin, the Goblin Queen, the Goblin King, Demogoblin, Ultimate Green Goblin, etc....

Then I want a new Boss Event where you have to use Spiders to run the gauntlet of Goblins.

A little pie in the sky, but I would love it.

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The Leader

@dianetics said:
    Tombstone

If you don't agree you are wrong.

Honestly know what would be an awesome idea for a character? What if we got 3 star/5 star Beetle and then 4 star Tombstone. But deliberately made it so Tombstone feeds his 5 star daughter.

Regardless, I would love Tombstone too. Kit wise he would be so unique I feel. Imagine someone who manages to make protect tiles somehow even more broken. Like at the start of every turn, he fortifies friendly protect tiles. Or just makes it so matching them doesn't destroy them or something insane like that.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,032 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:
    I chose Hobgoblin because I want every goblin in the game; Hobgoblin, Gray Goblin, the Goblin Queen, the Goblin King, Demogoblin, Ultimate Green Goblin, etc....

Then I want a new Boss Event where you have to use Spiders to run the gauntlet of Goblins.

A little pie in the sky, but I would love it.

Goblin Queen is a villain in the upcoming reboot of the xmen animated series, so I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up soon.

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Other

I will take any of them actually…but in my heart