Comments

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited 31 January 2024, 07:33
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    I was also confused with the blue's
    8/10/12/12/19 ➡️13/14.5/16/16/27
    because the power description has it at 6154.

It's a ratio. Imagine that instead of 19 damage at 5 covers level it will deal 27. As someone else noted, that is 42% damage increase. This will be true for any lvl 5* Strange, i.e. at any level, the blue at 5 covers will deal 42% more damage per turn than it currently does at that same level.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:

Exactly. No idea how they are related...

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's interesting that the Eye of Agamotto is still tied to an object on the board. I'm glad they made it a passive - that was the most ridiculous "signature" power out there, even when you put it out it was still often too slow to be practical. At least now it has a chance to deal with enemy specials.

This looks like a solid rework - nothing awe inspiring but brings Strange up to somewhere in the "use when boosted" class, which honestly is where most of the 5* tier should be.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd like to try him when it goes live, see how it all feels.

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    edited 31 January 2024, 15:52
    Options

@S0kun said:

(PASSIVE) By Agamotto’s all-revealing light — let the eye see through your plans with mystic sight! At the start of the turn, if one does not exist, create a colorless Eye of Agamotto tile. This tile activates each turn, removing a random enemy Strike, Attack, Protect, Invisibility, or Trap tile. The Eye cannot be matched and doesn’t fall. If no enemy tiles exist, instead gain 1 Blue and 1 Yellow AP.

Big question - does MThor passive take it out? Really hoping not as that pretty much ruins this for PvP.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Rod5 said:

@S0kun said:

(PASSIVE) By Agamotto’s all-revealing light — let the eye see through your plans with mystic sight! At the start of the turn, if one does not exist, create a colorless Eye of Agamotto tile. This tile activates each turn, removing a random enemy Strike, Attack, Protect, Invisibility, or Trap tile. The Eye cannot be matched and doesn’t fall. If no enemy tiles exist, instead gain 1 Blue and 1 Yellow AP.

Big question - does MThor passive take it out? Really hoping not as that pretty much ruins this for PvP.

If she takes it out, won't he just immediately recreate it? The question is whether it ticks immediately after creating, or if it waits till the next turn.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Ideally, Flames of Faltine passive will put a major dent in mThor spamming red & blue powers from obscene cascades.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,975 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 31 January 2024, 17:26
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    Blue: Definitely a nerf all around to his best power. The stun is one less turn. The damage at 550 is 6100 whereas it was 13798 before. If they were going to make this a fragile one turn countdown, make there be a huge penalty if the enemy destroys it (so it punishes Thor).

Don't forget the AP cost went from 9 to 6. So it's 1/3 less stun time (2 v 3) for 1/3 less cost (6 vs 9). The damage reduction also takes that 1/3 less cost into count. Having the stun available sooner is more valuable to me esp since it also drains enemy AP.

Not sure why you are worried about Thor destroying the countdown when presumably she will be the one you are stunning.

As for Purple, I wish they had added some affect vs the newer powers in the game (away, airborne, locked) like say unlocking one of your locked SAPs per turn or letting Strange strike 'away' characters etc at 5 covers.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    Options

9 to 6 AP is an absolutely huge cost reduction in this game.

• Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 154 Tile Toppler
    Options

@S0kun said:

@kuntilanak said:
    Also, I can never understand this 8/10/12/12/19 ➡️13/14.5/16/16/27 thing... :p

Ranks 1/2/3/4/5 stats

I 2nd the other comments. We get the scale based on rank part, but we have no frame of reference for what "27" means. Why a ratio like that instead of just giving us a number as it appears in game?

I get it if the numbers are just to big to list & don't mean it to sound like a complaint! We just don't know how the math is coded!

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    edited 1 February 2024, 08:32
    Options

@kuntilanak said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

Exactly. No idea how they are related...

Some of these stats were lost in translation. TLDR the numbers are a base stat from a backend calculation that gets plugged into a formula that yields the final numbers across all the different levels. Apologies for the confusion! I'll be updating the thread once I get the numbers finalized.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 31 January 2024, 22:35
    Options

Not sure this will change how often I use him, but it corrects a few of the obvious deficiencies, I guess.

Feels like another instance where the buff just makes harder the random PvE nodes where the character pops up.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Not sure this will change how often I use him, but it corrects a few of the obvious deficiencies, I guess.

Feels like another instance where the buff just makes harder the random PvE nodes where the character pops up.

My sentiment as well. Looking back, most of the characters getting rebalanced (read: buff) are those often popping up in PVE hard(er) nodes (i see you, Kingpin) and now they are a nuisance to deal with.

• entrailbucket
    Options

I'll use him when he's boosted, and he's going to be pretty good when he's boosted. He'll ride the bench like everyone else until it's his week.

I have Dr Strange at 550 and currently he's completely unplayable in every situation, including when he's boosted to 672. This buff makes him playable during that week. Do you really want them to make more Thors?

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well Thor isn’t the original Thor. Before her there was Shang. And before him Okoye. And before her… other Thor.

Glass cannons that do tons of damage and accelerate self/others but are super easy to beat… based on the history of this game and the fan favorite stores, I’d say yeah, people probably want (and will likely get at some point) another “Thor”. A very very small minority will cry nerf and complain about new Thor a ton and it will be lovely. Until of course we get new new Thor where the cycle will again repeat itself.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    9 to 6 AP is an absolutely huge cost reduction in this game.

Now that he’s live I think he looks really good. I was indeed misreading the stats. I thought you got a two turn stun and it was always a one turn CD (meaning damage would’ve hit once the way I was reading it). Now that I know the CD is also two turns, I really like this at 6 AP. Especially with the self battery. It’ll be getting proced much more often.

I love that they slipped new strange in today’s challenge node. Definitely a surprise!

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I'll use him when he's boosted, and he's going to be pretty good when he's boosted. He'll ride the bench like everyone else until it's his week.

I have Dr Strange at 550 and currently he's completely unplayable in every situation, including when he's boosted to 672. This buff makes him playable during that week. Do you really want them to make more Thors?

Dr. Thor is my favorite character in the game. So, yes. I'd be fine with that.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

Dr. Thor is my favorite character in the game. So, yes. I'd be fine with that.

A good boost week for you!