Character Rebalance - Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme) 5*

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
edited 1 February 2024, 17:52 in MPQ General Discussion

Ahead of the Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme) rebalance on Thursday February 1st, here's a new version of the character info page that relays his rebalances at 550. Enjoy!

Health & Match Damage

Feeder Chart

Abilities

Ability: Crimson Bands of Cyttorak
Color: Blue
AP Cost: 6

By Cyttorak’s seventh crimson band — let this brilliant whip ensnare your hand! Converts a chosen basic tile into a 1-turn Countdown tile, then stuns the target for 1 turns. The tile destroys 3 enemy AP of its color and deals 6154 damage each turn.​

REBALANCES
AP Cost
9 ➡️ 6

Level 550: Rank 1/2/3/4/5
Reduce Stun Length
2/2/2/3/3 ➡️ 1/1/1/2/2

Increase Damage
3873 / 4841 / 8714 / 8714 / 13798➡️5003 / 5603 / 6154 / 6154 / 10406

Ability: Eye of Agamotto
Color: Purple
AP Cost: 0

(PASSIVE) By Agamotto’s all-revealing light — let the eye see through your plans with mystic sight! At the start of the turn, if one does not exist, create a colorless Eye of Agamotto tile. This tile activates each turn, removing a random enemy Strike, Attack, Protect, Invisibility, or Trap tile. The Eye cannot be matched and doesn’t fall. If no enemy tiles exist, instead gain 1 Blue and 1 Yellow AP.

REBALANCES
AP Cost
11 ➡️ 0 (PASSIVE)
Ability text changed.

Ability: Flames of Faltine
Color: Yellow
AP Cost: 10

By the Flawless Faltine’s flame — let the power you possess strike you the same! Deals 39367 damage and heals the team for 7872 burst health.

(PASSIVE) Whenever an enemy fires a power, deal 20704 damage to the target.

REBALANCES
Adjust Function (ACTIVE)
Deals 39367 damage and heals the team for 7872 burst health. (Level 5)

Level 550: Rank 1/2/3/4/5
Add Team Healing
4714 / 5280 / 5751 / 6552 / 7872

Adjust Damage (ACTIVE)
13315 / 15978 / 18641 / 23967 / 34619 ➡️ 21165 / 23070 / 24975 / 29843 / 39367

Adjust Damage (PASSIVE)
4842 / 5810 / 6779 / 8716 / 12589 ➡️ 11502  / 12652 / 13802 / 16103 / 20704

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,975 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 30 January 2024, 22:11
    Options

The damage numbers are all wrong obviously.

I'm just going to assume they are a percentage so for his Blue at 5 covers (19->27) I'll presume it now does 45% more damage (19*1.45=28)

8/10/12/12/19 ➡️13/14.5/16/16/27

Purple looks vastly better now that it's a passive and that it generates AP for his Blue and Yellow if there are no enemy tiles. He can actually deal with the mindless ones now.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Pretty much an across the board buff -- he does all the same stuff, just does it for cheaper and hits harder. That, combined with the health and match damage changes will make him playable when boosted.

No need to reinvent the wheel on some of these guys.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited 30 January 2024, 22:17
    Options

I am looking at this and it all just seems needlessly complicated to read. What does

AP Cost
    9 ➡️ 6 (PASSIVE)

mean?

Is the blue getting some kind of a passive?

Why is the yellow active description 1 for 1 although it says rebalance? And the rebalanced part doesn't even say passive so does the yellow not have a passive part anymore? Am I missing something here?

By the Flawless Faltine’s flame — let the power you possess strike you the same! Deals 39367 damage and heals the team for 7872 burst health.

REBALANCES
    Adjust Function (ACTIVE)

On top of that currently yellow costs 14 AP and here it says 10, but it doesn't specify that the cost was reduced?

Ability: Flames of Faltine
    Color: Yellow
    AP Cost: 10

• KGB
    edited 30 January 2024, 22:17
    Options

@Domitronas said:
    I am looking at this and it all just seems needlessly complicated to read. What does

AP Cost
    9 ➡️ 6 (PASSIVE) mean?

Is the blue getting some kind of a passive?

Why is the yellow active description 1 for 1 although it says rebalance? And the rebalanced part doesn't even say passive so does the yellow not have a passive part anymore? Am I missing something here?

REBALANCES
    Adjust Function (ACTIVE)

The Yellow power clearly says:

"(PASSIVE) Whenever an enemy fires a power, deal 20704 damage to the target."

Also, the cost of firing the active part was reduced to 10 AP (was a ridiculous 13 or 14 before).

The (PASSIVE) on the Blue is a bit of a misnomer (other than the damage each turn while stunned). The

9 ➡️ 6 (PASSIVE) mean?

mean cost got reduced to 6 AP to cast. At the same time the stun was reduced by the same 1/3 (3 to 2 turns).

KGB

• S0kun
    Options

" 9 ➡️ 6 (PASSIVE)" is a typo. Strange's Blue should cost 6AP so I've fixed it.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Looks pretty good to me.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    Options

Better I was hoping for a bit more interaction with wong and clea but it's better than he was.
    I do keep coming back to bcs saying that 3's and 5's would be substantially different to warrant the 3 and 5 distinction when I'm not sure they are

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Okay so if the other team has no special titles. I'm going to gain 1 blue and 1 yellow per turn. Seems way too powerful

Put him with beta and Polaris and wow. (Unless I'm wrong. What probably am lol )

• entrailbucket
    Options

@slidecage said:
    Okay so if the other team has no special titles. I'm going to gain 1 blue and 1 yellow per turn. Seems way too powerful

Put him with beta and Polaris and wow. (Unless I'm wrong. What probably am lol )

Eh, that's like the 15th or 20th best AP generating passive in the game now? It's a consolation prize -- better than nothing. At least the power does something when there's no enemy tiles on the board.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Really ... It just shows how long it's been since I really been playing this game

Is kahn. And Polaris. Still the best

What other passives give you free colors

Thanks

• killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited 30 January 2024, 23:49
    Options

Am I reading his purple correctly? There is no variation for the number of covers in purple? With the old version having 4 and 5 covers in purple were needed to add the invisibility and trap tile removal.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@KGB said:
    The damage numbers are all wrong obviously.

I'm just going to assume they are a percentage so for his Blue at 5 covers (19->27) I'll presume it now does 45% more damage (19*1.45=28)

KGB

Those numbers are probably base numbers that get multiplied by level somehow. So at rank 5, the new damage should be 27/19 * current damage. 27/19 = 1.42, so a 42% damage increase.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

@killercool said:
    Am I reading his purple correctly? There is no variation for the number of covers in purple? With the old version having 4 and 5 covers in purple were needed to add the invisibility and trap tile removal.

I have a feeling the descriptions will be similar to the old ones in terms of power level variation.

Overall looks good, just the burst heal is on active instead of passive. Hmm...

Also, I can never understand this 8/10/12/12/19 ➡️13/14.5/16/16/27 thing... :p

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Interesting!
    I like the passive, though presumably there is a bit more to it in full as the preview reads like it performs the same with 1 cover as 5.
    Crimson Bands preview seems a bit weird too - why would a 1 turn countdown do something "each turn" and nothing when it completes - but for 6 AP it should be a decent stun regardless.
    Only downside is I think he still won't scale particularly well when boosted, from those numbers - but then since he's getting better at control and generating AP, he doesn't need to be a heavy hitter too.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Let’s go!! Tiger likes the upgrades!

• S0kun
    Options

@kuntilanak said:
    Also, I can never understand this 8/10/12/12/19 ➡️13/14.5/16/16/27 thing... :p

Ranks 1/2/3/4/5 stats

• entrailbucket
    Options

Hey, I think his passive might hit hard enough to kill unboosted Thor before she can kill him, especially when he's boosted. I'm looking forward to giving that a shot.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

@TheVulture said:
    Interesting!
    I like the passive, though presumably there is a bit more to it in full as the preview reads like it performs the same with 1 cover as 5.
    Crimson Bands preview seems a bit weird too - why would a 1 turn countdown do something "each turn" and nothing when it completes - but for 6 AP it should be a decent stun regardless.
    Only downside is I think he still won't scale particularly well when boosted, from those numbers - but then since he's getting better at control and generating AP, he doesn't need to be a heavy hitter too.

The Passive gains tile types on levels, just as it does at current.
    Crimson Bands will deal the damage once on turn start when the CD goes off at 1 turn. But there are also abilities that will alter the number of turns of CDs, so if it's suddenly a 5 turn CD, it'll be dealing damage each turn.

• KGB
    edited 31 January 2024, 03:11
    Options

@slidecage said:
    Really ... It just shows how long it's been since I really been playing this game

Is kahn. And Polaris. Still the best

What other passives give you free colors

Thanks

There are 2 types: Conditional (requires something to happen) and non-conditional

Non-conditional
    Gambit
    Deathlok

Conditional
    5 star Thor
    4* Vulture
    BrB
    5* Hawkeye
    5* Dr Strange
    Hood
    3* Loki
    Valkrie
    4* Carol
    3* Switch
    Medusa
    3/5 Kang
    Numerous Web Tile users (eg 4* Miles Morales is one of many such characters)
    etc etc etc.

This is just off the top of my head. There are countless more.

KGB

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I was also confused with the blue's
    because the power description has it at 6154.