Who will be Rebalanced due to Champion 2.0?

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    A ton of 4* have passives that will break at the 5* level, and most of them are stuff we all forgot about -- Mockingbird is a good call. Did you remember what America Chavez's red passive does? What about Blade's passive? Ghost gets a 300% match damage boost -- higher than Colossus.

Want to be terrified? Go read M'Baku's powers and imagine that guy as a 5*. (Admit it, you forgot what he did).

Blade's passive still relies on AP generation so it can be managed/denied at least.

I definitely have no idea what M'Baku does but I also think probably unlike America Chavez most people wont have him at 370 let alone with a 270 dupe. So he might be one for the future. As soon as America Chavez is in a batch - there are gonna be 5* America Chavez.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My dupe Chavez is 349, so yep, day one.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I hope my MMR will protect me in so much as players at my level wont have an abundance of these ascended 4* because that is going to be next level terrifying. Her passive shoulder charge thing already can take down a 5* as it is.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options
    4* Deathlok

@Bowgentle said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:
    A ton of 4* have passives that will break at the 5* level, and most of them are stuff we all forgot about -- Mockingbird is a good call. Did you remember what America Chavez's red passive does? What about Blade's passive? Ghost gets a 300% match damage boost -- higher than Colossus.

Want to be terrified? Go read M'Baku's powers and imagine that guy as a 5*. (Admit it, you forgot what he did).

As long as we all ascend Polaris it will be just fine because when facing those teams you'll just run her with BRB, boost some blue and stunlock the offending character. That's what everyone in 4* land does now when facing Juggs (by far the most prominently used match damage boost character at +225% combined with 90% match damage reduction).

M'Baku, Talos etc look scary but aren't. What you are far more likely to see is endless ascended Polaris/Juggs teams with Grocket (don't even need to ascend him) in Shield Sim because his AoE passive combined with her strike generation (boosting his AOE) plus her own passive damage generation will just melt teams.

KGB

I don't know.
    Even a 475 Polaris will easily fall to Jane on offense.

Of course. That's the whole idea and exactly what we all want (Polaris to be nothing on defense).

My post was meant to say that when you are facing those characters which super boosted match damage (Colossus now, soon to be Juggs, Ghost, MBaku, Talos etc) that they won't be scary at all because with Polaris/BRB you can stun lock them on turn 2 if you boost blue. Heck, you can stun lock Jane on turn 2 on offense (I do it regularly) and she even helps you do it!

KGB

• mooken
    mooken Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

@Notwen said:
    2* Storm might be a terrific when ascended.

Bring back 2-storm Retaliation Battles

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@KGB said:

@Bowgentle said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

As long as we all ascend Polaris it will be just fine because when facing those teams you'll just run her with BRB, boost some blue and stunlock the offending character. That's what everyone in 4* land does now when facing Juggs (by far the most prominently used match damage boost character at +225% combined with 90% match damage reduction).

M'Baku, Talos etc look scary but aren't. What you are far more likely to see is endless ascended Polaris/Juggs teams with Grocket (don't even need to ascend him) in Shield Sim because his AoE passive combined with her strike generation (boosting his AOE) plus her own passive damage generation will just melt teams.

KGB

I don't know.

Of course. That's the whole idea and exactly what we all want (Polaris to be nothing on defense).

My post was meant to say that when you are facing those characters which super boosted match damage (Colossus now, soon to be Juggs, Ghost, MBaku, Talos etc) that they won't be scary at all because with Polaris/BRB you can stun lock them on turn 2 if you boost blue. Heck, you can stun lock Jane on turn 2 on offense (I do it regularly) and she even helps you do it!

KGB

I think the difference is that at the 5* tier, you're likely to be facing more than one character who would need to be stunlocked.

Also...we have a lot more teams who can deal with problematic characters in different ways, so Polaris probably won't take over the entire 5* game.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,322 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@mooken said:

@Notwen said:
    2* Storm might be a terrific when ascended.

Bring back 2-storm Retaliation Battles

Gonna ascend 2* Storm, 3* Hulk, and 3*Patch to HulkBomb and StormBomb as much as possible

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@Bowgentle said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

I don't know.

KGB

I think the difference is that at the 5* tier, you're likely to be facing more than one character who would need to be stunlocked.

Also...we have a lot more teams who can deal with problematic characters in different ways, so Polaris probably won't take over the entire 5* game.

Polaris doesn't worry me at all to be honest unless she all of a sudden has 90k health unboosted. There are a lot more 4* who are going to be a nightmare.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options
    4* Deathlok

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@Bowgentle said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

I don't know.

KGB

I think it's the opposite. There are potentially WAY more teams in 4* land that deal with problematic characters than in 5* land because there simply are way more characters in 4* land and there is a lot more characters with stun power available (stun as we all know, cure's what ails ya). She won't take over 5* land but she'll be a go-to character for handling anything problematic.

What I suspect happens is that suddenly there will be a LOT more viable teams after ascension simply because at least 20-30 characters in 4* land will bring some useful skills to 5* land (stuns, massive match damage, critical tile creation, web tile creation etc). I think we all more or less expect this.

But on the downside, a whole bunch of 5* are suddenly going to look like trash tier simply because 20-30 4* are going to pass them on the 5* rankings so that a character that was a decent mid tier at say 20ish is suddenly going to be 40 or 50ish or simply totally outclassed by the 4*. It's also going to lessen the thrill of newly released 5* characters too because now they complete with ascended 4* for attention (ie usefulness).

KGB

• entrailbucket
    Options

@KGB I don't disagree with any of that, except for the part where Polaris will be everyone's go to for everything. Maybe you were responding to someone else?

My prediction is that the metagame will look how it looks now -- boosted 5* will still run the show, except for a few characters that are usable unboosted. The difference is that now a bunch of current 4* will become boosted 5*.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It seems to me nobody still knows what Mbaku does when talking about stunlock, as he gains stun immunity :#

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Bad said:
    It seems to me nobody still knows what Mbaku does when talking about stunlock, as he gains stun immunity :#

See! I forgot too! This character is a memory eraser of some kind!

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Polaris

All of these combos are viable in the near future around level 450, but it will take players a very long time to get everyone to 550.

• Bad
    Options

Also according to what others calculated, it takes 1 million iso to ascend any character no matter rarity to just level 475.
    I can only ascend 11. After that it will happen a long time until next one.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Polaris

Here’s an ISO calculation:
    1-Star (13 covers): 16 x 28,420 = 454,720
    1-Star (10 covers): 16 x 18,720 = 299,520
    2-Star : 8 x 69,530 + 4 x 5,000 = 576,240
    3-Star: 4 x 170K + 2 x 7,500 = 695,000
    4-Star: 2 x 365K + 12,500 = 742,500

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Not going to lie, I never knew what he did. But my opinion stands that most of the 4*s are better and more interesting than the 5s except for health and match.

I think that's just a function of numbers. From any given pool of characters, some percentage of them will be well designed and fun. The best 5* characrerss are as interesting and fun as the best 4 *s. But there are, what, 3x as many 4 * characrers? Of course they offer more variety overall.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bad said:

Do you have a 370 Mbaku + 270 dupe?

• Bad
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bad said:

Do you have a 370 Mbaku + 270 dupe?

I'm not crazy so no.
    But I just remembered vague details.

• nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options

It's time for Hawkeye, Coulson, Gamora stunlock winfinite to come back.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Grocket

Gamora is so good; Deadliest Woman has a lot of trigger buddies now.