Who will be Rebalanced due to Champion 2.0?

Options

Comments

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options

In addition to Blob, Polaris and Rouge, there are a few other X-men that could be problematic. Dark Beast, 3* Magik and, my personal arch nemesis, 4* Jean Grey all seem like varying degrees of terrible, if ascended.

Cosmo and 3* Jeff seem like my sleeper candidates for targeted ascension once I figure out what any of this means.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Other (Comment below)

Everyone will be rebalanced as part of 2.0. The devs said it themselves. Ascended characters are not the same as a leveled up character. They even indicated that they use different scaling factors for different star ascensions. This is why the ascensions are rolling out in batches too.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I actually think this is going to make designing new characters a little more challenging. Nobody is going to get excited for new 4* or 5* characters with stuns unless they are better than the ones you can scale up from lower levels - Scarlet Witch will be terrifying. Maybe it might be a good thing in pushing the Devs to find news things to introduce.

I think it means a lot of character nerfs or revisions will have to happen for everyone because .1% of the population can leverage some devestating ascended 4* + 5* synergy.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,147 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    I actually think this is going to make designing new characters a little more challenging. Nobody is going to get excited for new 4* or 5* characters with stuns unless they are better than the ones you can scale up from lower levels - Scarlet Witch will be terrifying. Maybe it might be a good thing in pushing the Devs to find news things to introduce.

I think it means a lot of character nerfs or revisions will Hage to happen for everyone because .1% of the population can leverage some devestating ascended 4* + 5* synergy.

Do you think they'll act faster because of this? They let Chasm eat the entire game for, like, a whole year.

I do hope they change their strategy on this kind of stuff, but I doubt they actually will.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah just because they CAN change characters at different ascension levels it doesn't mean they'll be fast about it.
    Although maybe they have more time available for rebalances now that those huge changes are ready to go live.
    Time will tell.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Karnak, Peggy, jugg 4, cosmo, Colleen wing, Melinda, medusa, rogue, ant man, blob, shehulk 4, Mbaku, chavez, gwen4 and silk could be dangerous 5* although the usual chance is everyone having only 1 dupe for Chavez, Polaris or Peggy.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,797 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why Cosmo? Because of his blue?

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,740 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why would they act fast on 4* re-balances in the 5* tier? It's going to affect such a small amount of people, it's not going to be anything like as vocal as a chasm or bishop where everyone was suffering.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Cosmo has many AOE and a good kit for to play either with mthor or a brolaris team.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

Classic Storm in the 2* world
    IM40 in the 3* world
    Peggy in the 4* world

A 550 IM40/Peggy would bring back some fun days for me. Loved running that when she first came out.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Options

The obvious ones have been mentioned... But

With the way AI hits cascades...

Mockingbird having 5* health could make her a threat due to opportunist.

Not the most obvious one, but could lead to rebalance if free 5* power activation gets out of hand.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Blackstone said:
    The obvious ones have been mentioned... But

With the way AI hits cascades...

Mockingbird having 5* health could make her a threat due to opportunist.

Not the most obvious one, but could lead to rebalance if free 5* power activation gets out of hand.

This is a good point. There are many characters that have meaningfully irritating passives for defense, but just aren't viable in pvp currently because of their low healthpools.

As we can see from challenge nodes, some characters that are straight up **** at their natural levels become quite difficult to fight when boosted to 550 or higher.

Mockingbird's passive is the kind of thing I am thinking of, or 4* JG against SC teams. Also carbage + an ascended kraven a la the wakanda pve.

Not many will be able to get those characrers up to the 500+ level where they will become scary defensively, but i would expect the elder game defensive meta to see some changes along these lines.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options
    4* Grocket

Nightcrawler is going to be fun to use at 5* scale. I’m curious what Nico will do compared to Kitty, and whether Kraven will work well enough to run with Carbage. Also domino is a great battery on black…I don’t k ow I think this’ll be a lot of fun.

• entrailbucket
    edited September 2023
    Options

A ton of 4* have passives that will break at the 5* level, and most of them are stuff we all forgot about -- Mockingbird is a good call. Did you remember what America Chavez's red passive does? What about Blade's passive? Ghost gets a 300% match damage boost -- higher than Colossus.

Want to be terrified? Go read M'Baku's powers and imagine that guy as a 5*. (Admit it, you forgot what he did).

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options
    4* Grocket

Not going to lie, I never knew what he did. But my opinion stands that most of the 4*s are better and more interesting than the 5s except for health and match.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options

16 AP and another 100% match damage

Talos can get up to 585% match damage and just needs 15 more AP across any color, can stun the whole team for 2 turns and target for 4 for 7 AP, and steals 2 AP from who he's shapeshifted into's top 3 colors when you match those. One of the worst characters ever got an update and is now getting another one 🤷‍♂️

• entrailbucket
    Options

All these match damage bonuses are about to get nuts, and that's just one category of completely goofy passives that a bunch of 4* have.

I didn't even remember Talos had that, and I JUST specifically went to look for goofy passives that I forgot about! Most of these had zero value for us ever, because 4* match damage hasn't mattered in about 8 years.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,042 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options
    4* Deathlok

@entrailbucket said:
    A ton of 4* have passives that will break at the 5* level, and most of them are stuff we all forgot about -- Mockingbird is a good call. Did you remember what America Chavez's red passive does? What about Blade's passive? Ghost gets a 300% match damage boost -- higher than Colossus.

Want to be terrified? Go read M'Baku's powers and imagine that guy as a 5*. (Admit it, you forgot what he did).

As long as we all ascend Polaris it will be just fine because when facing those teams you'll just run her with BRB, boost some blue and stunlock the offending character. That's what everyone in 4* land does now when facing Juggs (by far the most prominently used match damage boost character at +225% combined with 90% match damage reduction).

M'Baku, Talos etc look scary but aren't. What you are far more likely to see is endless ascended Polaris/Juggs teams with Grocket (don't even need to ascend him) in Shield Sim because his AoE passive combined with her strike generation (boosting his AOE) plus her own passive damage generation will just melt teams.

KGB

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4* Polaris

I don't think these passives which increase match damage will remain with the same percentages when moving to 5-star. They were meant to allow 4's to tank against 5's. Among other things. Or so I choose to believe. :) With increased base match damage at 5-star level, I expect them to be adjusted.
    If it turns out to be the case, I'm actually curious to see how exactly. It could allow us a glimpse into how the famous (infamous in some cases?) powers budget works... :)

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

As long as we all ascend Polaris it will be just fine because when facing those teams you'll just run her with BRB, boost some blue and stunlock the offending character. That's what everyone in 4* land does now when facing Juggs (by far the most prominently used match damage boost character at +225% combined with 90% match damage reduction).

M'Baku, Talos etc look scary but aren't. What you are far more likely to see is endless ascended Polaris/Juggs teams with Grocket (don't even need to ascend him) in Shield Sim because his AoE passive combined with her strike generation (boosting his AOE) plus her own passive damage generation will just melt teams.

KGB

I don't know.
    Even a 475 Polaris will easily fall to Jane on offense.