Upcoming Boss Event Info - High Evolutionary (Evolutionary Hayhem) Standard / Heroic

Options
124»

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Kwahder said:
    Midnight? Luxury. It was 5pm/5am here. It needs changing, but short of being able to choose our own start times, I can’t see how to do it without affecting someone.

Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and lick the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

Gravel?! Luxury!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Kwahder said:
    Midnight? Luxury. It was 5pm/5am here. It needs changing, but short of being able to choose our own start times, I can’t see how to do it without affecting someone.

Luxury? I'll gladly trade the 5pm/5am with you to better fit my work schedule.

Since there are Round Rewards for alliance placement, they could add SCL and time-slices to Heroic Boss. There are no rounds. The difficulty and points are based at the choice SCL with 12hr refreshes.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    You know there are more timezones than EST, right?

You know most of the timeslice complaints come from EST, right? Look at every previous Q&A asking about time-slices, they're from EST

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:
    You know there are more timezones than EST, right?

You know most of the timeslice complaints come from EST, right? Look at every previous Q&A asking about time-slices, they're from EST

Because they're from you 🤣
    But seriously, every time slice sucks for all of us.
    Just some are better at making them work for them.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think wherever you are there will be a problem fitting in a game around life. There is an arbitrary start time which doesn’t change and and end time that doesn't change. The event is always 84 hours. There are limited numbers of options to make it easily divisible and isn't hard for someone due to timing and time zones.

As an example, if it were 10 hours, it still leaves a 1am - 5am slot for UK-based players. I can't see a point where that is "fair" on UK-based alliances. 12 hours is fairly reasonable since it gives most people an opportunity to play at some point. Maybe not optimally, or perfectly, but it is impossible to find something that will suit everyone, because real life exists.