Upcoming Boss Event Info - High Evolutionary (Evolutionary Hayhem) Standard / Heroic

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

@JimboJambo said:

As for the 12hr reset, again the EST is screwed. Event opens at Noon, but I cannot do the next set until Midnight. 10hrs would had been more reasonable.

I'm not sure I understand this. You have between midnight and noon to do the next set so that's a big window to complete it. Are you saying you always want to be able to play as soon as the reset happens? In the UK the 8-hour reset happens at 1am so I just make sure I fit in some time to play before 9am, it doesn't really seem an issue as long as you have some opportunity to play within each window.

8hr Reset:

• Event starts at 12pm EST. Complete nodes
    • Event resets at 8pm EST. Complete nodes. Go to bed.
    • Event resets at 4am EST. Complete nodes when I wake up around 5-6am. No real loss in pts
    • Event resets at 12pm and so on

12hr Reset:

• Event resets at 12am EST. Complete nodes. Go to bed at 1230-1am if I can stay awake or do it when I wake up at 5-6am but I'll lose lost alot of points

Sure it's less grind, but it doesn't help my sleeping. 10hrs would have worked better.

We'll see how it goes, but it affects the EST players players. The EST players have been requesting better timeslots for us, but it's ignored and now we have this to deal with.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker

What points are you losing if you don’t do it until the morning? The free hits when the next round flips or…? I don’t seem to understand either. Cuz if you do it at 5AM as long as you can hit it again at 5PM or later on the next mission reset then you still get 6 hits on the boss

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Are there the same number of refreshes still with the longer window, or did we lose one? My casual alliance typically needs all of them to hit full personal even, so just curious if that’s still possible if the times shift like this. Definitely better for most this way I’m sure.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Are there the same number of refreshes still with the longer window, or did we lose one? My casual alliance typically needs all of them to hit full personal even, so just curious if that’s still possible if the times shift like this. Definitely better for most this way I’m sure.

We lost a ton of refreshes.
    6 refreshes now, used to be 10.

• Bowgentle

@Punisher5784 said:

@JimboJambo said:

As for the 12hr reset, again the EST is screwed. Event opens at Noon, but I cannot do the next set until Midnight. 10hrs would had been more reasonable.

I'm not sure I understand this. You have between midnight and noon to do the next set so that's a big window to complete it. Are you saying you always want to be able to play as soon as the reset happens? In the UK the 8-hour reset happens at 1am so I just make sure I fit in some time to play before 9am, it doesn't really seem an issue as long as you have some opportunity to play within each window.

8hr Reset:

• Event resets at 8pm EST. Complete nodes. Go to bed.
    • Event resets at 4am EST. Complete nodes when I wake up around 5-6am. No real loss in pts

12hr Reset:

• Event resets at 12am EST. Complete nodes. Go to bed at 1230-1am if I can stay awake or do it when I wake up at 5-6am but I'll lose lost alot of points

Sure it's less grind, but it doesn't help my sleeping. 10hrs would have worked better.

We'll see how it goes, but it affects the EST players players. The EST players have been requesting better timeslots for us, but it's ignored and now we have this to deal with.

10 hours is a terrible idea, this would shift the refresh every day.
    It needs to be a number you can devide 24 hours by.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

We lost a ton of refreshes.
    6 refreshes now, used to be 10.

Yeesh. Points get adjusted accordingly I wonder?

• Bowgentle

Yeah normal event is the usual 8 hours.
    If this runs as advertised.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker

Something Went Awry - Something went wrong when you tried to join this event. Sorry about that. We've been notified and we're looking into it. Please try again in a bit.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards

It lags something terrible after battle.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 798 Critical Contributor

Can't even get into the game

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker

Yea seems like the servers are being dominated right now or some such

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Can't even get into the game

Same here

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards

Poor server hamsters are getting hammered.

• Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler

Yeah, looks like they underestimated how many people would join right at the start….

• Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 96 Match Maker

can't even join lightning round, waiting for the rest of alliance.
    and lost t100 in Hearts of Darkness

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker

I was finally able to join. In fact it took me right to the boss fight screen without having to go through the join screen again.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards

Working fine here now. Sweden.

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker

The Heroic (Progression) awards are remarkably lame, but perhaps my alliance will do well enough to get a few good support tokens.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

The costume's neat, and remember last time we had a secondary boss fight there were NO progression rewards. So some cp/HP and rando boosts are all a bonus.