Upcoming Boss Event Info - High Evolutionary (Evolutionary Hayhem) Standard / Heroic

Options

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Heartbreaksoup said:
    The Heroic (Progression) awards are remarkably lame, but perhaps my alliance will do well enough to get a few good support tokens.

These progression rewards of boosts and healthpacks are there to help us throughout the event.

Normally I'd be annoyed with Boosts, but the increases max helps.

I'm just happy to finally see sine good Support Rewards. They were very generous to give Advanced Support tokens for 251-750 alliances. Those are tough to get.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I appreciate the extended refreshing hours it really adds QoL.
    I find this boss event interesting and enemies are continuosly changing (it appeared SW but without her cd lol).
    However, next refresh will be pretty hard because GotG by themselves, aren't specially good, more like being specially meh.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,744 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah I think I will lose a few boss fights in round 8. I'm going to have to try and build some synergy and stategy with supports. I don't have Adam and my grocket tiles never seem to last long enough to matter!

• Punisher5784
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    Yeah I think I will lose a few boss fights in round 8. I'm going to have to try and build some synergy and stategy with supports. I don't have Adam and my grocket tiles never seem to last long enough to matter!

I'm heavily boosting Round 8 and using Avengers Tower support to fortify special tiles nearly every match I make

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’ve been running 5* Star lord/rocket/Adam, it’s been ok so far but my alliance won’t get that far

• Punisher5784
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Tony_Foot said:

I'm heavily boosting Round 8 and using Avengers Tower support to fortify special tiles nearly every match I make

Oh I forgot to add.. for those that are using 5* Starlord, he can use the Omnipotence City support for that double AP on the first match!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Grocket, Starlord, Adam, with the occasional pack for Adam if he gets too low.

• Tony_Foot
    Options

Gamora, Rocket, and Nova for me with yellow supports on everyone. Fire Nova yellow at start. First match kills Hela. Kill Boss, then finish off Loki. Using a health pack every 3 or 4 runs on Gamora.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

I've been using grocket, 5 star gamora, and 5 star lord with 4 star elements gun support on starlord. 73% chance to gain 3 ap in a random color for each guardian on the team, and using color boosts. Starting almost every match with 11 ap in one color has worked out pretty well.

• Punisher5784
    edited September 2023
    Options

To all the players that thought I was just whining to whine about the 12hr refresh, our alliance just squeaked at T50. Meaning that if I didn't stay awake until midnight every night to get those "few points", we wouldn't have gotten T50.

The point is, the Dev made this refresh change cause players complained about lack of sleep, but this change impacted my sleep. Changing refreshes is going to impact someone. However, I did appreciate the less overall refreshes.

Maybe changing the start time could help this? There are a lot less players at the start of the Boss events compared to other times. For instance, 12pm EST is Slice 2 in PvE, which only flips once, compared to the other slices that flip 4x.

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options

Midnight? Luxury. It was 5pm/5am here. It needs changing, but short of being able to choose our own start times, I can’t see how to do it without affecting someone.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

You have a 12 hour period to play each refresh. It is your own choice to play at the very start or end of each refresh period. So yeah, it does sound like complaining to complain.

• Bowgentle
    Options

You know there are more timezones than EST, right?

• meteor0905
    meteor0905 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

I sleep ~3 hours recently,glad the result is great

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Kwahder said:
    Midnight? Luxury. It was 5pm/5am here. It needs changing, but short of being able to choose our own start times, I can’t see how to do it without affecting someone.

Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and lick the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

• Bowgentle
    Options

You want rough, go back to PVE before there were time slices - and try to play from Europe.

• Tony_Foot
    Options

I had the 5am, 5pm but I don't care. I couldn't quite get T10 but I'm not going to use time zone as an excuse. We all chipped in where we could and I got decent rewards for the effort.

More of this please.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    You want rough, go back to PVE before there were time slices - and try to play from Europe.

That was still 8hr refreshes too.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,330 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Kwahder said:

Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and lick the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

see, Dad just made it easier. Twice as many people each time, so less work!