MPQ Developer Q&A August 2023 (ANSWERS)

Options
124»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,953 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So...when they first created champions, they did allow players to merge duplicates, through customer service requests.

However. That was a VERY different time. Most players didn't have the resources to roster duplicates, and there was zero reason to do so. So very, very few players used CS to do this.

These days there's no chance they'd allow that again.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@Scofie said:

@KGB said:
    Why would you have to buy levels or merge characters?

Just increase the champ levels on 4 stars from 100 to 150 and add 50 levels of rewards and then 4 stars could go from 370 to 420 via added covers.

KGB

Because a level 307 dupe has already put 50 covers in. I would not reroster a non-max champed character so I'd want those levels on the original.

Your saying if you have a 370 and a 307 dup you want them to adjust your 370 to 420 and set your dup to 0 covers?

Not only does that not make sense, it has zero change of happening. How would you plan to compensate someone who has a 370 and never rostered a dup but instead sold off the covers for ISO? Should they go back and figure out how many sold covers too and compensate those players to 420?

Doing that would be a crazy amount of their time and effort. Just increase the champ levels and let players apply covers going forward. They've NEVER EVER tried to back compensate (I sold hundreds if not thousands of covers before champion rewards came into play and I never thought they should have instantly made all my characters max champs just because they introduced champ rewards and added 50 or 100 levels).

KGB

I'm not saying that's what I expect, or want, I was just explaining the point @Punisher5784 was making about merging. As I understand it, that's what happened when they rebalanced the 3* tier (I was around but can't remember it well enough to comment and didn't bother with dupes at that time so it wouldn't have affected me).

I'd expect that it would be a lot of manual work to implement it and not sure it would happen. If they were going to stretch the levels for 4s, I'd expect it to be cost neutral in terms of Iso and a relatively easy fix to implement. Which is why I think it is most likely to just add 50 levels on to all 4 champs and probably start them at 100 for 1 cover, rather than 70.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@Chrynos1989 said:
    Question 4: with the newest pricing plans from unity, this might not be a good decision…

yes, i retracted that on these grounds a page or two ago. Discussing that is a very hot topic around the industry currently. While it is going to affect almost nobody actually monetarily based on the caps they've set who isn't doing Marvel Snap levels of business, and even then it'll be a Superman III sized micro-skim per download, it is such a huge feels-bad for everyone. What an absolutely botched rollout on their part.

Sorry, didn’t see your answer there earlier

Well, I honestly dunno if it affects so few people …
    I mean a free2play game where most problems get fixed by reinstalling the game could easily get a lot of installations
    But the problem is mostly that they could actually raise the cost per install from 0.15-0.25$ to whatever they want and their actually method of counting the installs is like „Trust us, bro!“

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

7. @DAZ0273 [Official Forums]
    Question: Considering there are no reported plans to make a 6* tier and the 4* tier is very bloated, have you given any thoughts about having a 4.5* tier? It could be made up of some of the existing 4* by bumping up their stats and also some new releases.

Answer: Sort of, but from another direction (that isn't 6-Stars). More info Soon(tm).

I thought this was interesting. Unless they're referring to Supports being the "6*", I wonder what it could be. Perhaps Costumes might have abilities/affliations attached to them?

Their answer is likely referencing the upcoming Championing 2.0