MPQ Developer Q&A August 2023 (ANSWERS)

Options

Comments

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Omegased said:
    I know this is geting off topic, but how does HEvo stop the revive bros?

HEvo + Electro

Electro generates yellow from iHulk's AoE and blocks most of the damage.

Yellow boosts HEvo's health and damage.

HEvo kills everything with his black power.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’ve never found electro to be especially long lasting against the levels of hulks I see, but the combo does work

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,656 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That combo never worked very well for me sadly. Chasm still gets out of control.

• logykphlo
    logykphlo Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    1. @logykphlo [Official Forums]
      Question: As a steam player it was a little disappointing to find we were excluded from the recent hellfire gala promotion. Is this something you’re looking to rectify in future and is the steam version in your long-term plans?

Answer: This is unfortunately a byproduct of our current tools for QR codes & reward links. Steam is very important to us and is certainly part of our long-term plans to streamline the MPQ experience. Moving forward, if you're a Steam player and you come across another activation like this please put in a CS request during the event's active period.

Good to know, but for what it's worth I did submit a CS ticket and never got a response!

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@revskip said:

@BriMan2222 said:
    I asked if they were still on schedule for Chasm to be nerfed in the next 8 weeks or so and the answer was "yep"

Given that we're now over 9 weeks, I guess that means the chasm nerf should drop any minute now?

The Chasm nerf happened already. The boost list changing to the various Classes rendered him a moot point in most PvP matches and 5* High Evolutionary being released made the Immortal Bros and She-Hulk a straight up liability in pick 3. SHIELD Sim is laughably easy now.

I guess that's why shield sim is still wall to wall chasm and i still see people not using their 672 boosted 550 five stars in favor of a much lower level chasm, because he's so easy to beat now.

That is a feature. Take HEvo, Electro & Deathlok and soak up easy points. Was the easiest climb ever this season. Since the revive Bros are still a scarecrow they tend to have decent points so you just wack em over and over for 75. Snipers won't like it because any team that doesn't let them win in 3 matches isn't to their taste but for me it was working just fine. You can add 750 points pretty easy in ten matches, wait for the healthpacks to refresh since it rarely takes more than 1 per match and then rinse and repeat. A little trickier in pick 2 without Deathlok adding all that AP but there have been great boosted characters in the last couple of classes and with Electro boosted in the next it will be even easier.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2023
    Options

-------‐-----------------------------------------
    25. @killah klown [Official Forums]
    Question: As you are working on new mmr system in pvp, can you please look into making it easier and quicker to come across historically favorite targets? This could really help team mates out who like to work together.

Answer: Which would also, incidentally, make it easier for players that want to target specific people for.... less nice reasons, to be able to do so. Unlikely to be a feature as a result

See... I think maybe you guys don't have enough good faith in the players.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I’ve never found electro to be especially long lasting against the levels of hulks I see, but the combo does work

Electro takes next to no damage if HEvo is there as he'll quickly be tanking and she blocks the AoE damage.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

7. @DAZ0273 [Official Forums]
    Question: Considering there are no reported plans to make a 6* tier and the 4* tier is very bloated, have you given any thoughts about having a 4.5* tier? It could be made up of some of the existing 4* by bumping up their stats and also some new releases.

Answer: Sort of, but from another direction (that isn't 6-Stars). More info Soon(tm).

I thought this was interesting. Unless they're referring to Supports being the "6*", I wonder what it could be. Perhaps Costumes might have abilities/affliations attached to them?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,656 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

Question: Considering there are no reported plans to make a 6* tier and the 4* tier is very bloated, have you given any thoughts about having a 4.5* tier? It could be made up of some of the existing 4* by bumping up their stats and also some new releases.

Answer: Sort of, but from another direction (that isn't 6-Stars). More info Soon(tm).

I thought this was interesting. Unless they're referring to Supports being the "6*", I wonder what it could be. Perhaps Costumes might have abilities/affliations attached to them?

Yeah...not sure what that means at all.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker
    Options

maybe more 1 or 2*?

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

My guess would be that they’ll raise the level cap from 370 to 450 for 4* characters

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

I have no idea either. Perhaps more events boosting (or double boosting) 4* characters by affiliation, power colour etc. Or alternate play conditions in events (double stun if you have no Purple power user on the team, stun immunity if you have a telepath on the team, triple black damage if it's the teams strongest colour etc).

Any way, I'd welcome things that make the game incentivise playing 4* without sacrificing QoL.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

I have no idea either. Perhaps more events boosting (or double boosting) 4* characters by affiliation, power colour etc. Or alternate play conditions in events (double stun if you have no Purple power user on the team, stun immunity if you have a telepath on the team, triple black damage if it's the teams strongest colour etc).

Any way, I'd welcome things that make the game incentivise playing 4* without sacrificing QoL.

But this would disincentivise leveling your 5s, ever.
    I don't think they want to encourage softcapping.

• Scofie
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Scofie said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

But this would disincentivise leveling your 5s, ever.
    I don't think they want to encourage softcapping.

I don't necessarily agree. Champed 5s are way better than champed 4s and boosted 4s. "4.5s" should be broadly comparative to unboosted 5s but would only be 4.5s for about 5% of the year, whereas 5s are permanent and can be boosted on top. In this scenario, I might use a 4.5 rather than an unboosted 5* but the following week I'd need to find another team, so I'd always level the 5s. In one way, it incentivises leveling your 5s if your 4.5* is effectively 5* MMR.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

After seeing that a boosted, max champed 3* Magik has more health than a boosted, max champed 4* Reptil, I'm not looking forward to seeing them touch the 4* tier.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Jinx said:

@Punisher5784 said:

My guess would be that they’ll raise the level cap from 370 to 450 for 4* characters

Maybe but what would they do with all the players with dup 4s? Maybe Customer Service can merge your 4s like when Championing was implemented but that still wouldn't help. It would just be lvl450 Polaris, Juggs and Grocket

• Scofie
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Jinx said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Maybe but what would they do with all the players with dup 4s? Maybe Customer Service can merge your 4s like when Championing was implemented but that still wouldn't help. It would just be lvl450 Polaris, Juggs and Grocket

2 options:

1) You can buy the extra 80 levels with Iso-8. Champed 4*s start at 350 and go to 450 but cost another 100k Iso each to champ.

2) Levels stay as they are and Iso buys you an extra 6 or so levels for the original 13 covers. Everyone gets 80 free levels on every champed 4* character.

I'm not expecting this will need a poll.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why would you have to buy levels or merge characters?

Just increase the champ levels on 4 stars from 100 to 150 and add 50 levels of rewards and then 4 stars could go from 370 to 420 via added covers.

KGB

• Scofie
    Options

@KGB said:

Just increase the champ levels on 4 stars from 100 to 150 and add 50 levels of rewards and then 4 stars could go from 370 to 420 via added covers.

KGB

Because a level 307 dupe has already put 50 covers in. I would not reroster a non-max champed character so I'd want those levels on the original.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Scofie said:

@KGB said:

KGB

Because a level 307 dupe has already put 50 covers in. I would not reroster a non-max champed character so I'd want those levels on the original.

Your saying if you have a 370 and a 307 dup you want them to adjust your 370 to 420 and set your dup to 0 covers?

Not only does that not make sense, it has zero change of happening. How would you plan to compensate someone who has a 370 and never rostered a dup but instead sold off the covers for ISO? Should they go back and figure out how many sold covers too and compensate those players to 420?

Doing that would be a crazy amount of their time and effort. Just increase the champ levels and let players apply covers going forward. They've NEVER EVER tried to back compensate (I sold hundreds if not thousands of covers before champion rewards came into play and I never thought they should have instantly made all my characters max champs just because they introduced champ rewards and added 50 or 100 levels).

KGB