MPQ Developer Q&A August 2023 (QUESTIONS)

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

New competitive boss event forces to hit all refreshing nodes. I'm european so I'd have to wake up at monday 2 A.M.for the last one. Isn't there a better system? Or some people just aren't allowed to rest?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:
    New competitive boss event forces to hit all refreshing nodes. I'm european so I'd have to wake up at monday 2 A.M.for the last one. Isn't there a better system? Or some people just aren't allowed to rest?

It runs until 6 am.
    No need to get up at 2.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@the_tick said:
    Has the team ever discussed adding a new time slot to make it a total of 6 basically a new one starting ever 4 hours? It's a little selfish on my part but all times (EST) 7am I'm driving to work 12pm yea I'm at lunch but I don't have 2 hours to spare when that day's particular event is about to end and the next one starts. 5pm (I'm driving home) 11pm and 2am I'm in bed.

This is probably asked every Q&A. They don't seem to care about EST players. Maybe we're only a small percentage of the playerbase.

When I used to be super competitive I used to play while driving because the timeslice options suck. I'm not condoning match-and-drive. I'm at the point now where I just settle for lower placement

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Bad said:

It runs until 6 am.
    No need to get up at 2.

I got up at 4am! Although I guess "got up" is misleading. "Recovered from my hang over" might be more accurate.

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@Pwuz_ said:
    Also side question: where did they post July’s Answers to the Questions we asked?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88939/mpq-developer-q-a-july-2023-answers/p1

Thanks, looks like it was just pushed off the first page here, and after the first page I tried using the search function to find it for it, but it wasn’t pulling up, nor did it have the Q&A tag.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

It runs until 6 am.
    No need to get up at 2.

Ok, let's say you put the alarm at 5:30 A.M on Monday just to play those final nodes and to compete for your alliance.
    Everything perfectly normal, of course.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options

There are many supports that give flat bonus damage to abilities. While useful for smaller rosters, these 3-4 digit increases are neglible at SCL10.

Would you be open to change this to a percentage based increase so it will be relevant to all tiers?

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Bad said:

@Bowgentle said:

It runs until 6 am.
    No need to get up at 2.

Ok, let's say you put the alarm at 5:30 A.M on Monday just to play those final nodes and to compete for your alliance.
    Everything perfectly normal, of course.

I get up at 5 for work, so... Yes?

• bentobox
    bentobox Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

Are you gonna do something about Gwenom, aka. the coolest looking but absolutely worst 5* in recent memory?

• Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options

Attack tiles, goon special tiles, Chasm special tiles destruction/creation, delay after characters or goons using abilities, victory/defeat banners, boost banners, are all of these slow by design, and why? Can all of these be made much faster?

• SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options

Where new content? Almost 10 year playing this game. But PVP is still same as 10 years ago.
    Need special pvp like, 1 week running with limited characters, something like no blue/no passive/no heals, only 3* and below, only 4* and below characters etc

• Bowgentle
    Options

@SolidQ said:
    Where new content? Almost 10 year playing this game. But PVP is still same as 10 years ago.
    Need special pvp like, 1 week running with limited characters, something like no blue/no passive/no heals, only 3* and below, only 4* and below characters etc

Like the class of PVPs that they're running for 11 weeks now, maybe?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You can play only 3/4 PvP anytime you like. The rest of the players might not join you but there are multiple options!

• will7612
    will7612 Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    You can play only 3/4 PvP anytime you like. The rest of the players might not join you but there are multiple options!

Thanks a lot @DAZ0273, you made my day, couldn´t stop laughing!!!!!!!!!

• logykphlo
    logykphlo Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

As a steam player it was a little disappointing to find we were excluded from the recent hellfire gala promotion. Is this something you’re looking to rectify in future and is the steam version in your long-term plans?

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Can you speak at all to the idea behind Archangel’s rework? Specifically the significant health decrease and decision not to boost match damage to modern levels? Also, do I have to wait for Born Again for 5* Daredevil to get his much needed buff?

(I know I know, 2 questions. But I haven’t asked anything in a few months)

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options

As you are working on new mmr system in pvp, can you please look into making it easier and quicker to come across historically favorite targets? This could really help team mates out who like to work together.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

3* health was uniform (Colossus, Rags, Sentry have identical health pools). New releases (since Emma) have massively higher health pools relative to a fixed 3* tier. What is the driving factor for new 3* characters to have such high health pools?

3* @ 266 (except the newest where noted)
    26,692 - Arcade
    25,006 - Hit-Monkey
    24,963 - Omega Red @ 227
    24,772 - Spider-Rex @ 206
    23,455 - Magik @ 240
    22,2919 - Emma Frost @ 237
    21,548 - Spider-Gwen @ 229
    21,233 - Kang @ 206
    19,591 - Thanos
    18,240 - Hulk
    17,024 - Colossus, Ragnarok, R&G, Sentry, She-Hulk
    16,213 - Thor
    15,402 - Black Panther, Cap, Cap Marvel, DOOM, Gamora, Iron Man, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Vision
    14,727 - Cyclops, Hawkeye, Star-Lord
    13,781 - Angel, Beast, Blade, DD, DP, Doc Ock, Elektra, Gambit, KK, Magneto, Pyslocke, Punisher, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Squirrel Girl,
    12,835 - GSBW, Human Torch, Mystique, Falcon
    12,160 - Iron Fist
    12,025 - Bullseye, Storm
    10,809 - Daken, Strange, Patch
    9,458 - Loki
    8,106 - Hood

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Are there any plans to update Shield resupply including frequency of various drops like the 4* or 5? Would be good if the random days could be a "pick 3" option, or if 3 covers were added for their corresponding day of release.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2023
    Options

Can you share some clear expectations on what you want to communicate with the player base about in advance or as a response to questions, and what are more ‘nice to haves’ that we shouldn’t necessarily always expect?

Recently in just the past weeks we saw these changes in communication:

• No more ‘What’s New’ forum posts or event calendars.
    • No announcement of Elsa’s rework. No follow up on you stating that Archangel’s rework will be announced on 8/17 (it was not). No response to questions about other character reworks.
    • No prior announcement of the new Boss/Alliance event format.
    • No comments on many bug reports, especially the very frequently mentioned ‘multiple TUs are fired by the AI’
    • Lackluster response to large confusion about a community event (the Fan Favorites TU one), failing to clarify what the rules were and multiple Devs giving conflicting responses.

Not too long ago all the above things would have had fairly rapid responses. Now it’s crickets. Can you please elaborate on why and what we can/should expect going forward?

This discussion has been closed.