MPQ Developer Q&A August 2023 (QUESTIONS)

MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
edited September 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi everyone!

How are all of you beating this crazy summer heat?

Time to field your monthly questions for the developer!

August Developer Q&A Google Form:
https://mpq.social/devqa

If you don't have a Google account, please post your question in the thread and a friendly neighborhood Iso hunter may swoop in and help out.

1. Max 1 Questions:
    To ensure that we're able to answer as many questions as possible, questions are limited to 1 per player and a maximum of 250 characters.
  2. Copy Questions to the original Q&A thread:
    To avoid duplicate questions, we kindly ask that you post your question in this month's Q&A forum thread to display them publicly for others to see here.
  3. Deadline to submit questions:
    12pm PST/8pm BST on August 31st.
  4. Answers posted:
    Week of September 4th.

Best,
MPQBlaine

Tagged:

Comments

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 302 Mover and Shaker

How big is the new MPQ dev team?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

Since SCL11 is not possible in PvE, are/will you look into adjusting the current ones? I cannot imagine 1-5 having many players. Since 9 is closer to 8 instead of 10 in design and rewards, could you consider making 9 the new 10, and bumping up 10?

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler

Has any work been done to either increase the amount of boosts you buy at a time or put them on an auto refill system?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Punisher5784 said:
    Since SCL11 is not possible in PvE, are/will you look into adjusting the current ones? I cannot imagine 1-5 having many players. Since 9 is closer to 8 instead of 10 in design and rewards, could you consider making 9 the new 10, and bumping up 10?

Based on the information shared by IceIX recently, I bet there are an awful lot more players in 1-5 than there are in 9 or 10...

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Given how arcane this game’s underlying tech is, would it be easier to port it to Unity or some other commercially supported tech stack?

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards

I think we need links to the old questions, almost every one of these was asked and answered before. I might try and find them and put them into categories to save the repetition or wasted question when you only get one.

• Bored_steve
    Bored_steve Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

Is there any capacity to update the android app to allow for "resizing" so its compatible with foldable devices?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023

Considering there are no reported plans to make a 6* tier and the 4* tier is very bloated, have you given any thoughts about having a 4.5* tier? It could be made up of some of the existing 4* by bumping up their stats and also some new releases.

Edit: Oh and to answer your question about coping with the crazy summer heat - I do that From standing in the English rain, Goo goo g'joob.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023

@entrailbucket said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Based on the information shared by IceIX recently, I bet there are an awful lot more players in 1-5 than there are in 9 or 10...

I asked in the separate box on the questionnaire if they can share the percentage of players per SCL.

I'm sure there are a ton of new players in there, but if you look at the rewards and the difficulty, they're too close together, where at least 1 of those is pointless.

• Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler

Any plan to add a feature that would allow player to generate a list of priority action for their defensive team in PvP ? Example: firing power order for a character.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

@Histamiel said:
    Any plan to add a feature that would allow player to generate a list of priority action for their defensive team in PvP ? Example: firing power order for a character.

I have a feeling this break the game.

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 65 Match Maker
    edited August 2023

What happened with July's rebalances? the shortage has been a bummer.

This discussion has been closed.