Marvel Puzzle Quest R284 Release Notes (08/15/23)

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Can somebody go on discord and find out if the archangel rebalance was really only beneficial to people with less than 13 covers?

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 400 Mover and Shaker
    Options

What did they even change?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

I really want to know what his rebalance was.

people are claiming more damage across the board (but, damn - that means his damage before was terrible), and his black will not drain his teams AP at any level.

surely that's not it right?

• System
    System Posts: 1,026 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: The MPQ Grapevine: Summer 2023 Edition.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

Mod note: Merged with the relevant thread to keep the discussion of Archangel's rebalance centralized in one location.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

No, his damage didn’t change from when I recorded his numbers, and I checked his 1-5 abilities and at 3 he was still preventing both team’s AP until level 4 at that time. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69614/archangel-classic#latest

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 710 Critical Contributor
    Options

"Done the rebalance"
    "He looks the same"
    "So ungrateful it took me a good 3 minutes"

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

This was after his previous rebalance to now, or that's his original to now?

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,174 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    This was after his previous rebalance to now, or that's his original to now?

His previous rebalance was merely numbers boost to his health and match damage, plus reduction in Blue and Green AP costs. Ability damage numbers were untouched

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Huh. His match damage is well below recent releases, and his health is definitely on the low side; i'd have expected something to be done about that if they were going to go through the trouble. Like just comparing him to my only other current 450, Wong, he has about 5k less health and all of his match colors are 1-200 pts lower. On the match damage front, that's almost the same difference as the lvl 360 Omega Red I have is from Archangel at 450, being 300pts behind on his best color.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,174 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83408/character-updates-september-2020/p

Tbf Archangel’s previous buff was about 3 years ago in Sep 2020. His raised health and match damage numbers then were in line with late-2020 5s. But yeah for this second buff he could have done with his numbers being raised again into the 1000+ range

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What an absolute waste of time.

I guess we'll see what he looks like when boosted, but without the health and match damage updates that every other rework got, I don't see him being useful.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Meanwhile 3* Angel has never been touched despite 5* getting two buffs. I know we don't care about 3*s but he likely one of the worst

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:
    Also, will you announce what his rework is on the forum or will his rework just go live and we'll have to figure out what changed?

So I guess that's a no then. New community challenge, figure out what characters have changed and what is different about them.

• nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@nycjonny said:
    Archangel got nice power buffs but a serious heath nerf.

Is it in game already for you? Mine looks the same...

Yeah it was. His health at 550 went from 144k to 129k. Green and blue damage were buffed. The tile change for black mentioned happened and the damage from that tile was also buffed.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

His health was reduced? Truly an enigma, this buff

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@nycjonny said:

@entrailbucket said:

@nycjonny said:
    Archangel got nice power buffs but a serious heath nerf.

Is it in game already for you? Mine looks the same...

Yeah it was. His health at 550 went from 144k to 129k. Green and blue damage were buffed. The tile change for black mentioned happened and the damage from that tile was also buffed.

I really wish they'd give us an announcement post and a rationale for these changes. Like why would this need to come with a health reduction? That makes no sense.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Clearly he was TOO GOOD, so something had to give!
    Didn't they RAISE his health like two years ago during his first balance pass?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    His health was reduced? Truly an enigma, this buff

I'm shocked his health wasn't increased to 300k