Marvel Puzzle Quest R284 Release Notes (08/15/23)

Options
MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
edited August 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

“Flight Risk…”

• Keep coming back weekly for your Pick-3 road to Anniversary rewards!
  • Be sure to cast your vote for the next MPQ Classic Pack boosts!
  • Announcing a rebalance for Archangel (Classic) on 8/17!
  • The current PVP Mind Season ends on 8/21. Climb to the top of the leaderboard!

Thank you for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options

@MPQBlaine said:

• The current PVP Mind Season ends on 8/12.

Well that doesn't sound right

• MPQBlaine
    MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Domitronas said:

@MPQBlaine said:

• The current PVP Mind Season ends on 8/12.

Well that doesn't sound right

You totally right XD , season ends on 8/21.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A rework for archangel? I thought he was already pretty good after his last buff.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:
    A rework for archangel? I thought he was already pretty good after his last buff.

He really isn't, I'm afraid, though I'd say there are some characters who haven't had a rework who need it more, such as Black Widow or Black Bolt.

• BriMan2222
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@BriMan2222 said:

He really isn't, I'm afraid, though I'd say there are some characters who haven't had a rework who need it more, such as Black Widow or Black Bolt.

Idk, I think he's pretty good when boosted. His blue hits hard and stuns, his green hits hard, his black is his only dud power. I also tend see him used frequently on opponents teams when he's boosted.

No one uses him unboosted, but that is true of like 95% of the tier.

• BriMan2222
    Options

Also, will you announce what his rework is on the forum or will his rework just go live and we'll have to figure out what changed?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@BriMan2222 said:

Idk, I think he's pretty good when boosted. His blue hits hard and stuns, his green hits hard, his black is his only dud power. I also tend see him used frequently on opponents teams when he's boosted.

No one uses him unboosted, but that is true of like 95% of the tier.

He plays because of the stun...5* stuns are so rare and valuable that they always play up.

His health and match damage are pretty bad still, so fixing that will go a long way. Even if they just give him modern numbers and keep everything else the same, it'll be a really impactful change

• TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2023
    Options

I could see the rework of Archangel relating to the release of Omega Red (Horseman of Apocalypse) so that he synergizes better with Apocalypse and Omega Red.

I would love it if they used this opportunity to release his Uncanny X-Force costume.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@TriSentinel said:
    I could see the rework of Archangel relating to the release of Omega Red (Horseman of Apocalypse) so that he synergizes better with Apocalypse and Omega Red.

I would love it if they used this opportunity to release his Uncanny X-Force costume.

I don't know if I like this idea or not!

One of the reasons that Apocalypse/Omega Red hasn't completely overrun the game is their color overlap. Archangel only overlaps on one color, so if they give him, say, a cheap multi-hit green or blue ability that places protect tiles...that could get ugly fast.

I guess Archangel is old and nobody really has him, so maybe it doesn't matter.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Options

Love the new loading screen! 💖
    Thanks!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Can the results of the Classic vote be shared in the forum please? I already know what I want is likely not the same as the Community as we have different goals with this but it would be nice to see whether it was even a chance so I can use that moving forward to decide how to vote in future.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 795 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Ed_Dragonrider said:
    Love the new loading screen! 💖
    Thanks!

Should have been all Chasm, to give players an idea of what to expect.

He knows that he has been excluded and has already started his takeover.. it's why the tu's are acting all crazy

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Opponents with completely stunned teams are able to fire their team up several turns in a row, I wonder if this is a bug or a feature?

• mooken
    mooken Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

"Flight Risk"

And then this article is published yesterday about Alpha Flight's new series. https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/alpha-flight-canada-super-hero-team-explained

Coincidence?

• BriMan2222
    Options

@mooken said:
    "Flight Risk"

And then this article is published yesterday about Alpha Flight's new series. https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/alpha-flight-canada-super-hero-team-explained

Coincidence?

That makes sense, so of course the clue will turn out to be Lady Stilt Man instead.

• entrailbucket
    Options

It'll probably be 5* Puck, with the 4*'s powerset.