Class of 2014!

Options

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,740 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sorry, how are they unplayable? I’ve had no issues and my roster is pathetic in comparison to both of yours.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not unplayable, but a Hulkasm fest due to no boosted 5s (except Rex).
    It's basically 11 weeks of nothing but iHulk / Chasm.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I thought it would be fun to try out 3* Omega Red. Mine isn't super high level, but he has about 50,000 health when boosted.

99% of the time he was dead before I even had a chance to move the board. First turn stun + Hulk AoE+ 550 Chasm cascade means you eat 50,000+ damage turn 0 every match.

EVERY SINGLE fight is a 550 Chasm + Hulk. I don't have a 550 Chasm, but I do have a lot of other characters at pretty high level. Most weeks I can run someone lvl630+, and those guys are worse than 550 Chasm, but it's close enough.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

I wonder if this is worse at some specific boundaries because I find MThor more prevalent than Chasm.

My roster is at a lower level and I don't play optimally by any means - if this means I am avoiding the (oxymoronic?) wall of Chasm then it's another bonus from that approach.

I'd have a lot of sympathy with anyone facing no one else because winnable or not Chasm matches are dull.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I normally face a wall of MThor/Shang from about fight 4 so the wall of Chasm/iHulk has been a surprise. I am done with the Omega's as I can't be arsed going any higher so lets see what next PvP throws up.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@DrClever said:
    I wonder if this is worse at some specific boundaries because I find MThor more prevalent than Chasm.

My roster is at a lower level and I don't play optimally by any means - if this means I am avoiding the (oxymoronic?) wall of Chasm then it's another bonus from that approach.

I'd have a lot of sympathy with anyone facing no one else because winnable or not Chasm matches are dull.

Depends on how high you score.
    Below 700 it's all ShangJane, while above everything is Hulkasm.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DrClever said:

Depends on how high you score.
    Below 700 it's all ShangJane, while above everything is Hulkasm.

"I want to climb quickly" --> "I don't want to shield"

My Kang is doing a lot of heavy lifting these events.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wonder if a SC Mthor "wall" is actually a wall and not a open door with a note saying "enjoy these points bro they are on me".

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Anything is better than Chasm-IHulk

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I personally am LOVING the class of events. Week long, no placement, locked into certain characters (which I’m one of the weird people who liked heroics). Simply awesome. And those who don’t like them, don’t have to play them.

The lack of a boost list for the non-“class of” events completely sucks. I don’t need to belabor the point because you all have already expressed my concerns. The Chasm wall is awful and boring.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,249 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The Class Of events have definitely been a bizarre return to the days of collecting AP and then firing active powers.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I think 2014 will be an anomaly. There should be plenty of good stuff moving forward to make these less dull. It is as I said before - we are addicted to 5* match damage which is the main thing missing this week when dealing with decent health on some of the 4s.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

With the events locking out older characters and being limited to characters from that year only, expensive characters like Thor who would have relied on IM40 as a battery are unable to do so. Even without 5* match damage we are all pretty used to AP accelerant options at least.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That’s why I used both Hood and Loki, week 1 with XForce. After running the same team as everyone else (IW), I realized it’s better to forgo the big meaty 4* and go for a glass canon offensive accelerant instead.

For week 2, I ran Dino with Fury/Elektra and put Thoress on the bench. Like week 1 it took some tinkering to find “my team”. But at max-champ devil is better than I thought, and if I can’t have an accelerant, a full rainbow is nice. Devil Dino ended up being both my red and green outlet as well as a healthpack saver due to being a tank. Elektra was black and Fury was primary for all three of his colors.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I was using Mystique to feedElektra black and Fury purple, but his blue is too good to waste on her tile conversion power so I switched to Dino/fury/Thor for the remainder.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The Class Of... events themselves are pretty cool. So far, there's basically no roster advantage, since everybody has the best teams fully maxed out. That's also what the game used to be like -- we all had exactly the same roster, because there just weren't that many options.

I still think applying this boost list to the "regular" events is an awful idea.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yeah the main problem is the 11 weeks of Chasm in regular pvp.

• DAZ0273
    Options

There are still 4 hours left to fight Nick Fury everybody, so don't miss out!

One thing about these things - I wish they wouldn't show a placement rank. I am 61st but all that means is that there are 60 people more stupid/ridiculous/Eyepatch hating than I was in my bracket. It is like the game is taunting me - "Ha ha look how much time you wasted fighting against disabled people and dinosaurs! We are going to show everybody!!!". I didn't even get anywhere near 50 wins...

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I got up to 1197 pts before I couldn’t win fast enough to close the deal. So I walked away.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I got up to 1197 pts before I couldn’t win fast enough to close the deal. So I walked away.

Jesus, what a nightmare.