Class of 2014!

Options
turbomoose
turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor

Devil dino !!, nick fury and 4Thor with electra thrown in, wonder how much of a grind this will be

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Elektra black is gonna be a pain. Dino and Nick don't exactly hit super hard and Thor has no charge tile partners.

So yeah.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I guess we don't know yet...are the 2013 people also usable in this or is it only 2014?

If 2013 are usable, the best team is xforce/4thor (and it's probably very good!).

• DAZ0273
    Options

I don't think they are. There seem to a be a few tagged on 1* (Black Widow & Hawkeye) & 2* (Ares, Ms Marvel and Human Torch) but I think the 3 & 4's are 2014 exclusive. I assume they will do a similar thing through 2015 onwards for any years where there were no 1/2/3 releases.

• DJ47057
    DJ47057 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options

Since there is no placement reward and everyone is going for 50 wins we all should use low health teams and hurry to the CPs

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We should.
    But all I'm seeing is Elektra / Fury / Thor.

• entrailbucket
    Options

What fun would that be? Why would I want to make it easy for anybody else?!?

• Bowgentle
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    What fun would that be? Why would I want to make it easy for anybody else?!?

Wait until you start it.
    It's a slog.
    Thank god this lasts for like 3 months.

• entrailbucket
    Options

That actually sounds like the perfect sort of event to just snipe and dump the whole time, to prevent anybody from getting to 1200.

• Bowgentle
    Options

I don't think anybody cares about 1200.
    Then again, people shielded in class of 2013, so there ARE idiots.

• entrailbucket
    Options

TONS of people shielded! Why? What were they thinking?

• DAZ0273
    Options

Christ this is already obnoxious.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,223 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    TONS of people shielded! Why? What were they thinking?

When I got to 25 wins, I was on about 1000 points. I looked at the numbers and figured another 7 or 8 wins gets the CP rather than another 25. I didn't shield as really not worth it to me, but I can see why someone who is HP-rich but time-poor might do it. I never got to the CP as lost 200 points and couldn't be bothered trying to get the 25 wins! But maybe I'd have tried for the 7 or 8 on the last day....

• DAZ0273
    Options

Bye bye healthpacks!

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yeah thank god this lasts a while.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I guess we don't know yet...are the 2013 people also usable in this or is it only 2014?

If 2013 are usable, the best team is xforce/4thor (and it's probably very good!).

Thorverine (mk II) reborn would be a fun nostalgia play. That team was the meta for a good 5ish months back just before 4* releases became regular.

But overall I think it will be more interesting if each class even is discreet as it will produce more unusual combinations. I bet there are a few meta combos that were in the same calendar year, though, so we may get some boring events even then.

(Correction, I confused the 2015 with the 2015 lineup.)

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DJ47057 said:
    Since there is no placement reward and everyone is going for 50 wins we all should use low health teams and hurry to the CPs

That makes no sense. If we all use low level teams the matches will be just as sluggish as of we all used high level teams

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    If we all use low level teams the matches will be just as sluggish as of we all used high level teams

Are there any glass cannon teams?

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DrClever said:

@killahKlown said:
    If we all use low level teams the matches will be just as sluggish as of we all used high level teams

Are there any glass cannon teams?

That's the question. It's not high-level v. low-level, it's damage output v. health.

The post-thorverine meta team was imhb, 3* IF, and 4* jg. Not exactly glass cannon--y, but reasonably fast, so high damage output, high health.

Maybe we could all agree to play 3* Cyclops + IF? Not quite as much self acceleration, but much less health.

• DJ47057
    DJ47057 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@DJ47057 said:

That makes no sense. If we all use low level teams the matches will be just as sluggish as of we all used high level teams

Then hit fast with a better team and leave a grill team

• entrailbucket
    Options

Lol cupcakes in an event with no placement