Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2023

Class of 2022
    (listed in reverse)

• Punzaman
    Punzaman Posts: 30 Just Dropped In

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS Will MMR consider the entire roster or only the characters available for use in that event? If the entire roster, newer players with 5*s champed won't be able to compete against players who have the classic 5*s champed in the 2014 and 2015 events for example.

If the entire roster is considered, would you at least consider turning off the 5* god boosts for all these "Class of" events? (Or any boosts for that matter)

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2023

@Punter1 said:
    I always think Nick was first, but he was just the first as a prize in the inaugural season. Back then you got just 1x 4* cover for the whole season for t100 alliances, I think it took 3 seasons to get all 3 colors!

Yes, this! One cover per season for each color of Nick Fury.

The main screen of Season also had a sandbox where players could playtest Nick Fury.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

Wow, 5 years since 3* Emma Frost was released? That's gone quick!

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,184 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:

You mean 4* Emma?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

@BlackBoltRocks said:

@Scofie said:

You mean 4* Emma?

Yes. That's what I meant. Though I was thinking about the 3* when I typed it. Seems more reasonable now you mention it... ☺️

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@Wolvie171 said:

@Punter1 said:
    I always think Nick was first, but he was just the first as a prize in the inaugural season. Back then you got just 1x 4* cover for the whole season for t100 alliances, I think it took 3 seasons to get all 3 colors!

Yes, this! One cover per season for each color of Nick Fury.

The main screen of Season also had a sandbox where players could playtest Nick Fury.

Yesss! That's right! New characters had a repeatable node in the PvP Season so you can try them out. I recall they got rid of this node because people were using it for healing

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Nothing says "excitement" like a 77 day countdown!
    Seriously though, guys, a countdown that lasts longer than it takes most casuals to drop the game after trying it out is a bit excessive.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards

@LavaManLee said:

I'll have to disagree with this. I don't think the countdown is excessive at all. It is the tenth anniversary. They are doing something special for each class one week at a time. The prize, for completing all weekly quests, is 500K in ISO which isn't bad.

Not sure why the countdown is considered a bit excessive. Just ignore it if it is a bother. In fact, it's nice to know when the anniversary will start because every year there are questions in the forum about when it will begin.

Totally agree. I think it’s great and it’s nice to have the build up to the best stores and vaults in the game. I really like the extra CP from the non competitive class of events too.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023

I'll take the extra rewards of course, just that overall time frame feels a bit long.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor

Was it supposed to be that the 2013 PVP is still running, while the event quests aren't? I was purposedly waiting until the end, so that I didn't have to shield for so long. It seems I've shot myself in the foot.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Dogface said:
    Was it supposed to be that the 2013 PVP is still running, while the event quests aren't? I was purposedly waiting until the end, so that I didn't have to shield for so long. It seems I've shot myself in the foot.

There's no placement so there's no point in shielding.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor

@entrailbucket said:

@Dogface said:

There's no placement so there's no point in shielding.

I probably should have paid more attention. Does this mean I'm screwed for the top Anniversary Countdown quest?

• First311
    First311 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In

@Dogface said:

For the 2014 event the timer for the quests is linked to slice 1 of the pvp. It looks like any slice after that will run beyond the quest availability. I hadn't noticed until now.

• DJ47057
    DJ47057 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In

On the plus side, it says there are 11 total and since it's the 10th anniversary it means there needs to be more than just 10 Class of X quests to reach 11 total...

KGB

Yes, it it the 10th anniversary. But you can plan 11 Class of from 2013 to 2023

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

I love this class events!!! I remember battling for each char release. I wish we could do something similar on the PVE side. Although I will acknowledge that rubberbanding, World events were only a year 1 mechanic. By year 2, pve play was relatively established and the big changes was the move to a 24 hr clock from 8 hr play.

If would be fun to have an old school hulk hunt world event.

• Adric1123
    Adric1123 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In

@KGB said:

P.S. I love how the Dev's trolled us with making one of the Class of 14 quests 'Use 8 Team Ups'. Apparently we didn't work hard enough at the Community Use Team Ups quests for their liking :s

That may not be a complete troll job. I haven't gotten any rewards yet and the counter's still updating on the status page.

I think we may be in soccer overtime on that one.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 783 Critical Contributor

The latest class of is as I thought it would be, elektra, nick fury and Thor or DD on every fight , think I finally have a use for all those deadpool points I’ve saved over the last few years

Without it each fight is taking 5-10 minutes I don’t have enough spare time for that 40-50 times