MPQ 10th Anniversary Countdown

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:
    Thanks for doing this 2013 boost week before you released the chasm nerf. With no boosted 5 stars it's super awesome seeing nothing but a sea of chasm ihulk in pvp with no boosted 5 stars for any one to use against them.

Finally! The endless wave of the immortal bros that made me give up on playing shield sim entirely has been crammed into normal pvp too!

The only way this could get better is if you could make every node in pve chasm and ihulk too! Happy chasmversery everyone!

Just realized -- this is only the first week. Are they really planning to do 10 weeks of no boosted 5*/100% Chasm in every event?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@BriMan2222 said:
    Thanks for doing this 2013 boost week before you released the chasm nerf. With no boosted 5 stars it's super awesome seeing nothing but a sea of chasm ihulk in pvp with no boosted 5 stars for any one to use against them.

Finally! The endless wave of the immortal bros that made me give up on playing shield sim entirely has been crammed into normal pvp too!

The only way this could get better is if you could make every node in pve chasm and ihulk too! Happy chasmversery everyone!

Just realized -- this is only the first week. Are they really planning to do 10 weeks of no boosted 5*/100% Chasm in every event?

Yes.
    Pray there will be boosts in PVE.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,097 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@BriMan2222 said:

The boosts are for the characters released that year. So no 5 star boosts until we get to a year when there were 5 stars released that year.

• entrailbucket
    Options

And it'll take like 5 or 6 years to get to a year where any boosted character is better than a 450 Chasm. Happy anniversary!

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

This truly is a celebration! Let Chasm reign, let the forum tears flow, let the endless posts about the revive Bros proliferate.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 307 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Not much Chasm at a level 330 MMR, but the Deathlok+Kang combo certainly get boring quickly.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@BriMan2222 said:

The boosts are for the characters released that year. So no 5 star boosts until we get to a year when there were 5 stars released that year.

If going by the characters released in that year's Class, it will be the 3rd week when we get 5*'s boosted again for the week. This is when the Class of 2015 introduced Wolverine (OML) & Silver Surfer to the game. Maybe Jean Grey if they include her (technically, she was released shortly afterward in November)

Then again, Nick Fury was skipped in the Class of 2013 and was replaced by Invisible Woman (a 2014 release). So anything can happen :*

• zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

If I remember right, the first 4* was Wolverine, then Invisible Woman (the original AP costs to her powers was staggering), THEN Fury. I might be wrong, but that’s what I remember.

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@zonatahunt said:
    If I remember right, the first 4* was Wolverine, then Invisible Woman (the original AP costs to her powers was staggering), THEN Fury. I might be wrong, but that’s what I remember.

That's what I remember too. It gets fuzzy after that, I think it was Thor (Goddess of Thunder) next or maybe Elektra?

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 726 Critical Contributor
    Options

I always think Nick was first, but he was just the first as a prize in the inaugural season. Back then you got just 1x 4* cover for the whole season for t100 alliances, I think it took 3 seasons to get all 3 colors!

• entrailbucket
    Options

Xforce was a launch character. IW was added shortly thereafter.

Fury was released as part of the rollout of seasons, in 2014. For season 1, his yellow cover was the t100 alliance reward, then blue, then purple for seasons 2 and 3.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2023
    Options

Year 1. "Class of" designation is the far column.
    Source: PW3 server on Discord

There are some "Class of" inconsistencies with the Class of 2013 event currently running. Release dates should be accurate, though.

• skittledaddy
    edited July 2023
    Options

Class of 2015

• skittledaddy
    Options

Class of 2016

• skittledaddy
    Options