MPQ 10th Anniversary Countdown

Options
MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 136 Tile Toppler

Start the countdown! The MPQ 10th Anniversary is almost here! Over the next 10 weeks, you can expect weekly gifts, PVP events centered around the characters released each year, and limited event quests, all leading up to the big day!

Class of PVP

Each week we are running an altered version of the "Class Of PVP Events." Each "Class Of PVP Events" allows you to choose solely from the characters released that given year. These events will run for a total of "7 days" instead of their normal time frames.

These "Class Of PVP Events" are "Progression Only," and do not affect the current running season. So no need to worry about getting attacked. Go ham!

Progression Rewards are the same as a standard Versus Event with the exception that the Versus Event token for the Class of PVP should instead be an "Anniversary Token". Players can spend these on the old Year 9 Vault or save them for the grand 10th Anniversary Vault when it comes around in October!

Anniversary Countdown Quests

Head over to the "EVENTS" tab on the "QUESTS" screen in-game to find exclusive event quests that branch out over the coming weeks up till the big day. Complete ALL of the events for a massive amount of Iso-8!

Players will once again earn "Anniversary Tokens," which they can spend on the old Year 9 Vault or save them for the grand 10th Anniversary Vault when it comes around in October!

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Options

I like this a lot. Will hit my 3 year anniversary in mid December, so I always enjoy when the old events I never got to play get reintroduced. It's cool to finally get to use some of the classic character pairings that I always hear about but never use since newer, shinier options have come along.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Last Anniversary had the best vault we've ever seen. I bought it out a bunch of times. I do wish they had communicated a little better that the 5* character offers were going to change over time, but I guess I'll assume that this time.

Maybe since it's year 10, the vault will be even better? I'm ready, if so.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Last Anniversary had the best vault we've ever seen. I bought it out a bunch of times. I do wish they had communicated a little better that the 5* character offers were going to change over time, but I guess I'll assume that this time.

Maybe since it's year 10, the vault will be even better? I'm ready, if so.

What was it ? I don’t remember. I think Shang Chi was here ?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

Shang, brb, kitty I think

• Borstock
    Options

@Omegased said:
    Shang, brb, kitty I think

It was, but at some point they switched in Dr. Strange (if I remember correctly). I don't remember if that was the only switch, but I got annoyed because they didn't tell anyone they were going to do it and I basically plan my entire year around the Anniversary. When I brought it up, I got a lot of "this is the best vault we've ever had, shut your mouth and be happy".

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Please no more 5* Dr Strange in anniversary vault. If you're gonna at least rebalance him first.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hopefully we see 6 stars this oct

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Options

@slidecage said:

Shields up, crew to battle stations

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2023
    Options

Last years anniversary vaults were

1- kitty, brb, Shang
    2- dr strange, kitty, brb
    3- dr strange, shang, Deadpool
    4- same as #1

I was pretty pissed as well with the communication regarding the vaults. Communication is off to a much better start this time, although anything can happen in 70+ days

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@slidecage said:

why my play time has fallen major nothing to do .

or at least hope the new support upgrades hit

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Options

@slidecage said:

@slidecage said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a 6 category, but I'd imagine we would be in the minority

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:

@slidecage said:

Yes, I'm sure you're at the centre of their decision making.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,097 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:

They said in the last Q and A that things could change down the road, but there are no plans for 6 stars now.

• Borstock
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@slidecage said:

They said in the last Q and A that things could change down the road, but there are no plans for 6 stars now.

Another reason it would be nice if we transitioned to a new meta at some point. I personally think they've addressed the OP aspect of Chasm, but the immortals are still everywhere. It's a little boring.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options

A workaround to instead of 6-stars, they could lift the level cap and let us go beyond lvl550.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Last years vaults were great, probably the best yet. So which vault will we be pulling from? The first I presume.
    I will probably hold out for the year 10 vault anyways. I really don't want any more Kitty or BRB.

500,000 iso 8 for completing the quests is great. That is almost enough to champ 1 5* from 255 to 450.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options

100k+ in HP waiting on anniversary vaults. I'd like to see the vaults have favorites shards in them to allow us to target our favorite characters. I'm closing in on champing all of my 5-stars (14 to go), and favorites shards would go a long way to helping me achieve that goal.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 307 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@dianetics said:
    Last years vaults were great, probably the best yet. So which vault will we be pulling from? The first I presume.
    I will probably hold out for the year 10 vault anyways. I really don't want any more Kitty or BRB.

Isn't the anniversary vault the one with a bunch of 4* limited characters? I presume that's the one these tokens are for. Last year, we got some nice vaults in addition to this but I think they were labelled differently. I think they were 'fan favourite' vaults or such like.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,097 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thanks for doing this 2013 boost week before you released the chasm nerf. With no boosted 5 stars it's super awesome seeing nothing but a sea of chasm ihulk in pvp with no boosted 5 stars for any one to use against them.

Finally! The endless wave of the immortal bros that made me give up on playing shield sim entirely has been crammed into normal pvp too!

The only way this could get better is if you could make every node in pve chasm and ihulk too! Happy chasmversery everyone!

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,740 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That wall of chasm was there for me boosted or not. I’m actually seeing way more variety on the way to the wall than in a long long time. I’d welcome to the end of god boosts once chasm is dealt with and it should only make a return with a problem meta.

Kill chasm and get rid of god boosts for the standard boost we had before and you can see already the game will have a lot more variety.