Is the current LT pool worth champing?

Options

Comments

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Options

HEvo comes with a fun mini game trying to see how high you can get his health if you're not in a hurry.

HEvo, Kang, Deathlok, gets you ten AP per turn, minimum.

He's sneaky good and fun to play even if he's not top tier meta.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

His yellow ability is also basically true healing.

I don't think he's as good as the top guys, but somebody is going to max him out, and I'm definitely going to end up in some horrific endless match against them where the AI runs his health over a million and he's doing 100k match damage or whatever.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options

Many of us have him maxed already. He's great

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

@killahKlown said:

U mean 550 how high is his health when paired with other 550 s

• killahKlown
    Options

@mani82 said:

@killahKlown said:

206266 unboosted

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@mani82 said:

@killahKlown said:

206266 unboosted

And is the extra health "bonus," i.e., if he finishes the match above his standard max health he starts the next match at full, or "pro-rated," i.e., if he takes 50% of his boosted health during a match he enters the next match at 50% of his standard max?

Also, does boosting above 550 help him for this? I thought all his relative-health passives capped at 550.

• entrailbucket
    Options

I can answer the first one -- if his max health is 200k, but you boost it to 300k during the fight, and finish the fight at 250k, he starts the next fight at 200k (ie 100%).

It's basically true healing.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I can answer the first one -- if his max health is 200k, but you boost it to 300k during the fight, and finish the fight at 250k, he starts the next fight at 200k (ie 100%).

So significantly better than a regular boosted character where the extra health is pro-rata.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

I don't think that's exactly right. I went and tested in TaT:

Going into battle: 197K out of 248K (79% of total health)
    in battle: 266K out of 317K (84% of total health)
    next battle: 208K out of 248K (84% of total health)

I think I cast Missing Link twice, and got some of the 140% at the start. So I guess you end up with the same % of total health...

• entrailbucket
    Options

Sorry, I was talking about the yellow active ability. The health you get from that is basically true healing.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Sorry, I was talking about the yellow active ability. The health you get from that is basically true healing.

He is, too.

• rainkingucd
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

He is, too.

exactly, yeah.

The yellow does true heal, but not up to 100%. I think it's a (oh no I forgot all my school math) logarithmic curve, so you can never get fully healed, but each time you heal you get closer to 100%. Either way, Hevo is very sustainable and can often get back a good chunk of health so it saves health packs and lets him tank, but I don't think he can finish a fight healed back to full

• killahKlown
    Options

You can't evolve him passed 550 to begin matches. Even when paired with a 672 boosted.

But as said... you can even him many times during the match with yellow.

I've found the AP gen each turn to be very valuable. When fighting a stupid Chasm team I find i always have tons of black ready to launch a nuke.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I champed him a few days ago and Evo makes me giggle.
    Generate yellow and just grow him past the opposing teams damage.
    I ran Evo, Kang, Deathlok for the techno trio and it was just stupid.
    Evo is just standing there growing every round and matching away the main target. The Kang sends the other two away for a win. It works and its simple. You don't need a good board and you don't have to worry about health packs.

Gunna try it when nobody is boosted.

• rainkingucd
    Options

@dianetics said:
    Evo is just standing there growing every round and matching away the main target. The Kang sends the other two away for a win. It works and its simple. You don't need a good board and you don't have to worry about health packs.

totally agreed. Of the last 15 releases (i.e. going back to start of 2022), Hevo is easily top 3 in use. Hevo, Wong, MThor.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

He is, too.

exactly, yeah.

The yellow does true heal, but not up to 100%. I think it's a (oh no I forgot all my school math) logarithmic curve, so you can never get fully healed, but each time you heal you get closer to 100%. Either way, Hevo is very sustainable and can often get back a good chunk of health so it saves health packs and lets him tank, but I don't think he can finish a fight healed back to full

So I was close, sorta!

Hey, I did say it was basically true healing (and then went on to confidently define it mostly wrong).

• entrailbucket
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@dianetics said:

totally agreed. Of the last 15 releases (i.e. going back to start of 2022), Hevo is easily top 3 in use. Hevo, Wong, MThor.

What's interesting there is that the forum (and the community in general, from what I've seen) were really down on two of those three at release -- both Evolutionary and Wong. I was one of them! I turned around on High Evo pretty quickly once I started using him, but I got a bunch of flack in his thread from people who didn't believe me (and to be fair, I had trouble figuring out why he was overperforming my expectations).

There is some lesson to be learned there, somewhere.

• dianetics
    Options

It is a true heal. You increase a characters base health and there is no burst heal indication from the health bar.

I think for jumping the the 5* territory Evo is the best you will see for a LONG time.

He helps weaker characters. He buffs everyone. He hits hard. He can shrug off damage.

The best since Wanda AND Colossus came.

• dianetics
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    What's interesting there is that the forum (and the community in general, from what I've seen) were really down on two of those three at release -- both Evolutionary and Wong.

I was certainly down on Wong.
    I was happy to be wrong though.
    I had no idea the purpose of Evo. I think he fits my general assessment of being a great transition character, but he probably fills other roles too. I did not see the real value of his yellow but others did.
    I do think that RiRi is better than both but not by much.
    Both are great and reasons why we should not skip heroes.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@rainkingucd said:

@dianetics said:

What's interesting there is that the forum (and the community in general, from what I've seen) were really down on two of those three at release -- both Evolutionary and Wong. I was one of them! I turned around on High Evo pretty quickly once I started using him, but I got a bunch of flack in his thread from people who didn't believe me (and to be fair, I had trouble figuring out why he was overperforming my expectations).

There is some lesson to be learned there, somewhere.

Never listen to you, which we all should have learned years ago!
    Also, never listen to me, either.