Is Ultron the worst 5*

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I'd like to see him trigger damage every time an active or passive activates.

I'm guessing you have a 550 Dr. Strange...I imagine that would add up to a LOT of free damage...

Strange vs Strange should then technically melt each other until 1 of them is downed and the other is mortally wounded.

KGB

And it would be hilarious! Also, this is absolutely the kind of thing the new guys would do.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2023

Isn't something like this what was happening in a Strange + Bishop mirror fights, once upon a time?

A 5* would match some gems, Bishop would jump and then passives would be firing off each other for a while and the turn would finally be over with one or more chars dead already?

My memory of it might be a little skewed from all the trauma of fighting through pvp at the time... :)

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

I think Bishop vs Bishop mirror matches did that, when the levels of both Bishops were certain numbers.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

Bishop v Bishop was hilarious wild west shootout.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I'd like to see him trigger damage every time an active or passive activates.

I'm guessing you have a 550 Dr. Strange...I imagine that would add up to a LOT of free damage...

Strange vs Strange should then technically melt each other until 1 of them is downed and the other is mortally wounded.

KGB

And it would be hilarious! Also, this is absolutely the kind of thing the new guys would do.

Storm bombing? Couldn't you get Patch's strikes out, and then 2*Storms just hit each other until one was downed?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,586 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023

Coming back to this after a week of using boosted Ultron.

He's ultra bad. His red nuke does 20k when boosted for 7 red. Col5 does 18k at 450 unboosted for 6 black. The cannot be reduced affix is completely overvalued which I have mentioned before. Kitty is a better special tile booster. Basically, everything Ultron does everyone else does better.
    Abigail is terrible too. Rescue is just not usable in the current game.

Ultron, Abby, and Pepper need massive support and they are the bottom rung.

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023

I remember Rescue being at least mid-tier a while ago. What happened? Did she get that left behind by power creep or are new characters better at doing the same things she used to be good at?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,586 Chairperson of the Boards

She got left behind with power creep.
    Since, Crystal came along there are better healing options. Stealing special tiles isn't that great in the 5* tier.
    Her red needs some work.
    Really, her powerset doesn't fit in the current game.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Her red was pre-tuned to work with Okoye before SWitch hit the scene, having a multi-small-hit power, but Apocalypse stole her lunch pretty much immediately by combining that combo into a single character.

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler

@qandols said:
    Ultrons Hive mind duplicates specials. Pair him with eg. Electro and Kitty. Thats about it.

Or brb
    No health packs needed then

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards

@killahKlown said:
    I dunno guys. I just ravaged s4 all week with 550 Ultron.
    Ultron week is seriously my favorite boosted week. So much fun

It’s even better when he is boosted with kingpin. Because both of them are villains, kingpin create two strike tiles

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

@atomzed said:

@killahKlown said:
    I dunno guys. I just ravaged s4 all week with 550 Ultron.
    Ultron week is seriously my favorite boosted week. So much fun

It’s even better when he is boosted with kingpin. Because both of them are villains, kingpin create two strike tiles

I went iceman and had loads of fun. Ultron red plus Iceman green is crazy fun damage.

Hulk Chasm doesn't stand a chance

• ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler

If you have to build a very specific pick-3 team for a character to be good then the character is definitely low tier. Most of y’all are arguing for the sake of arguing.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards

@ViralCore said:
    If you have to build a very specific pick-3 team for a character to be good then the character is definitely low tier. Most of y’all are arguing for the sake of arguing.

I never argue about that he is high tier. But merely that he is not the worst 5*. There are 5* that is more useless.

• killahKlown

Ya I always use him heavily during boost week. Regardless of partner. That's not arguing just for arguing. It's having an opinion that doesn't support your own.

• killahKlown

Also... pvp isn't pick-3

• killahKlown

Also... okoye is considered top tier but I don't see anyone using her in a pick-1 match. Who she pairs with is what makes her special.

• ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler

@killahKlown said:
    Ya I always use him heavily during boost week. Regardless of partner. That's not arguing just for arguing. It's having an opinion that doesn't support your own.

I’m sure any non-boosted 4* can ravage the shard-4 cup cake meta just as well

• killahKlown

@ViralCore said:

@killahKlown said:

I’m sure any non-boosted 4* can ravage the shard-4 cup cake meta just as well

I invite you to try rather than just running your mouth