Is Ultron the worst 5*

Options

Comments

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Mr_F said:

@LavaManLee said:
    Not even close to the worst. He at least has some offense to him. There are so many that (IMHO) are worse than Ultron: Wasp, Rescue, Mister Sinister, Black Widow just to name a few.

How does Wasp still get on that list? If I play - that is when I have time to play - I use her to beat CN regularly. And yes, I have like two more teams that can do that but ya know.

Wasp still hands-down the worst since Banner buff. You know a 5* character is junk-tier when no-one uses then even when buffed.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like Knull - he's a bit fun to play at least. I do not like Ultron but maybe that's because I spent most of the time since his release on 4 covers and his powers were just so awful. I've not played him since I champed him but he's not looking much better.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think Wasp was supposed to get a really big damage buff with her rework, but at the time it released, she was only getting like half the damage indicated. I don't think they ever said if it was a bug or the description is wrong.

I personally hate Knull because he has a ton of health but he doesn't really do very much damage, so when he's boosted he's in every team, and the mirror matches take forever.

I'm surprised at the Odin hate -- I find him incredibly annoying to fight when he's boosted, but I only see one or two particular players running him, that have him at a really crazy high level.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I see people saying they ran Knull, and I’d love to know how and against what. He is a massive health pool that does nothing at all.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

I ran a 2 covers no iso knull for a while as third with groot and polaris while building 4jugg. was actually useful tanking, spawning some tiles and passive damage every turn. he got abandoned once 4jugg hit champ. maybe in 20 years when my 100M iso debt is repaid I could champ him and see how he runs in 5star land

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

He is an absolute dud at the 5* tier against other 5s.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I see people saying they ran Knull, and I’d love to know how and against what. He is a massive health pool that does nothing at all.

3/5/5 - His green does a good chunk of damage if you bring teammates who boost the strike tiles he puts out every turn. It's been a while, but I think I used to bring him with BRBitty. The large health pool was even tougher to take down with Kitty simultaneously boosting Bill's protect tiles.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think Knull's boost list is terrible, for one. Also, he was in Latest with 2 really good characters (maybe SW/Colossus?) so a bunch of the hoarders have him at 550. But basically he's just an annoying pile of health that does nothing.

People run him because he's an annoying pile of health.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

At 466, my Knull makes a strike tile of 366 every turn starting at player turn 3, and when his CD expires he does 2383 permanent damage plus whatever strikes you’ve managed to hang on to. My Polaris is 341, and her starting strike is 447, and if you manage to match it, it splits into 3 that total up to 528, and so on every time you match one. He is just completely undertuned.

• Borstock
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    At 466, my Knull makes a strike tile of 366 every turn starting at player turn 3, and when his CD expires he does 2383 permanent damage plus whatever strikes you’ve managed to hang on to. My Polaris is 341, and her starting strike is 447, and if you manage to match it, it splits into 3 that total up to 528, and so on every time you match one. He is just completely undertuned.

It doesn't make a difference if you bring them both. Besides, almost every team you bring into PvP is dependent on a booster of some kind, be it special tiles, team-up tiles, extra match dmg, etc... Where the tiles start is largely irrelevant.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Polaris is then doing all the work there; Knull is just a meat shield. Probably better off bringing Carbage.

• Borstock
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Polaris is then doing all the work there; Knull is just a meat shield. Probably better off bringing Carbage.

You still need to match the strike tile. You only get one for free with Polaris. Also, in 5* land, Polaris is dead by turn 2. Knull has huge health and an AoE similar to Ronan's.

I'm not arguing he's top tier or anything, but I used him all the time in Simulator before Chasm wrecked everything. Can't say the same thing about the 5* Spideys, Wasp, pre-buff Kingpin, Odin, Cable, nerfed Captain Marvel, Black Widow....

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I am surprised to find that I have an 8 cover Odin - no idea where they came from as last time I looked at him he had like 1 cover! So his thing is about fortification or something? Then he gives you a strike tile if he feels like it? I don't remember anything about him. Oh he jumps to the front too? Not really needed when Kingpin has like 200k health! Sit down and have a beer, Odin, old fella, the young'uns have got this!

• DAZ0273
    Options

I guess I should also try Ultron out as he is boosted past 500 for me. What does he do?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I guess I should also try Ultron out as he is boosted past 500 for me. What does he do?

Doubles Kingpin's tiles? Maybe?

• DAZ0273
    Options

I guess actual champed Odin doesn't suicide quite as quickly as my one just did...

• DAZ0273
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Crikey he is bad. I am making a terrible mistake.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Honestly Odin, you had like one job. Just babysit the grandkids and keep them away from the BBQ but no, you had to jump straight into a fistfight with a fat guy and another dude who by the way has his head on fire. KEEP THEM AWAY FROM BBQ, I SAID!

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ultrons Hive mind duplicates specials. Pair him with eg. Electro and Kitty. Thats about it.

• DAZ0273
    Options

My level 533 Ultron is not going to conquer humanity. I doubt he could even manage an electrical retail outlet.