Is Ultron the worst 5*

dianetics
dianetics Posts: 1,586 Chairperson of the Boards

I’ve messed around with a bunch of 5s that I just champed.

I think ultron is the worst character in the game right now.

Am I wrong or is Ultron now the new Wasp?

Comments

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 798 Critical Contributor

Nope ultron at least does something, not well but he does buff tiles at least, I'm afraid hope is still pointless

• dianetics

I’ll give you rescue but wasp is a bit better now.
    Sinister is umm special.

Maybe black widow. I don’t use her to know much.

I do know right now wasp is better than Ultron.
    Sinister will give you problems when you try to down him.

Ultron had no defense, and if you have no saps he has no offense. I think he is the worst 5* now. Who has used him regularly ever?

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor

@LavaManLee said:
    Not even close to the worst. He at least has some offense to him. There are so many that (IMHO) are worse than Ultron: Wasp, Rescue, Mister Sinister, Black Widow just to name a few.

How does Wasp still get on that list? If I play - that is when I have time to play - I use her to beat CN regularly. And yes, I have like two more teams that can do that but ya know.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

I need one more cover for Ultron to champ him so I need him not to be the worst 5*...

So c'mon - there has to be worst drek like Abigail Brand (who I have fully covered and am slowly levelling to champ, so actually no not her either)

Rescue? Jeff? Chasm (soon to be)? Does anybody like Cable really?

• dianetics
    edited June 2023

Jeff and cable are much better. Abigail is in the trash tier.

Who is the worst now?

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards

Even with the recent change, if I had to pick one of them to go into a fight, I would easily pick Ultron over Wasp. Personally, I think Rescue is the worst. Mister Sinister is close behind. His kit could be good but SO much has to go your way for him to even be close to average.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 233 Tile Toppler

@Mr_F said:

@LavaManLee said:
    Not even close to the worst. He at least has some offense to him. There are so many that (IMHO) are worse than Ultron: Wasp, Rescue, Mister Sinister, Black Widow just to name a few.

How does Wasp still get on that list? If I play - that is when I have time to play - I use her to beat CN regularly. And yes, I have like two more teams that can do that but ya know.

forum lives in a different perception plane of theorycrafting, Wasp cannot not leave "worst list" unless she oneshot passively the ennemy team turn 2 consistently

• Itsmeabxab
    Itsmeabxab Posts: 26 Just Dropped In

Dr strange, so so weak

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

Ultron has modern health and match damage, which probably saves him from "worst," although he's still pretty bad.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,697 Chairperson of the Boards

I've used both Ultron and Abigail in PvP prior to Chasm. I don't think either one is trash tier, tbh.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Bottom 3 to me are probably Abigail, Knull, and Odin; maybe I'd swap Ultron in there for Knull, it's hard to say. Ultron should be stun immune at least, being a robot and to match all PVE implimentations of the character.

I still don't use Wasp after the rebalance. There are characters with good powers but low ancient numbers like Goblin or Strange that I don't think belong in the bottom fundamentally like the characters that just don't work.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

Isn't Wasp still bugged?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    Isn't Wasp still bugged?

It's hard to say, they kinda stopped fixing bugs.
    Still waiting for Monkey's team up to work.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Bottom 3 to me are probably Abigail, Knull, and Odin; maybe I'd swap Ultron in there for Knull, it's hard to say. Ultron should be stun immune at least, being a robot and to match all PVE implimentations of the character.

I still don't use Wasp after the rebalance. There are characters with good powers but low ancient numbers like Goblin or Strange that I don't think belong in the bottom fundamentally like the characters that just don't work.

I'm with you on Odin. I don't think he's the worst, but in the bottom rung for sure. He should be one of the hardest hitters in the game, but he's a slap hitter at best. And this is after his rebalance. I was thrilled when he was announced but have been disappointed ever since.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

He got a rebalance? When was that, and what did it do?

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2023

@pepitedechocolat said:

@Mr_F said:

@LavaManLee said:

forum lives in a different perception plane of theorycrafting, Wasp cannot not leave "worst list" unless she oneshot passively the ennemy team turn 2 consistently

Darn! She does that on turn 4!

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    He got a rebalance? When was that, and what did it do?

I swore he got tweaked when Introducing Odin was rerun after his release. This was a year ago give or take a week. I searched for the info on it but it seems the only change was the amount of shards given out during said event. I was wrong, no rebalance.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

I have a team with Hope that works well.
    Same with Ultron. If I can find/create a team that works with a character, I’m fine.

Abigail is too weak and her yellow upsets me. Why make it a CD? Wth.

Green goblin, BSSM, strange need more strength and they’ll be fine.

IW Cap is just SO niche that putting him on a team is really not worth it. But I’d love to be proven wrong.

BW….. her powers cost too much. AND she’s weak. Moon knight’s powers also cost a lot. But at least he’s not weak.

I can work with Knull despite his black being junk.

Odin is….. so convuluted. It really takes a lot of timing to get him to thrive.

If rescue wasn’t a technologist…..

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,697 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

I used Knull very successfully before Chasm, as well. Your bottom 3 perplexes me except for...

Odin stinks. He could be a great defensive character, but it's like they got cold feet and stopped short of giving him the necessary kit.