Is Ultron the worst 5*

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh for sure, any 5* engine that is contingent on a 4* component will at best only work on offense in 5* play. I was merely saying that even a less than max champ 4* has powers that are superior to a 16 levels past champ 5* and in my book, that puts him squarely in dud status.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I guess I should also try Ultron out as he is boosted past 500 for me. What does he do?

Once there are enough strike tiles on the board, he starts boosting. I find him most effective paired with Kitty.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Kingpin/Ultron/Deathlock works. As does kingpin/Ultron/5*Carnage.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have tried using him a bunch. I wanted to give him a fair shake.
    He seems to be really bad at everything he does.

If we were to fix him, he needs to be stun immune. He needs to fortify a special tile every turn. His red needs to be reworked to do more damage for less AP.

Everything that he does others do better. I never see him in pvp boosted anymore. In PvE unboosted heroes just do better, and the heroes he synergizes with have better partners.

Using Wasp after her rebalance, she feels like she has more kick than Ultron.
    Sinister does things that Ultron doesn't.
    Rescue is pretty low down now so she is fair to place below him.
    Knull is far better.
    Odin is pretty bad, but he's very good at what he does.

So the bottom rung is Abigail, Ultron, Black Widow, Rescue, Sinister, and IW Cap?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh there's way more than that.

Loki, Heimdall, Hela, Havok, Yelena, Black Bolt, Cable, Storm.

This is why it's so infuriating that they took two months off to buff Yellowjacket (who wasn't even that bad) and Magik (who was brand new and should have been fixed prerelease).

• Borstock
    Options

Storm boosted is fine and she's one of the MVPs of the Support Quests. She doesn't need a lot.

Yelena boosted is also fine. I use her all the time when she's boosted.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 226 Tile Toppler
    Options

There was a week Ultron was boosted at the same time as BRB and that was not fun. Loki is useless. Black Widow is useless. OML is underratedly useless. Sinister doesn’t need a rebalance. He needs a total rework. Rescue same.

• Borstock
    Options

Just used Odin + Ultron + Kingpin to climb to 1200 in Odin's PvP. Only took 3 losses, no shields used, in slice 1. Took very little damage in most matches.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

Boosted Ultron is legit. His red hits hard. Boosted kingpin is also good so together, they're very good.

• entrailbucket
    Options

I think Abigail is the worst (she has a bunch of active and passive powers and they somehow ALL do nothing), but you could construct a pretty convincing case for any one of about 7 or 8 characters. There's another handful that are just barely above them. The bottom tier 5* are really bad.

• Borstock
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I think Abigail is the worst (she has a bunch of active and passive powers and they somehow ALL do nothing), but you could construct a pretty convincing case for any one of about 7 or 8 characters. There's another handful that are just barely above them. The bottom tier 5* are really bad.

I still disagree. Team Abigail with someone who does stuff as her tiles resolve and the spam game becomes quite fun. How is she worse than Natasha? All active powers. All WAY too expensive with few benefits other than dmg. How is she worse than Parker? A blue stun that works against his other powers if you use it. And a red and green active that are dependent on web tiles being on the board in a tier where almost no one else creates web tiles except the beast who denies AP.

• entrailbucket
    Options

Right! Like I said... I think she's the worst, but you could construct a convincing case for any one of about 7 or 8 others. Like you've done for Widow and Peter! They're all very bad.

• Itsmeabxab
    Itsmeabxab Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

What if you could make up a pick 3 made entirely of the same character? A team of three 5* dr strangers would be the absolute worst, I can’t believe 3 Abigail’s would lose to them. Dr strange is so awful people don’t even remember he exists

• entrailbucket
    Options

Dr Strange was overpowered back when you had to cast powers to win fights. That's why his health had to be so low -- he'd have been impossible to beat if he had more.

These days, if you cast a power it's by accident, or because you felt like it, so he doesn't actually do anything anymore. The 3* version gets used in PvE a lot, but everyone else has better options for those fights.

I'd like to see him trigger damage every time an active or passive activates.

• Tiger_Wong
    Options

I would love to simply find a good partner for Abagail but I’ve failed many times.

• Her healing passive has a cap on it
    • her destroy AP passive only destroys 1 AP and only in the opposing teams strongest color.
    • Her yellow drops a single random CD/repeater to 0. And it’s also a CD. You have to proc it at level 5 to fortify the tile. Why not just let the power choose what CD/repeater to turn to 0? And why put it on a CD?
    • her blue repeater makes 2 average attack tiles and then every 2 turns you remove a A/S/P tile and make 1 average attack tile. It has to be put at level 5 to be fortified as well.
    • Her purple does good damage for a purple power. Then it creates another repeater than destroys 1 AP in the chosen color every 2 turns. It must be put at level 5 to be fortified.

Her most useful active (if you could call it that, since it’s tied to a CD) is probably her yellow. I can find a MASSIVE number of uses for it….. if it wasn’t tied to a stupid CD. She’s PAINFULLY slow. And the payoff makes it not worth it.

• Tiger_Wong
    Options

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

I still disagree. Team Abigail with someone who does stuff as her tiles resolve and the spam game becomes quite fun. How is she worse than Natasha? All active powers. All WAY too expensive with few benefits other than dmg. How is she worse than Parker? A blue stun that works against his other powers if you use it. And a red and green active that are dependent on web tiles being on the board in a tier where almost no one else creates web tiles except the beast who denies AP.

I can (and have) found a team for Peter despite his lack of power. Putting him with Chasm and Miles is actually a pretty good anti-chasm team and you don’t have to worry about a never-ending chasm vs chasm battle at the end.

Natasha has decent power and her actives do stuff…… it just takes FOREVER to fire any of them just once. And her only passive stuns a random enemy for only 1 turn. Making it pretty meaningless most of the time. Her actives have conditions to meet to get almost double the damage and manipulate AP. But……

• the AP manipulation is random.
    • The conditions to meet to get the damage boost (enemy has to have 12 AP in one pool for the red and a teammate has to have below 20% health fir the black) are really close to unattainable.

The cost of her powers AND conditions for the extra damage/AP manipulation MUST be altered if you’re gonna keep her with the same powerset language. I feel like a fool gathering 12 AP for her red power AND THEN waiting/hoping the enemy gets 12 AP in an AP pool just to get the bang for my buck.

• entrailbucket
    edited June 2023
    Options

She has passives that do burst heal, destroy enemy AP, and remove enemy SAP. Those are about the 3 worst things you can do.

You basically have to stick her with another CD spam guy, like Hawkeye or Cousin, but all she's doing is destroying a few enemy AP, giving a few burst heal, or converting 1 enemy tile. She only adds a few extra Hawkeye or Coulson triggers, and other guys can do that better.

Oh -- AND she gets basically nothing from the boost. Her damage is still really low and her passives don't scale.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

I'm guessing you have a 550 Dr. Strange...I imagine that would add up to a LOT of free damage...

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023
    Options

The worst part about Abigail’s yellow is that it can target other instances of her yellow CD if you manage to get several of them out at once. For that move to justify a 2-turn CD, it needs to proc every repeater and cd in play, but since it only does one, it’s awful. Imagine running her with Ronan if it could hit them all at once.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,052 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I'm guessing you have a 550 Dr. Strange...I imagine that would add up to a LOT of free damage...

Strange vs Strange should then technically melt each other until 1 of them is downed and the other is mortally wounded.

KGB