Upcoming Character Rebalances: 3* Doctor Octopus, 4* Dazzler, 5* Magneto

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    Dazzler doesn't need to be in the center. Try it out yourself, if you've the time/access.

So Dazzler is triggering the stun off of the AoE damage? I was thinking she should be in the center so that the match damage would trigger her stun.

Dazzler's passive has always just been when she takes damage, so it always worked that way. She just never had the requisite health/heal/damage reduction to be survivable. She more than anyone needed a jump-in-front passive in my opinion.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Characters I’ve found with the Brotherhood Tag so far:

5* (conspicuously absent from magneto himself)
    Havok

4*
    Frost
    Blob
    Dark Beast

3*
    Mystique
    Magneto

2*
    None (not this version of Magneto either)

1*
    Juggernaut

It should perhaps be noted that none of these characters create strikes without the aid of supports save 5* Magneto who doesn't have the tag himself, and many of these characters destroy tiles. I'm not really sure what the intended synergy with that passive is expected to do.

Affiliations confuse me sometimes.

I know 2* Magneto is classified as a hero but does this mean he was never a bad guy? Is he a variant? It seems strange that Emma and Havok can have affiliations based upon past memberships and others not. Them being X-Men did not suddenly make them not part of past team?

5* Magneto makes sense because he is a variant whereupon he never became a villain due to Xavier dying changing reality.

Another example is Namor. The MPQ version is unquestionably the Marvel Comics one but he doesn't have either Defenders (one of original three) or Avengers affiliations? Is Defenders only linked to Netflix? But then why is 5* Dr. Strange a member?!?!?

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

I was going to champ Mags, but after this talk, I’m too disappointed to waste the ISO on him yet. What a let down.

It really grinds my gears how these characters essentially have an entire power devoted to “the attempt” to counter the previous meta’s overpowered passive.

Mags needed a new kit entirely, but I wonder how much better he could have been if not partially tied to the mission of overcoming an eventual passing meta.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Characters who could have this tag but don't according to the wikipedia page "list of Brotherhood of Mutants Members" - I assume most players of this game look at all characters who share a name and assume they are the same regardless of where in the multiverse they originate so I'll list them:
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch 5/3 Scarlet Witch
    Sabretooth
    5/2 Magneto (i guess they are alternate universe incarnations)
    5/3 Emma Frost
    Rogue
    Professor X 5/4
    Wolfsbane
    Psylocke
    Daken 5/3/2* assuming these are considered one character
    Deadpool 5/4/3
    Regular Beast

There are some non-616 incarnations that include people like Frank Castle, Cyclops, and Wolverine.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Brotherhood_of_Mutants_members

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Havok

4*
    Frost
    Blob
    Dark Beast

3*
    Mystique
    Magneto

2*

1*
    Juggernaut

It should perhaps be noted that none of these characters create strikes without the aid of supports save 5* Magneto who doesn't have the tag himself, and many of these characters destroy tiles. I'm not really sure what the intended synergy with that passive is expected to do.

I know 2* Magneto is classified as a hero but does this mean he was never a bad guy? Is he a variant? It seems strange that Emma and Havok can have affiliations based upon past memberships and others not. Them being X-Men did not suddenly make them not part of past team?

5* Magneto makes sense because he is a variant whereupon he never became a villain due to Xavier dying changing reality.

Another example is Namor. The MPQ version is unquestionably the Marvel Comics one but he doesn't have either Defenders (one of original three) or Avengers affiliations? Is Defenders only linked to Netflix? But then why is 5* Dr. Strange a member?!?!?

Another one I was curious about is Deadpool - none of his incarnations has the Mutant tag.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Havok

4*
    Frost
    Blob
    Dark Beast

3*
    Mystique
    Magneto

2*

1*
    Juggernaut

Another one I was curious about is Deadpool - none of his incarnations has the Mutant tag.

Deadpool isn't a mutant I don't think? He got his powers from an experiment?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Maybe their obviously planned Brotherhood additions to 5* land create a synergy with him that will make him relevant. (And no one laughed)

• DAZ0273
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Characters who could have this tag but don't according to the wikipedia page "list of Brotherhood of Mutants Members" - I assume most players of this game look at all characters who share a name and assume they are the same regardless of where in the multiverse they originate so I'll list them:
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch 5/3 Scarlet Witch
    Sabretooth
    5/2 Magneto (i guess they are alternate universe incarnations)
    5/3 Emma Frost
    Rogue
    Professor X 5/4
    Wolfsbane
    Psylocke
    Daken 5/3/2* assuming these are considered one character
    Deadpool 5/4/3
    Regular Beast

There are some non-616 incarnations that include people like Frank Castle, Cyclops, and Wolverine.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Brotherhood_of_Mutants_members

There are lots of Brotherhoods it seems!

Quicksilver - MCU version - no Brotherhood.
    Switch - the same.
    Sabretooth - Was definitely in a comic book version of Brotherhood and this Creed is comic books.
    2* Mags - No idea about him. Is he a variant?
    Rogue - Yes definitely
    Prof X - that one is news to me! Seems like they were good guys?
    Wolfsbane - likewise
    Psylocke - Hmm a bit cheaty as it is her original form not Kwannon but I guess so.
    Daken - seems a given
    Beast - It lists a future version as a member so dunno if that counts?
    Deadpool - Likewise.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wait, so Daredevil confirmed that the enemy gets cascades off Magneto red...was I right about the utterly stupid chaos of Magneto vs Chasm?

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Wait, so Daredevil confirmed that the enemy gets cascades off Magneto red...was I right about the utterly stupid chaos of Magneto vs Chasm

Ice referenced an infinite loop vs Beta Ray Bill on page 3 as one of the reasons he got nerfed.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Wait, so Daredevil confirmed that the enemy gets cascades off Magneto red...was I right about the utterly stupid chaos of Magneto vs Chasm?

Hard to say since currently Mags does not destroy Abyss tiles.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Glockoma said:
    I was going to champ Mags, but after this talk, I’m too disappointed to waste the ISO on him yet. What a let down.

It really grinds my gears how these characters essentially have an entire power devoted to “the attempt” to counter the previous meta’s overpowered passive.

Mags needed a new kit entirely, but I wonder how much better he could have been if not partially tied to the mission of overcoming an eventual passing meta.

I get it. Before he dropped (in I think the second post), I named this. I just don’t like character powers designed to counter “a thing”, that are kind of useless without said thing on the opponent team. I used Gargantos’ black as an example. Onslaught blue is a power similar to Garg but it at least does SOMETHING when the opponent doesn’t spam SAP tiles. He can still change the color of some tiles on the board. I guess Mag’s red has more utility because he can pop almost any tile type (forgot to check for charged tiles). So against most characters it should do something I guess. But I still think it’s the weak link power.

That said, if you don’t champ him, you are really missing out. That blue is tons of fun and is a top tier active ability. The yellow is a really good outlet for that color. You could do far worse that someone with an elite, very good, and a situationally okay powerset.

@entrailbucket said:

Correct. I’ve been doing a lot of just messing around with him. I’m worried about people saying the tile destruct is sporadic. Maybe because it triggered three times on the turn already and they didn’t notice? If not that’s concerning. And is a bug. I haven’t seen it yet but only tested the power in the PVE wave node yesterday where Mindless and Maggia were popping tiles every turn.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Havok

4*
    Frost
    Blob
    Dark Beast

3*
    Mystique
    Magneto

2*

1*
    Juggernaut

Deadpool isn't a mutant I don't think? He got his powers from an experiment?

Yes, Deadpool is classified as a mutate, a normal human who got their powers from mutant dna. Deadpool got his powers by being experimented on with wolverines DNA. Deadpool not actually being a mutant is part of the reason the X-Men don't allow him to be a member, the other part being that most of them can't stand him.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    I’m worried about people saying the tile destruct is sporadic. Maybe because it triggered three times on the turn already and they didn’t notice? If not that’s concerning. And is a bug. I haven’t seen it yet but only tested the power in the PVE wave node yesterday where Mindless and Maggia were popping tiles every turn.

No, no. I've been playing with him all over Webbed Wonder and boss Apoc. Even a few ssim tries at the beginning.

Red is definitely unreliable, can confirm. Sometimes just doesn't work, or doesn't anymore. And it's a new turn, and it has previously (earlier turn) only fired twice, for example.

Sometimes, it works for the player. When a new enemy tile is made, Mags will destroy not only that (or those) tiles, but other enemy specials already present from before. I've seen it twice already that it shuts BRB blue like that. First destroys (de-fortifies) his CD, BRB makes a protect tile, and Mags destroys it and the CD.
    Very hard to say what behavior is intended though, because sometimes nothing happens.

When it is working, it can be pretty good. The enemy does get the cascade damage, yes. I've been pairing him with Phoenix, so she dies and can use green while he's Airborne. Initially just wanted to test cascades from his blue and her purple, but then tried to see if he'd remove her attack tiles. Unfortunately, that doesn't work, the tiles must be put by the enemy... :/

• TheHawkNY
    TheHawkNY Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options

Dazzler appears to be multiplying the tile strength by 0.2 instead of 1.2; subsequently she is reducing the tiles by 80% instead of empowering them by 20%.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

They forgot to add a '1' in their code. They used x 20% instead of 120%. :D

• Glockoma
    Options

If you could keep Magneto afloat, he’d be pretty gnarly with iHulk and Vulture 😎

One could even spec iHulk (3/5/5) to ensure maximum carnage with match damage while allowing for his nuke if need be

• Glockoma
    edited April 2023
    Options

Onslaught/Magento/4* or 5* Profx can go winfinite.

I used Mags blue as my main boardshake followed by ProfX purple in the rare Blue pinch.

The passives obviously create a bunch of havoc while removing 2 colors, then clearing teamups. The real kicker however was the generous return on AP after the board resolves from Mags blue.

It generally allows one to cycle between targeted colors from his Blue and garner a ton of Purple/Blue to fire his power again or cycle ProfX’s active and selecting a purple tile for boardshake.

I ended most matches at full rainbow AP banks.

The only nitpick I have found is that when you optimize the build for boardshake, Mags yellow really presents in a missed opportunity on the devs for a more synergistic power; all your special tiles just get destroyed in the chaos.

I believe it would have been nice to let it add low percentages of increased match damage for your team (and increasing with affiliations), to enable your team to not only improve their speed but to allow for better damage while Mags flies in the air (for whatever reason you’d want to do that).

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

Is there an estimated time for the Magneto bug fix?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

No, Magneto need to take his queue number. Hit-Monkey has been waiting for months.