Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh he is broken already? Ha ha ha!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think they need to revisit the variables that they use to name all these tiles. Magneto was probably referencing special tiles but Abyss/Web tiles are not classified as special tiles. Wong's red was hardcoded to make sure Abyss/Web tiles are classified as special tiles. They just put in the Wong move.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They probably shouldn't have released 5* Magneto as 4* Polaris. Not the new Devs fault!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Mistakes happen, I don't blame them for that.
    Not doing basic testing, I DO blame them for that.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So is not working? No problem, they will fix it soon (TM). But remember my advice: do take a comfortable chair.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    They probably shouldn't have released 5* Magneto as 4* Polaris. Not the new Devs fault!

At one point, Magneto was considered Wanda and Lorna's dad in the comics. I find it ironic that the daughters are so OP in this game while 5* Magneto is arguably the worst of the Magnetos. In comparision, 2* Magneto could consistently go near-infinite and single handly dominate the 2/3 meta. I just wish they figured out a way to make him usable outside of boost week.

3* Mags is the best Mags because he worked across multiple builds and different play styles. Flexible and powerful.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,424 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

2* mags is best mags

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mags is bugged? I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

Guys, great news. Here's a way to stunlock Chasm before you make your first match-3 of the battle for a pick-3, as long as iHulk processes his AoE at the start of their turn. The answer is Dazzler + Valkyrie and a decent 5*. Try it out for yourself and you will amazed by this. Wong is probably the best 5* because he has true heal for teams.

The only bug you're going to experience is Dazzler debuffing your tiles instead of buffing it.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@BlackBoltRocks said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    Guys, great news. Here's a way to stunlock Chasm before you make your first match-3 of the battle for a pick-3, as long as iHulk processes his AoE at the start of their turn. The answer is Dazzler + Valkyrie and a decent 5*. Try it out for yourself and you will amazed by this. Wong is probably the best 5* because he has true heal for teams.

The only bug you're going to experience is Dazzler debuffing your tiles instead of buffing it.

I'm presuming Dazzler at 5 Black, Valkyrie at 5 Yellow, with Valkyrie in the centre and Dazzler on the left?

I think you'll need Dazzler in the center, so she takes the hit.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Dazzler doesn't need to be in the center. Try it out yourself, if you've the time/access.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023
    Options

I mean that does work, but you've go so little firepower you're cooked anyway.

Maybe 5switch might be a better third

Edit: nope, switch takes too much damage also

• HoundofShadow
    Options

If this team doesn't fit your playstyle, here's one that I used to climb shield sim to 2000:

https://streamable.com/kjzon0

The entire enemy team will be put on stun lock mode, unless bad cascades down her without triggering her passive.

I think I've used over 10-20 counter teams to Chasm/iHulk/She-Hulk for my mmr level.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Since we were wondering, with Mags red, any cascades from destroyed tiles do give AP to the enemy. Neither side gets AP from the tile itself being destroyed. The damage is pretty minimal. 250% is still going to be less than a match three in that color. So while it’s a bonus, it’s not doing a whole lot.

Blue hasn’t been as OP as I thought it’d be SO FAR. It is still a great power though and my favorite by far. Interesting the power reads pick a tile and destroy that color and its opposite. Since the power is “polar” coordination I like that thematic touch (even if the colors aren’t actually opposites).

Yellow for being a basic tile spam power is fun. I tried him with Grocket and he made 6 protects. I tried him with Wong casting the protect spell and mags made 6 strikes. I like the even Steven aspect of what otherwise would be a basic tile spam power.

Once yellow is fixed that’s the one I’d be sure to have at 5 covers. The free buff to protect tiles was my favorite part of his old kit. Unfortunately he won’t buff strikes because he himself won’t have the brotherhood tag. Ugh. Still I want the boost as high as possible and his yellow making more tiles.

I think 3/5/5 makes the most sense. If you’re like me, you’re blowing up colors that you aren’t using. So getting a possible 2 AP extra back in what may be a useless color is kind of meh. Like I said, the damage on red is inconsequential, so going from 3 to 5 covers you are just getting small bumps to already small damage, but 4 to 5 covers gives you an extra turn airborne. Depending on how you play him you may think 4 turns is too long to be out of the fight. So a case could be made for 5/5/3 as well.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    If this team doesn't fit your playstyle, here's one that I used to climb shield sim to 2000:

https://streamable.com/kjzon0

The entire enemy team will be put on stun lock mode, unless bad cascades down her without triggering her passive.

You very easily could've lost the example match. There are better options than your third to get the Dr. Thor+Riri stunlock.

4 turns is a long time for Mags to be out of the fight. I don't know if they could code this in, but IMO the enemy shouldn't be able to steal AP from a last man standing that's airborne. They shouldn't be reachable. It probably wouldn't be something you'd build a strategy around, but there are other examples of powers that only trigger when their teammates are downed.

• dianetics
    Options

He's obviously using Marvel to get the extra red early on and start to flood the board with charged tiles. It's cool and it works, but man it sure isn't efficient. Basically popping 3 health packs per match feels bad, so what exactly is the point?
    It's not slow though so that's good. Then again there are a lot of better 3rds for RiRi and SheThor. Still it's good to see the team can be knocked out with a variety of different teams.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Testing him out on a couple teams in SIM and I just don't see him being a viable counter to Chasm nor anyone I would regularly bring into battle vs one of my other 5s (i.e. Riri or even Wong). He's better but not by a lot and he is a definite liability on defense.

• dianetics
    Options

In sim against iShulk he's going to take 10% damage every time he comes back too. So he goes away for 4 turns then takes 10% damage, not going to work out too well over the long run.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Dazzler doesn't need to be in the center. Try it out yourself, if you've the time/access.

So Dazzler is triggering the stun off of the AoE damage? I was thinking she should be in the center so that the match damage would trigger her stun.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Characters I’ve found with the Brotherhood Tag so far:

5* (conspicuously absent from magneto himself)
    Havok

4*
    Frost
    Blob
    Dark Beast

3*
    Mystique
    Magneto

2*
    None (not this version of Magneto either)

1*
    Juggernaut

It should perhaps be noted that none of these characters create strikes without the aid of supports save 5* Magneto who doesn't have the tag himself, and many of these characters destroy tiles. I'm not really sure what the intended synergy with that passive is expected to do.