Upcoming Character Rebalances: 3* Doctor Octopus, 4* Dazzler, 5* Magneto

Options

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Daredevil217 said:
    I’m super excited to try him out. I think there are quite a few devastating combos to be discovered (and am sure someone will break him). I’m thinking the fact that all of his powers are active (except the tile buff) might reign him in a bit. Since all his damage is match damage or tile damage, I wonder if he's boostable by Okoye/Emma/Apoc (add that to my list of questions). Alot of the people I want to run him with have overlap on their best colors unfortunately (like Thoress/Riri). People I think would be fun to try in the tier:

Colossus
    Big Wheel
    Daredevil
    Electro
    Jean Grey
    Kamala Khan
    Kitty Pryde
    Loki
    Moon Knight
    Onslaught
    Professor X
    Sersi
    Shang-Chi
    Star-Lord
    Storm
    The Hulk (Banner)
    Yelena Belova

I agree. I actually wish they'd stop trying to cram bad Chasm counters into every single new character. Adding that stuff about webs and voids to his red just serves to distract from what's a really pretty good rework. People will try him against Chasm and he'll either not work at all or fail spectacularly, then they'll dismiss him as trash. We want one good Chasm counter, not 1000 terrible ones.

I know I'm likely alone on an island but I would prefer 1000 terrible ones.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Also, I bet there will be players talking about how they are forced to use one counter and then use reason like how they are classic or how they don't have enough LT to cover them if the counter is in Latest. :s

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Next characters on buff list are looking to be those in pves: Daken, The Hood, Green Goblin, Ares, Moonstone, Carbage, Kraven, God Emperor Doom, Bullseye and Ragnarok.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

I’d take a Goblin redo: especially my thoughts on an added passive: throw out a pumpkin bomb on any match-4 or higher. Fun stuff

• HoundofShadow
    Options

And make sure the Pumpkin Bomb is a character tile like Abyss tile or Tentacle tile. The board would look more interesting.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wild
    Wild
    West

We are in the Wild Wild West of mpq. I am so ready for it.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Next characters on buff list are looking to be those in pves: Daken, The Hood, Green Goblin, Ares, Moonstone, Carbage, Kraven, God Emperor Doom, Bullseye and Ragnarok.

Was this on Reddit or Discord (or MySpace, or Livejournal)?

• HoundofShadow
    Options

That's my thought. If the dev said this, I would quote them.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023
    Options

God Emporer Doom needs a biggy I think. his powers are just too expensive, or too limiting. His blue in theory is great, but in practice does very little. Since his blue healing is so hard to trigger, it means his yellow doesn't help much either. Also, considering the flavour text of "Fallen Favor" - "Doom Made you, and he can unmake you." to me sounds like a perfect opportunity to tack another Resurrection stopper onto.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,424 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:
    It's funny the first couple times to watch Bill murder himself, but it takes a while and makes things very slow. Worse, if there are already enough Protect tiles out on the board to minimize damage, it can essentially soft lock the game while Magneto plinks Bill for -1 over. and over. and over.

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing thinking about this.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

Throw in 4* Eddie Brock and you would solve the -1 damage problem. :D

• Omegased
    edited March 2023
    Options

Mag's red isn't working for me at the moment.

Running Mags/Kang/Switch and got him airborne, but nothing doing. Abyss tiles are being made as normal. on top of that, She-hulks "as above" proc'd when he returned from airborne

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A new skill that is buggy?
    I'm shocked.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Reworked or new abilities not working is a norm. BCS needs to hire a third party QA team to conduct an investigation on their QA team. >:)

• Bowgentle
    Options

I think at this point their QA team is Ice.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

Only one? :o

I've tested Magneto. His abilities work on special tiles and it triggered Kitty's attack tiles as well.

However, it stopped working completely if he's the last one in the team while airborne. Bring him with two 1* or 2*, fire his red against BRB/Kitty/Polaris and you'll see it.

• Omegased
    Options

It completely failed working against chasm, and against goons it worked the first few countdowns they created.

Is it set to 3 times per battle rather than per turn?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Magneto, eh? Well he definitely needed it and it looks promising. Mine has more covers than I thought but not champed, so I will probably have a spin in DDQ. Will we get a store for the rebalance?

Dazzler - I never use Dazzler and I never found her any fun. This doesn't look to change.

Doc Ock - Seems a strange one. To be honest all you need are the brilliant new 3* so Doc can retire but I guess when he comes around again I'll try him out then.

• Bowgentle
    edited March 2023
    Options

I don't really want to flog this dead horse again, but testing seriously needs to improve.
    Testing a skill that works against abyss and web tiles should maybe have been tested in a match against Chasm once.
    That should have shown that it's not working.