Kamar-Taj support

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

They already said they are waiting for approval. How difficult is it to understand this? You want them to bypass the approval process just to appease the impatient players? Is the ramification worth it? Is this support activated for use in pvp now?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023
    Options

You can be supportive, but still think something's going poorly hound.

It's not a matter about "not understanding", it's more "why implement if it's not ready"

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

The dev implemented nothing. All they did was release a new support that has zero impact in pvps and top level pves. Support being implemented for use in pves happened in 2018, and cash bundles for supports has already been implemented way before BCS took over.

As a matter of fact, this support, as of this post, is good as non-existent because it's pretty much useless.

If the dev activated supports in pvps now without telling us in advance and then implement supports in such a way that only cash bundles will allow you to acquire all other future new supports, then I agree that we should demand an answer from the dev immediately. And I would agree that they shouldn't implement activation of supports in pvps before approval is given.

Time to stop being petty over small matters like a useless support, as of this post, existing before approval for post about future implementation of supports. The dev might as well post nothing and the reaction could even be better.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Stop being reasonable, I want to see pitchforks!

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Stop being reasonable, I want to see pitchforks!

I was always good at killing most conversations... 🤐

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They are charging real-world money for this. I don't see how it's unreasonable to expect a forum post before they do that.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

Wong is dominating pvps and pves right now after the release of this new support. IHulk/Chasm has been decimated and players with champed Wong is getting T1/T5 in scl 10 after equipping him with this new R3 support. That explains why some are so concered.

Release of this particular new support is not the same as waiting for approval of release of details about the future of support.

• Scofie
    Options

@Borstock said:
    They are charging real-world money for this. I don't see how it's unreasonable to expect a forum post before they do that.

It's not unreasonable to expect one. But the drop of the offer does not immediately lead to a purchase. If you want to wait until the announcement to decide whether to purchase based on what the announcement says, like I have, then nobody has lost anything.

Had they delayed the store for the announcement and run it for one day less, nobody here would be saying "wow, I've only got 2 days to decide whether to buy the support now".

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

There are already players purchasing and enjoying the usage of this new support, while others are still waiting and demanding the dev to bypass the approval process and to release the details immediately.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't this type of post be out there BEFORE the offer. I don't quite understand why the cart is put before the horse so often.

Flogging, shopping cart, dead horse.

Rearrange until you chuckle.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Dropping a potentially major shift to the economy of a 9 year old live service game is a big deal. Especially one that is p2w like this could be if it worked in pvp. It should not be done without at least some announcement about plans and intent. (Imagine if LTs and SS had just dropped in September 2015 with no prior statements from demi?)

There is obviously no reason to be rude or abuse BCS, and no this is not the end of the world. It is a huge issue in the world of MPQ abd players are perfectly right be curious/alamred/interested about what is happening.

• Scofie
    Options

@dianetics said:

@Scofie said:
    It's not unreasonable to expect one. But the drop of the offer does not immediately lead to a purchase. If you want to wait until the announcement to decide whether to purchase based on what the announcement says, like I have, then nobody has lost anything.

Had they delayed the store for the announcement and run it for one day less, nobody here would be saying "wow, I've only got 2 days to decide whether to buy the support now".

We knew a new support was coming because of the update release notes.
    People asked about it several times since the last game update 2 weeks ago.

They knew this was coming, and they dropped the ball.

I get not being angry but you should be expecting more from BCS on this.

Dropping a store with no information on what their plans are is pretty ****.

Yes, I'm pretty sure nobody thinks the notice shouldn't go out before the store. And yes, they dropped the ball, and, yes they shouldn't have. Whilst I know these things happen, they have a number of times recently and that's evaporating the goodwill of us all.

My point was that there is no obligation to buy, no impact from not buying it, and therefore no real impact from the lack of announcement so I do not feel aggrieved by it. If others do, fair enough, but, once the announcement does eventually arrive, have a think about how your world would have been different had it been on time.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't think I see anything rude and abusive in here, though?

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Making mountain out of molehill has been happening since Demiurge's days. I'm waiting for you guys to take over the management of MPQ so that everything runs perfectly. We have expert coders, persuaders, communicators, project managers etc in this forum. It's a shame that the rest of the playerbase can't have you guys in the development team. :/

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They totally could have waited a week too. Just because something is ready to go doesn’t mean they have to release it right away.

If their advertising and community communication wasn’t ready then they should have just held it back.

We don’t lose anything waiting but BCS loses by appearing unready. It’s a common the left hand doesn’t know what the right is doing situation. It’s just a bad look.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    Making mountain out of molehill has been happening since Demiurge's days. I'm waiting for you guys to take over the management of MPQ so that everything runs perfectly. We have expert coders, persuaders, communicators, project managers etc in this forum. It's a shame that the rest of the playerbase can't have you guys in the development team. :/

It's not one or the other. I can appreciate that BCS is doing a good job while still thinking they could be doing better and not trying to take over management. According to this logic, one should never criticize a movie unless you make your own. Or ever question a sports decision unless you play or own a team.

Yeah, not seeing a straight line between asking "this seems like a not great thing that happened; will it be rectified any time soon?" and declaring "I could definitely run that company without any problems!"

But I suppose it makes a great straw-man.