Kamar-Taj support

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

That sounds... Ominous.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

Of course it's tied to Dr. Strange. No surprise there.

Has anyone purchased it? What are the other tiers cost and resources?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Last tier has 500 Shang shards.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023

@HoundofShadow said:
    I'm surprised no one is screaming P2W yet.

That's because it's been pay-to-win ever since the new devs took over with a new mandate. It's a little late to cry wolf after the sheep have been eaten -- and maybe the shepherdling, too.

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023

I'm going to be honest - if supports start showing up in PVP, this is some ****. A 5star support that basically kneecaps the two meta characters? C'mon man...

Just nerf Chasm. Is it too hard to admit you guys made a stupid character on your first try?

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker

@allen_koholic said:
    I'm going to be honest - if supports start showing up in PVP, this is some tinykitty. A 5star support that basically kneecaps the two meta characters? C'mon man...

I think a support that kneecaps Chasm sounds like a great way to level PVP.

Note, though, that this is not a "5star support." In fact, it doesn't even require rank 5 -- it just requires that you use a Kamar Taj character. Even 3* Doctor Strange would work.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm not sure how much it's P2W as it is "give us ALL your money". If it was P2W, they'd constantly be throwing meta offers at us. To be fair, that's not at all what they've been doing. There's just been a monumental uptick in offers period.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,114 Chairperson of the Boards

When does Kamar Taj rotate into the Latest Support Store? 😉

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:
    Thanks for this thread. We have an official post that is currently wrapping up approvals that help to clarify some points and give some further insight on the future of Supports. Should answer a few questions and spawn some discussion.

So where's this official post? Or should I go look on the real forum on reddit?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

They've already said they are waiting for approval. Stop being impatient.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023

This is not the first time something went live before an official post is made.

I'm not sure how it's embarassing because both give different details. The only details we can see in-game is description of its effects, who can equip it and its bundle. However, the approval that devpool is talking about is related to:

"wrapping up approvals that help to clarify some points and give some further insight on the future of Supports."

Ask yourself this question, with just one support and its bundle out, how can you determine the future of support? Or have some concluded that all supports by BCS will be available for cash bundles only?

The discussion I see in reddit is largely whether supports will be available in pvp or will pve have more revival-meta CN because the bonus effect of this support has no use in pve, as of now.

And on top of that, the dev has posted in this thread that they are waiting for approval and someone has to ask where the official announcement is. Unless the dev said they've gotten approval, then it makes sense to ask where the official announcement is.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023

Maybe you want to apply for a job with 505 since you like to dictate how they do things? >:)

Demiurge has failed.
    BCS has failed.
    Alternatively, we could petition Epic Games or Blizzard to run MPQ. They've one of the biggest developer teams in the world, and they can easily assign one employee to each role in MPQ and they'll still have a lot of reserves. With them in charge, we won't be getting problems that we are facing for the past 9 years. Bugs will be solved within 24 hours, compensations work out within a day and we get new events every week or two.

• HoundofShadow

Let's look at the facts rationally.

1) there is a new support out, purchaseable with only cash bundle, and the level is capped at R3.
    2) the dev is still waiting for approval regarding to some info much more important.

Currently, some players are making a mountain out of molehill because existence of a new support preceded the official announcement of something that requires approval and that something contains information much more important and impactful than this new support existence.

If we look at the impact of this new support on the competitive level, it has zero impact. Why? Nobody uses Mordo. Wong is trash. And this support is useless on SC. His core teammates don't use yellow and R1 and a one-time 15% burst heal is neglible. The bonus effect is currently useless as well.

In essence, the existence of this support is pretty much useless or non-existence, even if it's locked behind a paywall.

However, if only this support is available for use in pvp right now, then players should be questioning the dev and demand quick reponse because the impact is huge.