Developers response

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There's zero difference between testing a 450 vs 450 mmr and 550 vs 550 mr. The number of turns used to beat the the opposing team, assuming the same exact outcome, is the same for both 450 and 550.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    There's zero difference between testing a 450 vs 450 mmr and 550 vs 550 mr. The number of turns used to beat the the opposing team, assuming the same exact outcome, is the same for both 450 and 550.

That's true if every character is tuned to 550 or to 450. Most top end players kept their iHulk purposely below the max limit even before Chasm because they wanted the ability for Okoye to tank over them. The tougher Chasm/iHulk matches are the ones with a good spread between Chasm and iHulk since those don't eventually result in iHulk tanking colors which keeps Chasm from spewing out Abyss tiles. I'll fight a 500 chasm/iHulk anytime with my much smaller toons anytime, it isn't really that hard to beat if you bring good team ups and pay attention to the board. I'll skip a 500 Chasm / 450 iHulk every time, those matches require perfect timing to pull off the win.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

I suppose you are talking about pick-2 pvps. In Pick-2, you largely don't need perfect timing, depending on who you use. The previous boost week which had mThor/Iceman took care of them with ease. Okoye/Jessica Jone would need some good timing. With Kang/Hit-Monkey, you don't need perfect timing anymore. If you want to save time, +4 red aps, match red and down iHulk and you will be taking down Chasm with ease. Chasm is useless on defense without iHulk.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think he was talking about the mirror match.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Oops. I missed that. With so many counters available, why are non-550 or close to 550 playing still playing mirror matches against them? Oh, nobody attacks them and they can float high.

• entrailbucket
    Options

It's defense, which matters a lot. I mean, if I threw out an unboosted Hit Monkey team I'd immediately lose 500+ points to incoming attacks.

I know, because I've tried that, and that's what happened.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mod note: Split off a discussion on Chasm which can be found here. Also removed a few off-topic posts. Please keep this thread on topic. Thank you.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Zarqa said:
    This forum is full of the same few people having the same circular argument week after week. Here’s another prime example. No wonder the Devs choose to also post elsewhere to reach the players.

At least on Reddit I feel there’s more variety to the posts, which leads to variety of visitors, which (I think) leads to a larger community.

I like reading the forum discussions here, but some of you should just get your own Line room so you can continue your yelling to each other there in private.

Is that really a good reason for them to not post on their own official forum? If they want certain topics to be off-limits or they don't like certain posters...they make the rules here, just ban that stuff.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

As far as Chasm/iHulk is concerned, the viewpoint isn't that much diverse. For new characters' threads, there are more varieties of responses in reddit compared to here.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

I got a gut feeling that when what's new mpq gets updated the boost list will be something like ihulk one week, Chasm the next week, and both that third week. Just to troll all of us.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    I got a gut feeling that when what's new mpq gets updated the boost list will be something like ihulk one week, Chasm the next week, and both that third week. Just to troll all of us.

I don't think we had a Chasm boost week since his release, which is quite telling in itself.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't think Chasm has been boosted in roughly 6 months.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

January.... you were close!

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

I’m still waiting for Arcade and Emma to get a boost week that doesn’t feature MThor or Chasm. Just saying.

• entrailbucket
    Options

I haven't noticed...are they rotating which 5* are in each set of 4, or is it the same boosted set of 4 every time?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They rotate some because they have to put the new 5s into the rotation, so eventually the 5s will be mixed up. But I don't think they shuffle between sets on purpose.

• IrisRyu
    Options

It seemed like there was a period there where the 5*’s would be boosted after they dropped out of LL’s. I’m pretty sure that was the case for KK-Chasm. The schedule got a little wonky with Shulk and it doesn’t seem to be a part of the current boost plan anymore. I liked it as a sort of bonus gift for the grind.

I don’t think Emma or Arcade has been boosted since their initial release windows, except for that new dev character boost week where neither saw any play (outside of PVE). 1,000% selfishly, I want them boosted together, but am not betting on it.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

Emma being boosted or not doesn't make much difference. Her core usage is her 70% power boost at the start of the game. Her blue and purple main usage are also the same, regardless of 450 or 569.

Arcade, on the other hand, would be interesting. Put 1/2 Thor with him and his AoE would be wiping out teams quickly.

• IrisRyu
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Emma being boosted or not doesn't make much difference. Her core usage is her 70% power boost at the start of the game. Her blue and purple main usage are also the same, regardless of 450 or 569.

Arcade, on the other hand, would be interesting. Put 1/2 Thor with him and his AoE would be wiping out teams quickly.

Thanks; I get how Emm5’s powers work. I just want to see her tank at maximum efficiency and boosted she clocks in at 366k HP and does approx. 24k per match-3. Do you, but the extra covers make a difference to me.