Developers response

Options

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

@nycjonny said:
    I have all the “tools”’mentioned and remain unconvinced that a true revive counter that is also decent on defense exists as of yet… unless they are also boosted. Though most are fun to play.

Yea. A decent amount of breaks need to still go my way to come out on top.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I usually don't pay attention to the stats until they hit the streets so to speak, and even then really not till i champ them. I thought she seemed interesting before but I haven't been watching that thread to see what happened to Magik.

I would say that the bit of OP's question that didn't get addressed is why the offical forums are the last place information shows up, usually second or thirdhand by people who frequent reddit/discord to bring it back.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2023
    Options

Yea no, when it comes to EotS ZERO effort was made here. Anyone who has played SCL10 would have noticed straight away that the nodes were not updated and went, "yea let's not run this, it's not ready".

You guys need to put more manpower into updating and aligning events and improving the overall gaming experience that has been dragging this game down for years. New characters can wait.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bzhai said:
    Yea no, when it comes to EotS ZERO effort was made here. Anyone who has played SCL10 would have noticed straight away that the nodes were not updated and went, "yea let's not run this, it's not ready".

You guys need to put more manpower into updating and aligning events and improving the overall gaming experience that has been dragging this game down for years. New characters can wait.

The thing is, New characters can NOT wait.
    Their business model is selling roster slots.
    No new characters, no revenue from people buying HP for slots, game dies.
    So everything else is a very distant third behind new characters and daily cash offers.
    Which is ok!
    Just don't ask them to hold off on new characters because that will never, ever happen.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023
    Options

@StanleyBurrell said:

@justsing said:
    I've stopped playing PVP aside from a few matches here and there thanks to Chasm. I'm clearly not seeing this "less and less of a dominant player in the PVP scene" thing that you guys are seeing.......

Same here. I have 4 550’s and struggle to beat a pair of 460’s. It’s honestly a joke. Sign into my account and go find something without Chasm.

Hint.. you won’t. Since I’m in 550 MMR it’s all I get to see though. PvP is a horrible experience and it seems with the recent run of EotS PvE is heading down that same path.

My only recommendation is to play 50 wins, it would be better for your sanity. Or play in coordinated group and ride the cupcake train.

• Codex
    Options

@Eirikr56 said:
    Chasm has ruined this game and the fact that the people running it don't seem to understand that is pretty ridiculous. If Magik had outsized power and affected the meta that would be a good thing for the game.

The response from the community should be a sign that we don't have a lot of confidence that you are doing a good job. That's rough, it's harsh. What are you going to do about it?

If it's not chasm then mThor. If not mThor then it would be Kang.

At this point please don't nerf chasm, just make a hard counter for him. You would not need offer compensation. Ppl would spend for the counter. And best reason to do it...every other discussion would not turn into a chasm debate.

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Codex said:

@StanleyBurrell said:

@justsing said:
    I've stopped playing PVP aside from a few matches here and there thanks to Chasm. I'm clearly not seeing this "less and less of a dominant player in the PVP scene" thing that you guys are seeing.......

Same here. I have 4 550’s and struggle to beat a pair of 460’s. It’s honestly a joke. Sign into my account and go find something without Chasm.

Hint.. you won’t. Since I’m in 550 MMR it’s all I get to see though. PvP is a horrible experience and it seems with the recent run of EotS PvE is heading down that same path.

My only recommendation is to play 50 wins, it would be better for your sanity. Or play in coordinated group and ride the cupcake train.

I hear you. The biggest frustration is even if I use the breadth of my roster nearly all I see is 550 Chasm until I break through. It’s honestly easier just not to play 😂

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Chasm really is a special case. Not only does he ruin other players experience (not the worst thing) he absolutely ruins your own experience (definitely the worst thing). He actively* makes it so trying to use the vast majority of your roster on a team with him is a frustrating AP draining bore fest. He is basically the mean girl in Charlie Brown who moves the 🏈 as Charlie is about to kick it. The only way to stop mean girls is to not let them play.

*No passively which is even more terrible! If it was actively you could at least choose not to kneecap anybody!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Here's some good news via reddit for Chasm haters:

First response (I copied only reply related to Chasm)

"As for Chasm, his performance is nominal right up until you put him in that cocktail that is tough as nails to keep down. Without his buddies and without some of the tools we've added (and are adding), he's a monster that's become more manageable with time.

Thanks for the reply!"

*Second reponse"

"And if this latest set of releases doesn’t pan out as we’d like with regards to Chasm’s success, our next step will be to apply a rebalance to him."

The good news is, if the latest set of releases doesn't give them the result they want, Chasm will be nerfed. The one question is, who are part of this "latest set of releases"? The bad news is, if it gives the dev results that they like, then Chasm won't be nerfed. Key phrases: pan out as we'd like.

The second bad news is Chasm haters are probably stuck with this for a couple more months.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mod note: I have removed a few posts that were decidedly off-topic. Please keep this discussion on topic. Thank you.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I can’t say I was overly excited for her kit before it got nerfed, just doesn’t match my play or needs. However, I really wish the idea that we can’t have powerful characters because they will be hard to beat in PVP would go away.

It’s just my opinion, but PvP needs an overhaul altogether. Instead of always looking for milk toast characters so it can function properly. It makes the game less fun to have weak 5* in an any capacity.

Themed PVP seems to work out much better. Until the “OP” character hits the scene on one of them. Anyway, I don’t have skin in the game on this one, I don’t really run Chasm much. Just wish we could have nice things without people running into the ice cream shop and complaining that the new flavors outshine their favorite and need to be switched out for vanilla.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@jp1 said:
    I can’t say I was overly excited for her kit before it got nerfed, just doesn’t match my play or needs. However, I really wish the idea that we can’t have powerful characters because they will be hard to beat in PVP would go away.

It’s just my opinion, but PvP needs an overhaul altogether. Instead of always looking for milk toast characters so it can function properly. It makes the game less fun to have weak 5* in an any capacity.

Themed PVP seems to work out much better. Until the “OP” character hits the scene on one of them. Anyway, I don’t have skin in the game on this one, I don’t really run Chasm much. Just wish we could have nice things without people running into the ice cream shop and complaining that the new flavors outshine their favorite and need to be switched out for vanilla.

Who's asking for weak 5*? I want the exact opposite of that. We already HAVE a ton of weak 5s. I want Wasp to be as strong as Chasm, and every new character to be about that strong as well.

People asking for Chasm to stay unchanged are the ones asking for weak 5* -- they want Chasm to stay the way he is, making every other character weak by comparison.

• Codex
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Here's some good news via reddit for Chasm haters:

First response (I copied only reply related to Chasm)

"As for Chasm, his performance is nominal right up until you put him in that cocktail that is tough as nails to keep down. Without his buddies and without some of the tools we've added (and are adding), he's a monster that's become more manageable with time.

So based this reply, does it not make sense to nerf ihulk. Add 5 turn revive limit and be done with it. I don't believe this effect ihulk viability in PvE. So win-win?

• jp1
    edited March 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@jp1 said:

Who's asking for weak 5*? I want the exact opposite of that. We already HAVE a ton of weak 5s. I want Wasp to be as strong as Chasm, and every new character to be about that strong as well.

People asking for Chasm to stay unchanged are the ones asking for weak 5* -- they want Chasm to stay the way he is, making every other character weak by comparison.

There is always someone to rally the troops and get people asking for a nerf, not you just speaking generally here. It has happened time and again and will happen moving forward for the foreseeable future for two reasons…

1. Powerful characters that move the needle cause people to stop hoarding resources and bring the game economy back into full swing. Not to mention rejuvenating PVE in meaningful ways. For this reason they are necessary. A new meta is always being requested and when middle of the road characters are released the resounding “meh” probably doesnt fall on deaf ears any longer.
    2. PVP focused players who want their climbs to be quick and easy don’t like anyone that will hinder that progress or slow it down. Meaning the characters who will move the needle for one half of the game will make it worse for the other.

I don’t want a roster of equivalent characters and I have almost all of them champed (save the newest trio). I want diversity in power levels with a good baseline. So my ideal character budget would raise the bar for weak 5*s and be extended to even broader scope for meta releases. It’s just so boring (in my opinion) for everyone to be equivalent. It also doesn’t feel like true Marvel which has a real power scale for their IP. There are some characters who should scare you on the opposing team.

The ship has sailed on it being the characters that match comic power levels, but at least we still have some power diversity going on. Not nerfing Chasm means stronger counters must be released. I think this is best for both sides.

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options

This all just looks like history repeating itself where Chasm is Gambit and Riri, Hit Monkey, etc. are the "counters" (AA, Beardcap) that followed...

• jp1
    edited March 2023
    Options

I wonder how these win rates are calculated and what an ideal win rate might be. Who are the characters going against in these testings? How low can a win rate be before intervention? Are boosts part of this equation?

I think the new team is awesome, I just don’t understand why trash tier 5s is still a thing, while meta characters must be dealt with swiftly.

I acknowledge and appreciate the efforts to rebalance old 5s, but honestly it barely moved the needle for any of them. It’s a light bump, while the nerfs are generally full destruction of a useful character.