***** Kang (The Conqueror) *****

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

@_TrashPanda said:
    It says "unchanged" so it's probably some sort of error given that Ghost doesn't feed HM right now

Maybe she'll actually feed hopefully 5* Ant-Man (Giant Man)

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards

Am I reading his blue right? If you get 27 blue AP, enough to fire it 3x in one turn, you win the match, don't you?

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor

@_TrashPanda said:

@capnthordo said:
    I’m disappointed that it’s Cap A and Wasp in the Kang store. I was fully anticipating YJ/Wasp and looking forward to finishing YJ.

That would have been better

That would have been more thematic. Better? Still got Wasp in it...

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 80 Match Maker

So Kang, Monkey, and ...Wanda, DocThor, or Crystal are the new anti-Immortal team?

• capnthordo
    capnthordo Posts: 16 Just Dropped In

@St_Bernadus said:

@_TrashPanda said:

@capnthordo said:
    I’m disappointed that it’s Cap A and Wasp in the Kang store. I was fully anticipating YJ/Wasp and looking forward to finishing YJ.

That would have been better

That would have been more thematic. Better? Still got Wasp in it...

I would have been willing to take the Wasp hits to finish YJ and get some Kang. hahaha

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    Hahahahahaha, I overlooked his black power doing 30,000 damage at lvl450, for 6ap. It's got some self/friendly damage tacked onto it but that's hardly a downside.

Yeah, it sets a new standard for 5* nukes. I think only ihulk's residents comes close, and even then 6ap is a whole lot better than 7.

Do active nukes like this really matter in the current meta? Passive damage and hyper damage like SC (who can reliably do 100k+ for 1-3ap) are the the standard nowadays. So it seems to me that if Kang is going to join the meta it will because of his away and Cd/ap passives.

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited February 2023

@HoundofShadow said:
    Deathlok + Vulture + Kang = 3 blue/black ap gained every turn. When Vultures starts flying, it's 6 blue and 5 black every turn.
    Whoever has supports that gives +6 black ap at the start of the game wins.

Good thing supports only work on pve.

@Omegased said:
    That black countdown confuses me.

does the counter go up, every time you don't hit the targeted character?

If I got it correctly, you can only have one of those black CDs out, so each time you use the power when one is out it increases the CD.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards

Ohh excited for Kang.

Disappointed I need to wait another month to pull my hoard.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

There are three Chasm nerf threads on the main page. Please move that discussion to one of those. I recommend this one. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87603/the-chahulk-meta#latest. Further will be removed as off topic.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

Just to be clear, any discussion about Chasm in a thread about a character that's designed to counter Chasm is off-topic?

And you chose only to remove my response, rather than the post above mine that's explicitly calling for a Chasm nerf?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

My comment got moved to the nerf Chasm thread. I don't think I'm an advocate of Chasm's nerf. As a matter of fact, I'm pro-counter and anti-nerf. :o

His abilities are obviously designed to counter Chasm. :s

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker

My level 360 Thing is finally good for something!!!

• Siv75
    Siv75 Posts: 52 Match Maker

I can see Kang being useful for those difficult nodes on agents of shield too...

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

Well, finally the hard counter restoring any AP drained. Good! Finally MPQ can be a collecting AP game once more, every time you bring khan, nothing will prevent him from gaining blue except blue voids. Only characters like BRB, r4g , wong etc... will be nerfed by chasm.
    The last attempt for the devs to not harm chasm!
    The 3* version restores AP too but obviously will break facing Ihulk.
    Without a doubt khang has superior powers! And Mthor can destroy his away cd but he will gain blue.
    So khang could be vulnerable to Mthor but
    not really much.
    I think it's a great villain developing cd meta and away, and countering chasm and sending away is the reason for his existence.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards

Yup. I’m breaking the hoard when he pops up. Let’s go Away mechanic!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

So Kang/Hawkeye/Coulson for maximum away?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    So Kang/Hawkeye/Coulson for maximum away?

Pretty much, could also do the BRB Polaris thing. There are probably other tricks I'm missing, and any support that gives free blue is about to become very popular.