*** Kang (Classic) ***

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

If you weren't around for the 0/0/5 3* Gambit + Gwen team, this is basically that. They fixed that one relatively quickly -- I want to say it was within a few weeks. 5* Gambit went on to dominate all modes of the game for 9 months or a year.

I'm not sure what this new group will do. Should be fun to watch! Remember Away is currently not working as written, and we have confirmation that they're working on improving it.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I think they fixed Gambatt within a week.
    I remember having the most fun time in MPQ for two PVPs with him.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    I think they fixed Gambatt within a week.
    I remember having the most fun time in MPQ for two PVPs with him.

Same. I loved Gambattery for the 2+ weeks he was viable!

KGB

• entrailbucket

I think quite a few people were initially defending it as intentional/beneficial, too, and then changed their minds when it became 100% of all PvP fights.

This is a little different, because that team was super annoying on defense, but it's the same sort of idea.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

@Blackstone said:

@turbomoose said:
    3* Kang reminds me of when gambit ended before getting nerfed

I wonder if this 3* will get the same treatment, just beat Okoye at 184k health by sending her away

Counter argument: that okoye could easily get that win back with little effort.

@entrailbucket said:
    I think quite a few people were initially defending it as intentional/beneficial, too, and then changed their minds when it became 100% of all PvP fights.

It was super annoying on defence because Thing was the third partner who would jump in front and protect Gambit so you needed an aoe or a big instant nuke. In the meantime you were stunned.

Also I don't think @turbomoose will mind an Okoye retal given his roster.

• entrailbucket

Here's a video showing the Hawkeye/Deadpool/3* Kang team in action. It'd work the same way with 5* Kang.

https://streamable.com/kchwjm

Hawkeye is 550 here, but the full enemy team is also 550, so I figure it balances out. 46 seconds to beat 550 Chasm/Hulk/Colossus.

Sorry to the player I sniped, it was for science!

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker

Observation from the video, and from my own experimenting with that team - you only get the 27 blue because of a ridiculous cascade early doors against you. My experience was the opposite in it was just a single match and then chasm's passive damage wiped out the lower health characters. So whilst yes it definitely means that quick matches are possible, its nowhere near close to being a guarantee

• entrailbucket

I think it depends on everybody's relative levels.

You'd get 4 CD tiles each turn for sure (2 from hulk's passive, one from match damage and one from Chasm's passive), so you'd need to be able to survive for two full turns + get one extra damage trigger in there somewhere. With Hulk's passive destroying tiles, that seems possible. You might need some luck if your levels are very low.

Also if you haven't had the joy of facing that team before, notice that I ate something like 150,000 damage before being able to move the board at all.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

@entrailbucket said:
    Here's a video showing the Hawkeye/Deadpool/3* Kang team in action. It'd work the same way with 5* Kang.

https://streamable.com/kchwjm

Hawkeye is 550 here, but the full enemy team is also 550, so I figure it balances out. 46 seconds to beat 550 Chasm/Hulk/Colossus.

Sorry to the player I sniped, it was for science!

Where are all the 1 turn countdown tiles coming from?

• entrailbucket

Deadpool creates a CD tile every time one of his teammates takes more than 2000 or so damage.

• Sp1d3r

I thought that but I thought it only kicked in if the 1 taking the damage had less health than deadpool

• Sp1d3r

My bad the suit threw me it's 4* deadpool ain't it lol

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards

So, I was under the impression that Kang winning a multi-wave node on wave 1 would award full points. That doesn't appear to be the case in this PvE.

• entrailbucket

Someone in the other Kang thread said that it gives full points sometimes but not every time, and he couldn't figure out the conditions. It may just be random.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

Ugh. Carbage kept killing off my Kang Cheese. Stupid underleveled Hawkeye. I had to switch to Shang-Chi.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    Someone in the other Kang thread said that it gives full points sometimes but not every time, and he couldn't figure out the conditions. It may just be random.

I just love having to guess.

• entrailbucket

Nope, I'm actually cool with Kang now. He's way, way too good, but so are about 6 or 7 other guys. He helps counter some of those other broken guys, so I wouldn't support a nerf unless they fix all the others first.

• Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker

We all know the real problem here, someone start up the 'nerf IM-40' thread! Well, start another one, we haven't had that request since around 2016 after the IM-40 buff.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

I'd be ok if they necroed the old one...