*** Kang (Classic) ***

Comments

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 596 Critical Contributor

@entrailbucket said:

@Blackstone said:

@turbomoose said:
    3* Kang reminds me of when gambit ended before getting nerfed

I wonder if this 3* will get the same treatment, just beat Okoye at 184k health by sending her away

Counter argument: that okoye could easily get that win back with little effort.

Sure, except the retal is likely to be worth between 1 and 10 points. Most players won't want to get that win back.

If the retal is only worth 1-10 points, they're not doing very well with that team.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

I mean, most 3* players don't generally put up crazy PvP scores? Don't people complain about losing -75s to underleveled "cheesy" Shang-Chi teams?

• entrailbucket

Haven't seen anyone mention this yet -- 3* Kang appears to have about twice as much health as any other 3*. When he's boosted it gets well over 100k with him at high level. Not sure if that's intentional but it's weird

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah they're going crazy with 3* health levels.
    Arcade was beefy too.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

IM40, Sentry, and Kang can do things in the node of DDQ.

• entrailbucket
    edited February 2023

@Bowgentle said:
    Yeah they're going crazy with 3* health levels.
    Arcade was beefy too.

Yep, although it looks like Kang goes way past that. At 266, Arcade has 26,000 health, which is quite a bit higher than the next highest guy (Thanos, at 19,000).

Doing some quick back-of-the-envelope math, it looks like Kang is going to end up around 40-50,000.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

Here is my experience with him in PvP at level 185

• His health and match damage are higher than the other 3s. I'm not used to 3s tanking any colors
    • I love that I can kill two enemies and send the third one away for the victory
    • I sent two enemies away, the third enemy stunned my Kang which gave me plenty of time to collect 9 blue AP to send the last one away when Kang unstunned
    • The enemy Kang sent my teammate away, I killed their Kang, and my teammate returned on the same turn
    • The enemy Kang used black so I left him last and he awayed himself for a funny victory
    • You DON'T need to place a CD to send the last enemy away. I had a board full of special times and used Kang's blue. The enemy will go away and immediately return, but the victory will still happen!

I am still in 4* land so I was able to I try the following teammates to various degrees of success:

• Polaris, BRB
    • Vulture, Deathlok
    • Medusa, 4* Carnage
    • 4* Captain Marvel, 4* Wasp
    • Miles, Spider Gwen
    • Mantis/Blob, Agent Colson
    • Green Goblin, Abigail

Sidenote: 4* Starlord against Goons sounds interesting

• Sekilicious
    edited February 2023

I saw a recommendation that a reasonable nerf would be you could send 2 characters away but had to kill the last. I have no clue what this change would do. The blue ap battery is pretty good on its own.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

Well I've just easily beat a team of BRB,kitty and polaris with a 3* team

• entrailbucket

I thought being able to punch up was a good thing?

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

@entrailbucket said:

I'm not complaining 😁

• Sekilicious
    edited February 2023

Yeah I don’t particularly care either. Good kill, hopefully you aren’t targeted too hard on retaliation. I await the nerf threads, though they never appeared for Shang-Chi.

• entrailbucket

Someone should try 3* Kang, 3* Scarlet Witch and 2* Magneto against 5*. Kang's crazy high health and match damage should let lower tier teammates stay alive for long enough to win.

• Sekilicious
    edited February 2023

@Sp1d3r said:

@entrailbucket said:

I'm not complaining 😁

What did Hawkguy do on that team? Oh wait. Enemy tiles. Got it.

• entrailbucket

Yeah, blue has the most (and best) AP batteries in the game. I get why this ability had to be blue, because you can't have this thing AND a really strong stun on the same team, but it means that there's a ton of battery infrastructure to support it.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

@entrailbucket said:
    Yeah, blue has the most (and best) AP batteries in the game. I get why this ability had to be blue, because you can't have this thing AND a really strong stun on the same team, but it means that there's a ton of battery infrastructure to support it.

True, but it could had been on another color with an added drawback

"Kang sends targeted enemy away. This results in the remaining enemies to push back. When at least enemy is away, enemies are immune to stun"

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Immune to stun is not even a drawback when you can send Away and win the game.

Immune to Away characters coming in the next couple of months.

• entrailbucket

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

True, but it could had been on another color with an added drawback

"Kang sends targeted enemy away. This results in the remaining enemies to push back. When at least enemy is away, enemies are immune to stun"

That's a pretty good workaround! I think that's the sort of thing they're going to have to start doing if they want to keep pushing the power level like this. They haven't really done anything like that before though.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

Are you talking about old or new devs?

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

I tried using the 3* because my 5* has one cover. And wow. Never thought I’d clear this fast with two 3*s.

Blue Man Group:

5* Hawkeye (R5 Peni)
    3* IM40 (R5 Korg)
    3* Kang

Boosts: None

Peni is an 80% chance for 6 yellow.
    If it doesn’t proc, Korg is 70% for 3 yellow, so I need to make a single yellow match.

Hawkeye protects the CDs if they survive turn 1. Once they expire the match is over. Yikes.