*** Kang (Classic) ***

Comments

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

Fighting against kang in pvp he sends himself away then u only need to send the other 2 away 😄

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,803 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

@Daredevil217 said:
    I tried using the 3* because my 5* has one cover. And wow. Never thought I’d clear this fast with two 3*s.

Blue Man Group:

5* Hawkeye (R5 Peni)
    3* IM40 (R5 Korg)
    3* Kang

Boosts: None

Peni is an 80% chance for 6 yellow.
    If it doesn’t proc, Korg is 80% 3 yellow, so I need to make a single yellow match.

Hawkeye protects the CDs if they survive turn 1. Once they expire the match is over. Yikes.

Yeah, I posted a video of this combo in the thread about the 5*. The consensus appears to be that this is actually a good thing, since it allows literally everyone to punch up and win any match in a few moves. Why would you want players to have a harder time playing the game?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

Yeah the 3* is busted.
    Like, Gambatt level of busted.
    Sure, you need Hawkeye, but still.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

Funny. I just reread every comment after you posted that video and the only mentions ‘punching up’ are here and by the same person. Everyone else either talks about the mechanics or predicts a nerf in the near future.

• entrailbucket

That's so weird...I must have imagined people saying that PvE was already fast and that it didn't matter if it got faster.

• entrailbucket

@Sekilicious said:
    Yeah I don’t particularly care either. Good kill, hopefully you aren’t targeted too hard on retaliation. I await the nerf threads, though they never appeared for Shang-Chi.

This seems weird too.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

The weird thing is, many are preparing for Kang's nerf. And deep down, everyone knows it's inevitable.

• entrailbucket

I guess maybe there's a difference between wanting a nerf and knowing it's inevitable, and that's what I'm not seeing?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

What kind of players would support and benefit from Kang's nerf?

• entrailbucket

Anyone who cares about competition. Anyone who prefers a game that requires some thought or effort to win fights. Anyone who's invested money or time into their roster pre-Kang and would like for that to mean something.

Who wouldn't support and benefit from Kang's nerf?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Honestly… this **** is stupid.
    Hilarious in a broken tier aspect.

I used a 111 3* to truck the cl10 challenge node

I don’t know what the new devs want but surely this is not the desired output.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    That's so weird...I must have imagined people saying that PvE was already fast and that it didn't matter if it got faster.

Oh I see. You took me suggesting to hound that his clear times would be seen across the board and me complementing a player on finding a good combination out of context to push a narrative. Here I thought you just made them up whole cloth this time. My bad.

• entrailbucket

So when you said "I await the nerf threads," you weren't being sarcastic? You're actually hoping that players start threads asking for him to be nerfed? In that case, I apologize.

• entrailbucket

@dianetics said:
    Honestly… this **** is stupid.
    Hilarious in a broken tier aspect.

I used a 111 3* to truck the cl10 challenge node

I don’t know what the new devs want but surely this is not the desired output.

Of course it's broken. Anyone defending this is not doing so in good faith. He's clearly overpowered and a total disaster for balance.

• dianetics

I used it, and I lol’d
    A 180 and 200 and 375 trucked a challenge node faster than I ever had.

You cannot help but sit back and laugh.

I an now questioning if the devs even understand the interactions between different status’s

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

I think I can be convinced that this can stay. Now that I’ve played it myself, it does remove significant time. It also isn’t viable in pick two, so that will likely be what delineates placement/clear times now.

I do feel like my placement will be lower now that basically anyone can clear these nodes in three turns. I ended up joining a flip late (I was busy). Usually I can climb back into top 10 even 20 minutes late. That definitely did not happen this time. It will be interesting to see if the shakes up the leader boards at all or not really.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

Also, does anyone have a good suggestion for a support for Kang? I don’t have a high level Vintage Shield (which gives yellow). I think the two supports I have are likely enough. But I do have a slot for a third. It’s just the villain tag makes it tough to find anything that will help.

Poor Hulk is officially stripped of his Peni. 3* Kang just walked in and said “lemme hold that Spider”. And on Okoye’s boost week no less. Cold blooded. But it’s crazy that for me that even with a level 625 Okoye with a R5 RTF, I find Blue Man Group to be faster.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

Like everyone else, I am amusing myself with his Blue power even in his PvP with Polaris/BRB where I am not even using Polaris stun but rather sending away 2 characters and downing enemy Kang for the win in record time.

I'll give the Blue Man Group a run through in the next PvE which starts for me tomorrow.

I also think they are going to have to adjust the power on the 3* version of Kang. Maybe just limit it so he can only send 1 character away at a time.

KGB

• dianetics

He is erasing 2 tiers above his level in PvE.
    If he stays like this I do not care, I think it is fine.
    From a balance issue he is completely and utterly broken. A level 40 should have no option to clear out 3 500+ characters in a single turn. But is here…so how do the devs move forward?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

T10 will likely stay as is now in pve - we all use Kang on the CN, the rest is still decided by the size of your metas.
    But I have a hard time believing that the devs are ok with a 3* trivializing the hardest nodes in PVE.