*** Kang (Classic) ***

Options

Comments

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Markot said:
    Why is the arrow between Ghost and 5* Hit-Monkey in Feeder Updates graph green? Legend says green means "Unchanged". But currently Ghost isn't feeding anybody. If he would feed Hit-Monkey it will be new (it means should be blue arrow). And then there is a question - will there be retro rewards too?

Looks like the image has been updated. Ghost will NOT feed anybody

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Lol they gave the 3* the instakill ability, I'm sure this will be just fine.

Right! IM40 and him will rule 3* land!

Add 2* Mags for extra blue.. who can stop them??

I have a feeling we're going to see this one addressed before too long. When something overpowered happens in the lower tiers it gets fixed fast.

Not sure, take 3* Arcade for example, the damage numbers on him are way too big compared to his peers and cheap as well. No need to collect 27 blue.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bad said:
    I'm not just repeating, but even doubling it.
    27 blues aren't quick to get.
    If you find a way, it won't be faster than SC or okoye.
    If it's faster, it won't be a better defensive team than okoye.
    If it is, it won't be as health pack economic than SC or okoye.
    (And by the way if you were thinking about Vulture and deathlok, you can already forget it :D )

Just throwing this out there: sentry exists at the 3* level and puts out a lot of CDs for only 6AP. Doesn’t really affect 5* Kang (though there are other options there) but 3* Kang (this thread) could make use of that to get blue very quickly.

Not being argumentative, just saying blue might not be that hard to get.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, 3 turns cds.
    Try to keep them alive for 3 long turns in order to expire.
    That's a fun exercise, but not something reliable or game breaking .

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

None of us has any idea what 3* players are doing...I'm really not even sure they exist right now.

I do know that Kang's instakill power is an escalation, at the 3* tier and at the 5* tier. There's no character that does anything close to that.

What effect will it have? Who knows. I promise you they'll be watching 3* Kang's effect on the game much more closely than 5* Kang, though, because the 3* will affect way more players.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

The effect I expect is a lot of players looking for a tough, tanky character while kang 3* wins the battle, sooner or later.
    And I think is a positive effect, to have another superior character for to rely on and easier to obtain than SC, okoye, apocalypse, kitty etc...

• Blackstone
    Options

@Bad said:
    Yeah, 3 turns cds.

I did make a mistake. 3* Kang gains blue when CD expires. Much harder than 5*s requirement which gains blue when CDs are destroyed.

You’re probably right about the 3*. I do think it’s very possible to create a team to gain blue quickly though. You’re welcome to your opinion, I’m just saying I’ll be testing before dismissing it completely.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hmmm, IM40, Sentry, Kang, yellow ap support. I wonder is that will be faster than Thanos, Arcade, Iron Fist.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Blackstone said:

@Bad said:
    Yeah, 3 turns cds.

I did make a mistake. 3* Kang gains blue when CD expires. Much harder than 5*s requirement which gains blue when CDs are destroyed.

Actually 5* Kang also gains blue AP when CDs expire.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:

@Blackstone said:

@Bad said:
    Yeah, 3 turns cds.

Actually 5* Kang also gains blue AP when CDs expire.

Yes I think he does its either written wrong in yhe description or the power is wrong and will be changed

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I think Bishop+ polaris +3*Kang is going to be a sweet tool for the under5 crowd.
    Add Radio/Vibranium/Avongers Towor and it kicks in that much faster- there will be plenty of match4s!!!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just realized Kang eliminates Hood's passive! Ahh.. imagine we had this back in 2014 lol

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:
    back in 2014 lol

Ahh good times. I remember being excited for 3* Captain Marvel's release, because she was the first Red/Yellow/Black 3* in the game (unless I'm wrong and Cyclops came out before her?).

But yea 3* Kang is a great check to those DDQ teams that have Hood and/or OBW.

• entrailbucket
    Options

It is impossible to overstate just how much of a menace Hood was back in 2013/14. He was a total nightmare to deal with -- the only saving grace was that his health was so low, and even then, our match damage was really low too.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options

3* Kang reminds me of when gambit ended before getting nerfed

I wonder if this 3* will get the same treatment, just beat Okoye at 184k health by sending her away

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

3* Kang seems essential if you are in 3/4 transition. Obviously left out on defence he is as big of a joke as Polaris but I can see there being a lot of very annoyed players waking up to red losses and looking at the retal and there being a 3* Kang. Annoying as when you get hit by non champed under covered Shang Chi who has cheesed you! What a wind up!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    3* Kang seems essential if you are in 3/4 transition. Obviously left out on defence he is as big of a joke as Polaris but I can see there being a lot of very annoyed players waking up to red losses and looking at the retal and there being a 3* Kang. Annoying as when you get hit by non champed under covered Shang Chi who has cheesed you! What a wind up!

I love waking up to a 1/0/2 Shang Chi loss

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@turbomoose said:

I wonder if this 3* will get the same treatment, just beat Okoye at 184k health by sending her away

It will be interesting to see how the new developers treat this. Looking though PvP, a ton of people bought all three of his tiered offers and so have him at lvl180 already. If they nerf him now, do they provide refunds. Or do they leave him OP considering Polaris has been meta since forever.

Ironically perhaps, against Polaris, BRB I found Chasm to be a great partner. Once you killed off the 40k Kang and the 18k Polaris you had enough blue to send BRB away.

• Blackstone
    Options

@turbomoose said:

Counter argument: that okoye could easily get that win back with little effort.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Blackstone said:

@turbomoose said:

Counter argument: that okoye could easily get that win back with little effort.

Sure, except the retal is likely to be worth between 1 and 10 points. Most players won't want to get that win back.