Year of the Rabbit Vault

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

If you want to compete in CL10 don't you basically need her at 550? It seems like every single "competitive" roster I look at has her maxed out, even if nobody else is close to 550.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    I spent 15k (plus a little bit more in daily singles) and brought my Okoye up a fairly decent bit. I am leaving it there though.

What's a decent bit and how many more levels after you've champed her do you notice a real difference (460, 470, 480?) in champ level power?

I've cleared it twice so far and have 100K HP to spend. I've got her covered along with 15 more covers worth (including shards) saved so she could get to 465 (when I inevitably move to 5* land in a few months when my top 4* reach 370). Is that enough to make a difference over 450 or should I clear a few more times and get her to 470? Trying to set myself up as best as possible for baby 5* land. As an FYI, none of my other 5*s would be higher than 460-465 range.

KGB

I have her 50 levels above iHulk now - my iHulk has 12 covers at 410 so this took her to 460.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    If you want to compete in CL10 don't you basically need her at 550? It seems like every single "competitive" roster I look at has her maxed out, even if nobody else is close to 550.

Define "compete".
    T5? Yeah.
    T10 is doable with her around 490.

• entrailbucket

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

Define "compete".
    T5? Yeah.
    T10 is doable with her around 490.

Ah ok, thanks. I haven't tried in PvE in a really long time.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

It's insanely competitive but since most 550s don't try very hard to optimize their times, there's room to slip into t10 if you know what you're doing.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

It’s 3 covers spread over 4 characters; two of whom are top 10 (Okoye/Switch) and one (Daredevil) is just a favorite of mine who will be much much better once he gets an inevitable balance pass.

On top of that there are six legendary tokens, three 4* covers and a bunch of other goodies. That seems like a hell of a deal for 5K HP. Im buying the daily 40 pack every day because it’s just insane value.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards

It’s a great vault and arguably better than anniversary vaults.
    I am also clearing the vault daily because of not just okoye but so the shard rewards and all the LL tokens.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards

@Ruinate said:
    Isnt it interesting that the less we try to be racist the more we talk about race? Is it more or less racist to have a vault full of asians celebrating lunar new year? I dunno.

I'm full korean, I was born 1987 so I'm also a rabbit. I don't care what races are in it. I'm just happy its a good vault.

Be like Okoye. Be awesome and celebrate with everybody.

Full of? There's no asian character in the vault. The next vault will probably be for Black History Month in February. If that vault is all non-black, would it be an issue? If not, then I apologize for my supposition. If it is a problem, then this should be a problematic as well.

• entrailbucket

The issue is the overall lack of Asian representation in MPQ/the Marvel universe/the MCU, not this one particular vault -- and that's what you should be upset about.

Players aren't going to spend hundreds of dollars on a vault that's Shang-Chi, Cho, and Quake.

• Waddles_Pines

@entrailbucket said:
    The issue is the overall lack of Asian representation in MPQ/the Marvel universe/the MCU, not this one particular vault -- and that's what you should be upset about.

Players aren't going to spend hundreds of dollars on a vault that's Shang-Chi, Cho, and Quake.

Don't get me wrong, that is something that's an issue, but I didn't want to go completely OT. But, it's not confined to this game by any means. Asian representation/erasure is a historical thing in the US. Take the Oscars, more white people have won acting awards in yellowface than actual Asians...

• entrailbucket

It's not really off-topic though, the vault is just a symptom of the fact that nobody wants to buy any of the few Asian characters we have (except Shang-Chi, and doing a single-character vault would be silly).

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor

@Waddles_Pines said:

Full of? There's no asian character in the vault. The next vault will probably be for Black History Month in February. If that vault is all non-black, would it be an issue? If not, then I apologize for my supposition. If it is a problem, then this should be a problematic as well.

No I'm just asking if the vault was full of Asians every year, would someone find that racist or at least gripe about it? Like Cho. Anecdotally I dont know a single Korean American that celebrates Chinese New Year. Maybe some rice cake soup for dinner to recognize the day if we feeling festive. Is it racist to insert an Asian because Asians probably do Asian things?

I'm totally not against more Asians being added to the game obviously. I just don't think making vaults based on race, like they're trying to hit all the check marks, are super necessary.

I dont think Black History Month and Chinese New Year are comparable.

• Waddles_Pines

Don't Koreans celebrate Seollal? Multiple asian cultures have new years on the same day....

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor

Yes absolutely koreans do. I did specify Korean American which Cho is.

• Waddles_Pines

Yeah so instead of expanding it to lunar new year, and the list I posted, you rather it be narrow so you can ignore it. Whatever. I'm done engaging.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

Good vault. I was able to get my Okoye to the same size as Shang-Chi so they can fight for my love on an equal footing. I look forward to Asian Hertitage month in May so I can agonize on whether Shang-Chi should go back to being much bigger than everyone else. I am grateful for the addition of both Wong and Wing to the game to celebrate the Lunar New Year. Both will have their place in some fun teams.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor

If you followed my other thread you’ll know I convert everything into 5* covers per net HP. This vault is 562 net HP per 5* cover if you buy the daily 40 deal plus the daily single and then reset the vault for free. That is insane value. I too empty it every day.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

@entrailbucket said:

I place consistently T100 in SCL10 without a champed 5*

• entrailbucket

Different definition of "compete," I think, I was asking about T5/T10.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Pre-9th anniversary, I was getting T10 consistently with 450 SC in first bracket, scl 10 pve. After that, it became more difficult to do so for some reasons. So, you don't need a 550 Okoye to get T10 in pve scl 10, first bracket back then.