Year of the Rabbit Vault

Helinutz
Helinutz Posts: 44 Just Dropped In

Couple of questions.
How can we earn tokens, or is it HP only.
Is it going to reset with different 5* shards and covers in 7 days like the anniversary vault did or is it just on for 7 days and that’s it.
Was really hoping Shang Chi would make an appearance and don’t want to blow my HP hoard if he’s incoming.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

OG Mantis is from Vietnam so she seems reasonable to me for a choice to include.

Okoye again. Sorry Waddles, this does seem to happen over again.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2023

I have 12k hps saved so I'll be buying the whole vault it's too good to miss

• Helinutz
    Helinutz Posts: 44 Just Dropped In

Oh, dont get me wrong, I have enough (just) for 4 lots of the vault, but if they swap out Okeyo, or any of the 5 stars for Shang Chi, I will be less than pleased to put it mildly :wink:

• Sp1d3r

Haha best 5k I've ever spent I reset the vault and bought another 10 bagged me 2 more LLs.. I've got 7k left I can see me buying it again tho

• iuchiban
    iuchiban Posts: 9 Just Dropped In

@Waddles_Pines said:
    If the mods want to remove my comment as being OT, that's cool. But, this is my annual pet peeve.

Yet again another Chinese/Lunar New Year vault and the featured chars are all who wouldn't celebrate.

I know there aren't that many Asian characters in the game, but the vault could have included:

5* Shang, Wong
    4* Jubilation, Cho, Silk, Melinda May

Stretch: Sersi, Mantis (aliens and such), Quake (tv or comics)

I may have missed someone, but that's about it, and none of them are in the vault. Every year it's the same. Why would I expect any difference this year 🤦‍♂️

@IceIX @DevpoolMPQ_BCS

Definitely agreed Waddles_Pines (awesome user name by the way!); would be great to see more characters with Asian heritage celebrating Lunar New Year in the vault. With that said, I think they have chosen characters with red costumes, since red is strongly associated with Lunar New Year celebrations. Which seems reasonable to me too (though, why not both?).

Also, this vault seems like amazing value, so I can definitely see myself emptying it a few times!

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards

@Helinutz said:
    Oh, dont get me wrong, I have enough (just) for 4 lots of the vault, but if they swap out Okeyo, or any of the 5 stars for Shang Chi, I will be less than pleased to put it mildly :wink:

Don't say that too loud. You'll be called ungrateful.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker

For the first time with one of these 41 item awesome vaults I have enough HP to buy a 40 pack so I reckon I’ll be using that on it here at some point since I don’t think there’ll be another one like this one after it ends.

• Migut420
    Migut420 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In

Are they going to make a tournament or something to give us a chance at this or do we have to spend our hp even if we have little to none to waste?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Usually, everyone gets one free token for such vault and that's it. I mean, the dev is already super generous with their "First Character Vault" and you can't expect them to do this for every unique non-pve vaults.

Anyway, the vault is already super cheap for 5000 HP:

200 Daredevil shards
    200 Okoye Shards
    1 Okoye cover
    200 Wanda shards
    100 Carbage Shards x 4
    6 LTs
    8 MTs

If you are low on LTs, it's a good vault to stock up if you've the HP to spare.
    Based on past cash bundle, 8 LTs + 12 MT cost about $49. Currently, they are running 30% bonus promotion for HP purchase.

• DAZ0273

I pulled the 40 pack, got all the good stuff and the shards gave me a cover for Wanda & DD and nearly another one for Okoye. I'm waiting to see if there is a free token which should then let me reset the vault for free and go again but if not I might go back anyway and buy the daily deal.

• Sp1d3r

I've bought it twice bye bye hp hoard lol well worth it tho

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

@Borstock said:

@Helinutz said:

Don't say that too loud. You'll be called ungrateful.

If you are referring to my comments on that thread I was mostly flabbergasted that people were complaining about the switch between a meta to non-meta character. I apologize if you felt you were targeted by those comments. They were made without considering your point of view and therefore incorrect.

In this case, SC is as fast as Okoye in many situations. Wanting to get him as big as possible to speed up PvE and PvP hops is one of the main goals of hoarding. There would be more people here lamenting that he wasn’t announced as a option.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

@Sekilicious said:

In this case, SC is as fast as Okoye in many situations. Wanting to get him as big as possible to speed up PvE and PvP hops is one of the main goals of hoarding.

SC benefits so much from Boosts that he has made my Okoye irrelevant for both PVE/PVP. Biggest problem with PVP is that he is definitely beatable so I shield a bit more but a SC/MT with boosts can take down most 550 teams quickly.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2023

SC/MT can take down even dual 672 teams with relative ease of course but not 450 duo of Chasm ihulk ;those bad boys are everywhere in pVP

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler

They would have sold more HP Thro sale if they had a chasm cover with ihulk shards all over the vault

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker

@mani82 said:
    They would have sold more HP Thro sale if they had a chasm cover with ihulk shards all over the vault

Did someone say ihulk vault? He's my most under-covered and only meta that isn't champed. Bring on the ihunk vault! B)

• DAZ0273

Did we not just have iHulk in a vault at X-mas? I know I got mine up to within one cover or so of champing.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

We did, in parallel with Apoc.
    Or Colossus?
    Someone who needs levels more than ihulk anyway.