MPQ Developer Q&A January 2023 (QUESTIONS)

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@Vader614 said:
    Why are event start/end times so clustered? I'm in the Eastern time zone, and most events start/end at 6 AM, noon, and 5pm, during the work day for many. There are 24 hours in a day, why not space them 8 hrs apart? And make one time in the evening (9-10 PM, ideally) for as many players as possible?

This has been a longstanding complaint from the EST players. We used to have a 10pm EST time slice (each slice is 5hrs apart except for the current 11pm slice), but some random player made a forum poll. Oddly players voted for the 11pm slice, but it was only a measly 84 players, yet the original development made the change! It's been hated ever since but ignored. I'll have to take some time to find the specific communication but you can simply search Time Slice posts and you'll find a ton of complaints from us EST players.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

Are there any plans to further revamp DDQ, such as, adding SCL? There's no reason for 4/5 players to have 1/2/3* only nodes. It is very boring and redundant. Auto-complete DDQ for VIP players would also be a nice perk.

[I'd love to be more descriptive but I'm maintaining the 250 character limit]

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 270 Mover and Shaker

Hit monkey is awarded at day 3370 of S.H.I.E.L.D supply, and Magneto awarded at day 3340. Any plans to award the 5* skipped in some manner, maybe during the next MPQ anniversary?

• tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 126 Tile Toppler

Any plans on turbo speed play for scl10?

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker

Any thoughts on a "Pity Streak Breaker" for 5-Star eligible tokens? Nothing is worse than going 0-30+ without getting at least one 5-Star. Some mechanic that guarantees a 5-Star if you haven't pulled one after ## consecutive pulls.

• nbperp
    nbperp Posts: 112 Tile Toppler

@The Viceroy Returns said:
    Any thoughts on a "Pity Streak Breaker" for 5-Star eligible tokens? Nothing is worse than going 0-30+ without getting at least one 5-Star. Some mechanic that guarantees a 5-Star if you haven't pulled one after ## consecutive pulls.

Isn't this exactly what shards are supposed to be? Used to be there was a random chance to get an extra cover. And the odds of getting that cover went up with each pull you made. Those went away with shards, as each pull brings you closer and closer to a cover

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards

@nbperp said:

@The Viceroy Returns said:

Isn't this exactly what shards are supposed to be? Used to be there was a random chance to get an extra cover. And the odds of getting that cover went up with each pull you made. Those went away with shards, as each pull brings you closer and closer to a cover

I don't think the bonus cover odds went up as you pulled.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards

There is a pity timer on Bonus Shards per store, but we were told there was no way for it to differentiate 4 vs 5* pull streaks so there isn’t a seperate 4 and 5 pity timer, just for instance a Latest Legends pity timer, and 50 bonus shards are just as viable to it as a full cover worth of shards.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 123 Tile Toppler

Back in 2015, Kitty Pryde, The Thing, and Agent Venom were part of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Is adding a faction something that could be added through costumes?

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler

There have been many boss events where I have had more than 2 million points. Can we get more personal progress rewards for boss events beyond 900,000 points?

• MidasInReverse
    MidasInReverse Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

New missions, Events would be highly appreciated. Like a stark-tower with increased Power & rewards every stage or a weekly/monthly alliance-bossmonster
    Is there something like this planned?

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

@Punisher5784 said:

@Vader614 said:
    Why are event start/end times so clustered? I'm in the Eastern time zone, and most events start/end at 6 AM, noon, and 5pm, during the work day for many. There are 24 hours in a day, why not space them 8 hrs apart? And make one time in the evening (9-10 PM, ideally) for as many players as possible?

This has been a longstanding complaint from the EST players. We used to have a 10pm EST time slice (each slice is 5hrs apart except for the current 11pm slice), but some random player made a forum poll. Oddly players voted for the 11pm slice, but it was only a measly 84 players, yet the original development made the change! It's been hated ever since but ignored. I'll have to take some time to find the specific communication but you can simply search Time Slice posts and you'll find a ton of complaints from us EST players.

Clearly the majority disagreed with you.

• iOwnThisName
    iOwnThisName Posts: 8 Just Dropped In

Selfishly, are there any chances for the forum lurkers—people who have accounts for a determined amount of time, yet didn’t post 10 times in that previous window—to get an Infinity Stone support in the future for not flooding the forum with random posts to up their numbers?

• JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker

How often are upcoming character kits designed as a counter to balancing issues that you see on your end and what are the indicators that determine this action? How has the Chasm/IHulk/IShulk “revive” meta affected the game according to your user telemetry ?

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor

Trap tiles have always been bad design to me in that they can be overwritten, but with Arcade it makes what could actually be a good character worthless. Any chance you guys could rework trap tiles to not be overwritten?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

@iOwnThisName said:
    Selfishly, are there any chances for the forum lurkers—people who have accounts for a determined amount of time, yet didn’t post 10 times in that previous window—to get an Infinity Stone support in the future for not flooding the forum with random posts to up their numbers?

Please reward me for not participating...very bizarre.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@iOwnThisName said:

Please reward me for not participating...very bizarre.

Yeah, I mean...given that the forum gets about 4 posts a day now, they'd be giving away an awful lot of infinity stones.

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 97 Match Maker

Can you please start showing:

• bracket counts on the front screen for pvp events like is done for pve events,
    • the 550 info for new release 5* when post the 270/ 450 info.
  • capt
    capt Posts: 9 Just Dropped In

Will there be another character fan poll again where we get to vote on a new character to be put in the game?

• turtlerad17
    turtlerad17 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In

Can you reuse some of the old PVE events, especially the week long Hulk PVE?

This discussion has been closed.