MPQ Developer Q&A January 2023 (QUESTIONS)

S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 641 Critical Contributor
edited January 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi everyone!

Back to our regularly scheduled program with this month's Developer Q&A thread!

As we continue to improve on its workflow, we'd like to make some optimizations to make it easier to organize and read when we post answers. If you've got any suggestions on how we can improve our monthly Q&As, please feel free to suggest in this thread as well! Here's what we're changing:

• Questions will be limited to 1 per player to ensure that we can answer as many questions as possible.

• Drop down for "Topics" to help consolidate duplicates. Even though questions are posted to the thread here, they can sometimes get lost. When applicable, we'll attribute an abridge version of the questions to the multiple players asking in our response.

January Developer Q&A Google Form:
https://mpq.social/communityqa
If you don't have a Google account, please post your question in the thread and a friendly neighborhood Iso hunter may swoop in and help out.

1. Max 1 Questions:
To ensure that we're able to answer as many questions as possible, questions are limited to 1 per player and a maximum of 250 characters.
2. Copy Questions to original Q&A thread:
To avoid duplicate questions, we kindly ask that you post your questions as thread replies to this forum thread to display them publicly for others to see.
3. Deadline to submit questions:
12pm PST/8pm BST on January 25th
4. Answers posted:
January 31st

Looking forward to your questions as always!

Best,
S0kun

Tagged:

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards

There's a great amount of in-game content, such as PvE stories and power animations that it would be good to watch when not "on the clock". Are there plans for an in-game library for these? And possibly some milestones for watching them all...

• dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler

Will we ever have the ability to see which character we have used X amount of times? I know years ago old Devs said 4 star Punisher was least used 4 star. I would love to see data like that, even just if it was for my account.

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited January 2023

Can we get a new set of daily missions, "using an affiliation 3x" for a not-iso reward? Some 4* shards like the holiday event missions or tokens (increasing rarity per shield ranks). If possible on top of the existing ones, +1 to total dailies.

Note: with affiliations getting more importance it would be cool if they were included into everyone's routine so we get to remember them by memory and not having to keep checking them everytime (because theres no easy way to do it right now like a filter into our roster window, only individually). And some 3/4* shards as reward would be cool!

• Lionowilson
    Lionowilson Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

PvP 2-part
    In PvP, I have skipped close to 75 times and seen the same five teams. I cannot beat those teams, why will it not show other teams? And the only way I can seem to beat teams that are on my level is with 5x +20% to all damage and 5x +10% damage. And hope to get lucky. I even wiped with boosted iHulk (level 459 pre boosted) and Moon Knight (454 pre boosted), both full health going in, to a level 270 Polaris and a 330 ish
    Mighty Thor.

Question 2: Release events
    This is more a suggestion
    The coding might be a nightmare, so I understand that but for release events in PvP, start of event the new release is 1/1/1, 12 hrs later 3/3/3, 12 hrs later 5/5/3 (build based on devs opinion of best build) at 450. 12 hrs later until end of event level 550. Now that would be for CL10. Scale it down for lower tiers. This way people get an actual feel for what the newest characters can do. Otherwise they primarily sit in the back and do little to nothing.

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2023

Since Affiliations are getting so important, can we have a "sort by affilliation" on the Hero choice screen and roster. Default to ABC order, then * rarity order.

So if I choose "Sort by Affilliation", it then goes "Avengers, ABC Order, 5/4/3/2/1", then "Champions, ABC order, 5/4/3/2/1", etc.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

What percentage of regular players have at least one character at lvl450 or above (and how much time do you spend thinking about those players' experience)?

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 66 Match Maker

May not be your call, however I've noticed that there have been no MPQ tie ins to earn Marvel Insider points for a month or more, nor is there a new cover redemption option this month. Is this intentional and will it continue?

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 641 Critical Contributor

@samael64 said:
    May not be your call, however I've noticed that there have been no MPQ tie ins to earn Marvel Insider points for a month or more, nor is there a new cover redemption option this month. Is this intentional and will it continue?

I can answer since I work on these :) We won't have a redemption option this month, but there definitely was something planned last month. We had the Reality Season, Unstable Iso Event, Download MPQ, and Namor cover redemption. Maybe you missed it? I'll try to make sure these are added to our communications on social too in the near future so you don't miss out.

• benr69
    benr69 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In

Can there be some new missions developed & rolled out? Not Alliance if possible. Sort of boring and fatiguing having the same missions over and over-the nadir being the Strange Sights redux. It might also address some “automatic play” concerns raised by others. Thank you! Also I second the Marvel Insider ask.

• whoami
    whoami Posts: 75 Match Maker

I know you all have been very busy making much needed changes and additions—thank you!

….but, what about that ancient loading screen? I don’t think it has been updated in a year!

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker

Fight for Wakanda has four subs. The first three have a one on one node for Black Panther. Are there any plans to add another one on one node for the last sub?

• nbperp
    nbperp Posts: 112 Tile Toppler

Can we please add new kinds of quests - weekly quests, season quests, etc.

This discussion has been closed.