MPQ Developer Q&A January 2023 (QUESTIONS)

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards

Is there any chance the game could support multiple resolutions, or at least a standard mobile resolution? iPad and IPhone have so much wasted space.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

In addition to adding boosts pre-battle, could an option be added to buy boosts in battle itself? I don't care if it costs way more to do so because now I'm buying when I really need it as opposed to always boosting +1 and wasting a lot of the time.

So many times I get stuck on 6 Blue for Polaris and I'd pay a ton to boost 1 Blue right when I really need it. I bet countless players would love to suddenly add +1 or +2 more AP to the right color at the right moment.

KGB

• luisabroad
    luisabroad Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

A randomized battle would be good. The app selects randomly from your rosta and the opposing team has the same strength.

• Siv75
    Siv75 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    edited January 2023

Would you mind looking into general usability and efficiency? We do not need 3 dialog.boxes appearing in sequence when we have 3 boosts at the beginning of matches. In fact... these are completely redundant. We also would be grateful if sound effects run concurrent to gameplay...rather than making the game wait for sound files to complete. Most seasoned players play with sound off... so the gameplay really appears to pause for no good reason at times just to let a silent sound file play. Cheers.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 785 Critical Contributor

When you first started these Q and A’s there were a lot of things asked about and the news was very positive. Changes to supports and DDQ to name a couple. Could one of the team put out a monthly timeline and ETA for upcoming changes?

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 806 Critical Contributor

Can you clarify the reasons why Omega Red is such a difficult character to bring to the game? Is it rights related? Ie the fox/ marvel characters or is it clearance from marvel themselves?

• Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

I know you've improved PVP already with the reduced amount of wins, but any chance of keeping the improved ISO rewards which were given in the off season? This would really help the 4* land ISO debt!

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2023

Last year a change was made to the game that meant that the introduction of a new character to latest legends would no longer be synchronised with the release of the new character, but rather with the start of the new season. What was the reasoning behind this change given the obvious problems it would cause when there are short seasons and long off seasons? Will we again have issues with some characters spending longer in latest than others around next anniversary/Christmas? Or have you decided to do away with variations in season/off-season lengths so that the seasons are synchronised with character releases?

(Edit: Of course this is condensed to 250 characters in my submitted question, but I figured I should keep the full context here for clarity.)

• dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker

Have you considered adding a practice mode? I'd love to have a place where I can freely play with scenarios and put together teams without having to decide in the moment.

If we could simulate the current or past events and boosted characters, and see what works in general, it would really help determine where to focus resources for my roster.

• Mrkt_712
    Mrkt_712 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    1. Do you consider to have at least 1 or 2 polls for introducing new characters?
      2.The newly introduced characters are really great in balancing gameplay. But old characters specifically 5 stars, really need huge update to be compatible. In PvP I have to always beat team with maximum 10 characters variations.
  • Mrkt_712
    Mrkt_712 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In

Do ever thinking to change the daily shards offer? It is the most stupid way to spend your hero points. 115 HP for just 20 4star shards? Really? You can just get the same free shards everyday from daily challenges.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

How often do you think 5* meta teams in pvps should be shaken up, given that it takes about 3 months to champ a set of latest 5* for seasoned players? Another way of looking at this question is, how long do you think is a good timeframe for 5* players to enjoy playing with and against meta teams in pvps, given that it takes 3 months or more to champ a set of latest 5*?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

Isn't it supposed to be one question per person (not an official question for the Devs!)?!?!?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

Which question would be the one you would be nterested in making to us players?

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker

@DAZ0273 said:
    Isn't it supposed to be one question per person (not an official question for the Devs!)?!?!?

And only 250 characters per person...

And to read the other questions to not keep duplicating the same question...

But here we are.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

They forgot to put read the instructions in the instructions though.

• Vader614
    Vader614 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In

Why are event start/end times so clustered? I'm in the Eastern time zone, and most events start/end at 6 AM, noon, and 5pm, during the work day for many. There are 24 hours in a day, why not space them 8 hrs apart? And make one time in the evening (9-10 PM, ideally) for as many players as possible?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Vader614 said:
    Why are event start/end times so clustered? I'm in the Eastern time zone, and most events start/end at 6 AM, noon, and 5pm, during the work day for many. There are 24 hours in a day, why not space them 8 hrs apart? And make one time in the evening (9-10 PM, ideally) for as many players as possible?

I would kill for a 9pm slot for central Europe.

This discussion has been closed.