This is the end - Starfall May 30 - Jun 1

Comments

• i had a generally different experience from you guys, i used 2 3hr shields to jump to 1100 last night (10-12 hours ago) rather easy. i did not shield up, got beat down to 500s.

i just spend 20-30 mins hitting those retals back to 950 and shielded for good. to me, seems easier than other PVP.
  • There's something really weird about this event. It looks like a lot of people are just getting pounded in the 600 range and never got anywhere, and except for the very lucky you can't get anywhere without shielding in this event. But I don't see anything special about this event as it's not near the end of season 2 and the reward isn't someone that's hard to get. This is reminiscient of the old days where you never got out of around 500 and yet nobody that you're attacking or attacking you got out of 500 either. Do we just suddenly have an influx of players with maxed out characters? After all, the model only works because there are weaker players to feed rating from, but if the weaker players stop playing or become strong themselves, then this model is going to break at some point. Since you can't lose levels, maybe we're in danger of hitting a point where you can't make meaningful progress without shields (or luck).
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    What the? I only got 24 from you, laoah, despite you actually being at 950+ and me much lower. The old points were displayed and received. This sucks icon_e_sad.gif Thanks for being shielded though!
  • locked wrote:
    What the? I only got 24 from you, laoah, despite you actually being at 950+ and me much lower. The old points were displayed and received. This sucks icon_e_sad.gif Thanks for being shielded though!
    screen after battle is wrong, check rankings.

I got Clubber from X-Men queued, worth 2pts, got 40+.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Turn 1: CPU matches yellow.
    Turn 2: Matches 4-of-a-kind yellow, 4 straight yellow drop in to replace the column.
    Turn 3: Thunder Strike "randomly" placing its greens to create 3 4-of-a-kinds. And since TS -> CotS is one of the few single-turn combos the AI can actually figure out...

o_o;

Anyway, threw up a shield at about 750. Will probably slip out of the top 25, but I have to find targets for 30+ to gain any ground right now, and it's gotten to be a chore.
    I get those or the green tiles drop into a 3x3 blob so I cop a critical match on top of it just as an extra "screw you" from the AI icon_mad.gif
  • something changed.

When I was trying to reach 900 (three times since the beginning of this tourney), each time I passed 700, people started attack me. Under 700 the attacks were not that often.

I was at 600 for more than an hour. When I just climbed over 700, 2mins later I got hit.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Holy ****. Somehow managed to finish at match at the last second and snuck into the Top 25. So that was exciting. I don't like the multiple events ending at the same time, though.

Oh... there's 15 minutes left in Simulator rounds... huh?!
  • So with 2 random guys we got exactly #100 icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

10pts above #101.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    TINYKITTY!

50th with less than 5 minutes to go so I busted out of my shield to grab an extra 38 I had lined up - and lost icon_cry.gif

I got cascaded to hell and back by OBW+Punisher cause I could never get the AP I needed.
  • servers crashed?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Some jerks attacked me in the last minutes but I retaliated in the last seconds out of being vindictive, despite them having worse points icon_razz.gif
    It looks like everyone and their dog has Patch covers, otherwise why would we get alliance #24 after being top 100 for several tourneys?
  • Bah, finished at 893 points

That delicious 50 HP... so close... icon_cry.gif
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Emeryt wrote:
    servers crashed?

They're definitely struggling. At least it happened after the event this time...
  • mags1587 wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    servers crashed?

They're definitely struggling. At least it happened after the event this time...

After this event, but PVE was still up for 15 minutes -- malfuncitoning. Another great job, D3 icon_evil.gif
  • pasa_ wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    servers crashed?

After this event, but PVE was still up for 15 minutes -- malfuncitoning. Another great job, D3 icon_evil.gif

Actually I think the PvE event it supposed to go for 15 minutes longer, which screwed up since I had #1 at exactly the time it normally would've ended... and then realized it was still going on for another 15 minutes and I no longer have the right missions to burn.
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    Got screwed here. I thought that the PVE and PVP were ending at the same time. While playing PVE, in the timer there, I saw that there was still 11 minutes to go. Then it refreshed and I saw that the PVP was gone. Sucks because I was planning to play two quick matches to get into Top 10 at the very end.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    something changed.

When I was trying to reach 900 (three times since the beginning of this tourney), each time I passed 700, people started attack me. Under 700 the attacks were not that often.

I was at 600 for more than an hour. When I just climbed over 700, 2mins later I got hit.

700 is the point where you now become 'visible' to the wider audience. You can tell, because if you have a high MMR, you'll see 141 teams up to 700, and then suddenly a wild OBW appears.
  • I made the mistake of not shielding overnight my time, leaving myself at 771 points- had lost 299 points overnight by the time I played on the train this morning and won back above 600. Settled in at lunchtime and ground through the attacks to get to 800, but of course made the mistake of continuing to press after getting to 800and got attacked HARD- lost nearly 100 points in the time to play one more win. Ended up shielding at.... 771 (and got +16 from a late defensive win), which was enough for 16th in my bracket. Only two people in the bracket ended above 1000, and 827 was 10th.

This came after getting absolutely pounded in the 300-600 range. I don't know whether I'm glad that I made an early start on this event or whether it was a huge mistake. I probably lost more points to attacks in the course of this event than I would have done to any 3 events in season 1 (where I generally shielded and finished above 900 or 1000). Crazy.
  • I pretty much get hit from the get go (maxed pun, hood/cmag, and loaner). It does seem to get pretty nuts at 700 but I just figured it was the increased tastiness of my points. Apparently not.
  • qtquazar wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    something changed.

700 is the point where you now become 'visible' to the wider audience. You can tell, because if you have a high MMR, you'll see 141 teams up to 700, and then suddenly a wild OBW appears.
    Good point. Agree, now that You mentioned it.