This is the end - Starfall May 30 - Jun 1

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Shielded for a little bit more, opting for 2 3 hours instead of an 8 due to the timing of my push. Hit someone 2-3 times on the way up, I feel like he kept retaliating for less points than I was taking, and then once I finally passed and shielded, he attacked back and lost. Sorry someone with wrk at the end of your name and a 100+ Hulk.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    Unshield to do one match to get to over 1100 for the Sentry cover, reshielded and this is 10-15 minutes after that.

vQY0F59.jpg

Trying my luck for the X-Force cover else I wouldn't bother with shielding.
    That looks like my morning when I wanted to go for the 1100 Sentry cover. I unshielded and fought two matches. Came out of the second to lose -81. Slapped on a shield. Within 10 minutes, I was hit for another 242 points.

With the new MMR range, the devs need to fix it so that you get more points for beating people close to you and don't lose as much for someone who is 400 points behind you who decided to join later. Probably, the devs think this is "working as intended" though, because it means people have to spend more on shields.

that looks about like my day too...and I haven't been able to get to 900 yet. The amount of high point attacks coming in keeps knocking me backwards too far to really make ground. Finally shielded above 800...only took 5 tries, lol. Definitely the hardest go round I've had in some time, but guessing it's my MMR completely out of whack right now.

I didn't even see a 2 x 85 team until after I was over 700.
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Seriously, PVP is getting to be a nightmare.

Climbed to 600-ish points today, then the bloodbath started. 12 people hit us immediately. Raised shields, and came back later for more.

Fought five battles. Got 111 points. Was hit by the same guy 3 times in a row, and another twice. Lost 70 points.

Ended up with 708 points. Gave up. And we used to score 900-1000 before the sharding.

All in all, were hit 17 times. And none of the attackers were retals.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded through the end at 725. This was one of the most miserable, unpleasant PVPs I've ever done. I kept getting hit for 40+ points, including for 50 once. If PVE wasn't designed around not playing for 12 hours at a time, I'd be tempted to give up on PVP entirely. I'm just not enjoying it.

If they eliminate prologue healing, and high level Sentry becomes common, that may just kill PVP. Even the 23rd level ones were doing a fair amount of damage. I'm not buying health packs. If they become mandatory I'll just quit PVP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think we'll have an easier time when they re-run this after handing out Sentry covers in another PVP and a bunch of us have 4/2/2 Sentries.

Wait, no.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is what I don't understand. Play constantly trying to gain ground immediately get attacked by four people. Minus 100 ya we know.

But I have stopped pushing 3 separate times today. The second I stop pushing I stop being attacked...What?
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I shielded at 680ish intending to push just a little more right at the end - hit twice within a minute of it going up icon_eek.gif

That's never happened to me before (well not with the lack of points I have).
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @daveomite - I didn't get attacked a single time up to ~800, then I spent the next 1.5 hours bouncing around between 700 and 880, before finally hitting 915 or so and shielding. Didn't help I forgot to plug in my ipad so it died (thankfully between matches) and after a couple minutes to come back on I had dropped 150. I know my team is not really going to get skipped, but it still seems rediculous how hard it is these days.

Almost forgot - a couple times I was somehow matched against people with many 100s pts less than myself and it was worth like 6 or 7 points. I thought it must have been a retaliation that I hadn't gotten the notification for yet, but never got one. It really blew my mind.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Starfall definitely felt more like the hyper aggressive shield heavy pvp we saw from Season One. Can we not return to those days? Please? I used way more shields than I wanted to use but at least I'm finished with the event now.

Also glad I skipped on today's No Hold's Barred. I don't need 2 pvp events stressing me out at the same time as pve.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah, this has been one of the most miserable PvP events for me in a while. Heavy attacks non-stop, with no defensive wins and enough brutal enemy cascading in matches that even "wins" are setbacks.

It feels like this is a hard-fought event, but I'm not seeing that indicated in the point totals, and the rewards are Patch covers, not Sentry or Dak3n. I don't know what's going on, but it hurts.
  • Unknown
    Options
    don't need Patch covers but HP is always good.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It was brutal out there. Many were shooting for 1.1k to get a cover but the bloodbath hit once I got over 900 but kept plugging away to get over 1k and shlded. I hopped to 1.1k so had to burn 3 3hr shields for this event.
    I think people were pushing earlier to free up time for pve.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Turn 1: CPU matches yellow.
    Turn 2: Matches 4-of-a-kind yellow, 4 straight yellow drop in to replace the column.
    Turn 3: Thunder Strike "randomly" placing its greens to create 3 4-of-a-kinds. And since TS -> CotS is one of the few single-turn combos the AI can actually figure out...

o_o;

Anyway, threw up a shield at about 750. Will probably slip out of the top 25, but I have to find targets for 30+ to gain any ground right now, and it's gotten to be a chore.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    It was brutal out there. Many were shooting for 1.1k to get a cover but the bloodbath hit once I got over 900 but kept plugging away to get over 1k and shlded. I hopped to 1.1k so had to burn 3 3hr shields for this event.
    I think people were pushing earlier to free up time for pve.

I ended up having to use three 3-hour shields to get to 1100, as well...a little rougher than usual. Ended up getting hit for points once (mohio!!!), which was a little scary, but overall not too terrible.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The best part of being over 1100 is that I only get 1-2 matches with 20 odd points while other matches that MMR present to me are worth 3 points. Seriously?!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Geee, we just lost two members and it looks like we're out of top100 for the first time icon_e_biggrin.gif Got public and got some random dudes, but we're still around 400pts till top100.

shameless edit:

If You want Patch cover and have around 700pts at least in this tourney, feel free to PM me right away, and we will add You. We need two people.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded at 1079. I know that I should choose the safe choice for a final fight, but this guy named Carnifexx is at 1275 and worth a fat wad of points. Shame about the maxed Hulk and Sentry and Lazy Cap.

I shouldn't. I won't.

Gonna.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    laoahpeh, are you shielded?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lookss like MMR has been disabled. I'm seeing opponents of any lvls. All very random, no more all 141s...
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    laoahpeh, are you shielded?

shielded at 950 only. go ahead