This is the end - Starfall May 30 - Jun 1

Options

Comments

• jmb2070
    jmb2070 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, I'm reposting some questions made in No Holds BArred forum, because there was no answer and I'm really want to know what's happening (Problem with the server and MMR matchmaking, new PVP style...)
    TheVulture wrote:
    I read the forums constantly, but afraid there must be a gap in my knowledge that's only apparent in these tiny brackets...
    I'm being matched 100% against high/max 3* teams, but all those I can see around & above me in my bracket are 2* teams:

1. Where do these teams come from?
    2. Presumably they are matched/retaliating against me too - where do the points go when that happens?
    3. Am I correct in assuming that no matter how I perform in my bracket, I will still be vulnerable to losing all my points if someone with L141 Mags/Patch/Daken - from wherever - decides to farm me but the same isn't happening to the L70-80 teams & whomever they are facing?
  • Unknown
    Options
    jmb2070 wrote:
    Hi, I'm reposting some questions made in No Holds BArred forum, because there was no answer and I'm really want to know what's happening (Problem with the server and MMR matchmaking, new PVP style...)
    TheVulture wrote:
    I read the forums constantly, but afraid there must be a gap in my knowledge that's only apparent in these tiny brackets...
    I'm being matched 100% against high/max 3* teams, but all those I can see around & above me in my bracket are 2* teams:

1. Where do these teams come from?
    2. Presumably they are matched/retaliating against me too - where do the points go when that happens?
    3. Am I correct in assuming that no matter how I perform in my bracket, I will still be vulnerable to losing all my points if someone with L141 Mags/Patch/Daken - from wherever - decides to farm me but the same isn't happening to the L70-80 teams & whomever they are facing?
    Looks like the biggest thing to tell you is that the brackets only "matter" for rewards - you still fight people from other brackets and they fight you. And yeah, there's a chance you'll get eaten for more points than the people you're competing against, that's what shields are for icon_e_smile.gif
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really trying to avoid hitting the same people more than once, but the game is making it near impossible. Started my push today, which is late for me. Kept getting the exact same 3-5 teams in my node cycles. Even the same team I just beat instantly in the same node again.

So...If I did anyone more than once, sorry about that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I hit some people a couple of times, some forumites once - sorry for that. Pushed to 900 3 times and finally managed to do it.

I'm shielded for a while, decided what the hell and I'll try to aim at 1100 then remain unshielded. So until further notice, try to queue me in Your node, but please don't attack yet. I'll remain unshielded till the end. I'll let You know on forums when is the right time to hit your friendly neighbourhood Emeryt.
  • Unknown
    Options
    yeah, i hit one person 3-4- times cause i was only seeing like 4-5 options, and cmag/patch is just easier than lvl 200 sentry + 141s. so sorry about that, but this one has been a bit brutal. i am going to try to get 1100. i could use the iw, but 1300 w/ a level 45 sentry isn't likely.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah...I've only got a 1/1/1 Sentry, paired with my 141 LT and 141 Pun. The only teams I can seem to see in my cycle are other 141 teams, which is fine, but basically gives them targets back. With such a weak sentry as a third, definitely making it a bit more of a pain to get very high, lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    People have no mercy, I've been trying to get to 900 for the last 3hours only to get stuck at 800 or knocked below, find a fat fish of 40 points? finish match to get hit for -80 by 2 people each for 40.
    T_T this is brutal in the end I gave up and stuck to 820 when the clock hit 8h
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I'm seeing the same few people over and over again, too, and half of them are forumites. Sorry for anyone I hit; I'm shielded for the next 2 hours so feel free to retaliate if desired.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well I'm shielded at just past 1k points for the rest of the tournament. Feel free to hit me if you have me in retal or on a node.
  • Unknown
    Options
    same here, i got to 860 3 times and after every fight id come out to two attacks and be around 800. ****. i finally ran out of health packs and toons and shielded back up at 810. glad i dont need patch but really wanted at least 900
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shielded for the duration at 980. Feel free to use that retaliation emmryt
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    like it matters now.

Passed 1000 and got hit by Spoit, followed by a couple more later.

Feel free to hit me, I'm unshielded till the end.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    like it matters now.

Passed 1000 and got hit by Spoit, followed by a couple more later.

Feel free to hit me, I'm unshielded till the end.
    Your TTK was much higher, you'd finished hitting me before my fight went through
  • Unknown
    Options
    lol already hit for another -137 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    hmm, it appears that I have raised my mmr some how, maybe getting 3rd in the NHB tourney was a bad idea, but I only have maxed 2*s and i keep getting attacked by 3* teams and having to do like 7 skips a match to find a 2* team, i was only able to work my way up to like 700 before getting hammered repeatedly.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I don't know what it is, but I'm really struggling in this one. I'm getting a lot of variety in my nodes (CMags + Patch, Punisher+OBW, Spidey+GSBW, lots of Laken) which makes a nice change but I'm forced to retreat from every third match thanks to some crazy cascading for the AI. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm seeing a bunch of SHIELD members again...

I don't even have 600 points yet icon_eek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Gave up for now coming out of every match to 1-4 attacks is pretty borderline insanity. -118 after a match almost broke my record for losing points in one shot...

I don't see how this is supposed to be fun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I spend forever climbing up, and two hits immediately take me down 79 points.

I hate PVP.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    Unshield to do one match to get to over 1100 for the Sentry cover, reshielded and this is 10-15 minutes after that.

vQY0F59.jpg

Trying my luck for the X-Force cover else I wouldn't bother with shielding.
    That looks like my morning when I wanted to go for the 1100 Sentry cover. I unshielded and fought two matches. Came out of the second to lose -81. Slapped on a shield. Within 10 minutes, I was hit for another 242 points.

With the new MMR range, the devs need to fix it so that you get more points for beating people close to you and don't lose as much for someone who is 400 points behind you who decided to join later. Probably, the devs think this is "working as intended" though, because it means people have to spend more on shields.
  • Unknown
    Options
    With the new MMR range, the devs need to fix it so that you get more points for beating people close to you and don't lose as much for someone who is 400 points behind you who decided to join later. Probably, the devs think this is "working as intended" though, because it means people have to spend more on shields.

Could also just be some of the bizarre blinders some of the designers seem to have.

"Some of the users have expressed frustration with getting hit for upwards of -40 and then having a 1 point retaliation take up a node. Especially since this can happen multiple times between the user playing matches."
    "Why would they do that!? The uncertainty of losing large chunks of progress is part of what makes it fun!"