Venom Bomb, Puzzle Gauntlet, AND a boss event

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    I’m about this. I have been vocal about not having enough to do during boss events.
    Sinister 6 is the worst offender, my alliance will probably finish it this time tomorrow.
    So having an easy PvE run along side it is butter.
    I know a lot of people don’t like it, and many in my alliance don’t. But, if it’s optional at the alliance level then it’s nothing to really sweat.
    The rewards are for old characters so if you need the rewards go for it, and if you don’t then don’t push too hard.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    itsuka7 said:
    As a t50 pve alliance cmd, it took me and my co-cmd less than a minute to decide we would focus on the boss event and make VB a free event without reqs, so every player can decide for themselves. I would recommend any cmd that to let double play be a player decision, not an alliance requirement. 
    Same. This is what we do in the Fluffers. And I guarantee even without the requirement, most of us will play casually enough to get progression or at least the Carbage shards, while feeling no obligation to play hard. And we’ll still get top 100 I bet, which isn’t much different than top 50 in regards to rewards. 

I’ve always felt this game is like a marathon, so in a situation like this, someone else might get an extra boost of energy from the water the just drank and start running a little faster for a few minutes. That shouldn’t make you feel bad about your own pace. 

A similar situation could be said for those who play PvP hard. Or who specifically choose to wait for a bracket flip so they place top 10 instead of top 100. Someone else will always “get” more rewards than you because their game style is different or they play more or harder or faster. Don’t compare yourself to them. If you think it’s too much to play two events, choose not to play one of them, the same way you probably aren’t doing the things I just mentioned above. And as others have said, if the alliance is requiring you to play both hard, ask them if they couldn’t relax the rules for situations like this… or perhaps that alliance isn’t for you any longer. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    My view hasn't changed much from the last Boss/PVE weekend, I'd prefer the break of a regular boss weekend but can handle having both together.

If I look at it one way - this weekend is a normal PVE weekend with some additional time needed to do the boss.  Boss events in 5* land aren't too tricky and S6 will be done pretty easily when I have time, while I do PVE like I'd normally expect.  I'll enjoy the extra boss rewards, especially now that 5* covers are offered.

Or I can look at it that this is a boss weekend with an annoying extra need to do the PVE throughout.  That's significantly more time than I'd normally expect on a boss weekend.  I appreciate quieter boss weekends and being off the hamster wheel a bit.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    It’s funny - I find PVP way more skippable than a full PVE. And I find Puzzle Gauntlet to be almost entirely skippable. 

It’s based on the reward structure. PVE has the best rewards for the time investment in Progression only play. So if it’s there, I’ll grind it. But I don’t really like it. I have to imagine at some point the release pace of 5*s is going to increase such that you’ll fall behind if you skip, but that’s just my own tinfoil hat suspicions of an economy increase like this. Hopefully I’m wrong. I’m glad y’all like it, I feel it’s valid to not like it.
  • doom_decrees_it
    doom_decrees_it Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    This thread makes it pretty clear who the snipers and suppressors and S5 players and brown nosers are. Not naming names. But it must truly, sincerely be nice to not worry about competing for placement.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I’ve been playing for progression only for a long time, it is nice lol
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Punter1 said:
    My view hasn't changed much from the last Boss/PVE weekend, I'd prefer the break of a regular boss weekend but can handle having both together.

If I look at it one way - this weekend is a normal PVE weekend with some additional time needed to do the boss.  Boss events in 5* land aren't too tricky and S6 will be done pretty easily when I have time, while I do PVE like I'd normally expect.  I'll enjoy the extra boss rewards, especially now that 5* covers are offered.

Or I can look at it that this is a boss weekend with an annoying extra need to do the PVE throughout.  That's significantly more time than I'd normally expect on a boss weekend.  I appreciate quieter boss weekends and being off the hamster wheel a bit.  
    Sheesh... stop complaining earlier me... you just hit personal progression in the Boss on the 1st node refresh.  Alliance is on rd 7, at this rate we'll be done when I wake up tomorrow and the boss can be forgotten until next time.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thankfully the boss event is S6 which is normally over in a day. I will reduce my input into Venom Bomb to 4 clears and out. So the concurrent Event + PvE + Puzzle I has been mitigated slightly. 

I do have to say, I quit SWGoH because they restricted the energy they gifted to times when I was working. FOMO or not, feeling screwed over because on you have a life outside the game is real is a legitimate reason to walk away. I will also quit this game again when it becomes too much of a grind. That isn’t a threat, but I doubt I’m the only one. Hopefully BC recognizes that this is a concern for a part of their player base an tweaks it a bit. Maybe only running goon heavy PvEs during events is a good compromise.
    16 hours in and S6 is done. If they could boost Apocalypse for all of these that would help as well. Him and Kamala Khan (equipped with Santorum Sanctum) with help from BRB in Pick 3 crushed everything and everyone with no effort.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Boss event:
      - Finished personal progression on day 1
      - Woke up on day 2 to discover that my alliance had finished the alliance progression

I still like having a PvE run concurrently with the boss event.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same boat here. Personal progression is cleared and my alliance is almost finished. Should be at the next switch.
    Glad there is a PvE running otherwise there would be very little to do the next few days.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boss event:
      - Finished personal progression on day 1
      - Woke up on day 2 to discover that my alliance had finished the alliance progression

I still like having a PvE run concurrently with the boss event.
    Same exact thing for me.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here.
    Actually if in the alliance are people active and interested no boss event holds on until sunday.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    so glad we have a pve running    already got my 900k   if no pve i have nothing to do for what 3 days 
    every boss event  should be  this one      fastest boss event around 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personal progression done (and I always miss the third Boss refresh over first 24 hours coz of work) and (casual) Alliance in Round 7.
  • DAZ0273
    Bad said:
    Same here.
    Actually if in the alliance are people active and interested no boss event holds on until sunday.
    Not true in my experience. Depends very much on level of players. Civil War can be particularly tough to clear both sides for a more casual Alliance.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Younger rosters in an alliance are often roster limited on requires nodes, so they are as engaged as they can be, but only able to contribute so much. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    And done here too.
    Younger rosters should make their way out.
    Older rosters must work a bit more for them. 
    But all younger rosters on the same alliance?= no rewards, no progress.
  • DAZ0273
    Bad said:
    And done here too.
    Younger rosters should make their way out.
    Older rosters must work a bit more for them. 
    But all younger rosters on the same alliance?= no rewards, no progress.
    Sorry mate - normally I find you quite fun but you are talking nonsense here. You speak from a view of ignorance.